I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

"Call me pessimistic, but if there is actually an ending where the reapers win in ME3, my brains will probably need a hard reboot as a result of epic surprise. We are talking about Bio here after all."

Yeah, because BIO has never made a game where the main villain(s) won. Oh yeah, oops, they have. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest Slinky

Jade Empire? Thats the only Bio RPG I haven't played, so I wouldn't know if you can "lose" in it.

I really would like to be able to lose in ME3, but I really can't see that happening. Maybe Bio will prove me wrong.

Jade Empire? Thats the only Bio RPG I haven't played, so I wouldn't know if you can "lose" in it.

I really would like to be able to lose in ME3, but I really can't see that happening. Maybe Bio will prove me wrong.

The only thing you can lose when Jade Empire is concerned is money. :p

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky

The only thing you can lose when Jade Empire is concerned is money. :p

So I take it you can't lose in JE then? And Vol is again being.. Vol?

Question for replaying: Is going through all the personal introduction/backstory dialogues with the JNPCs necessary in order for them to broach the topic of the loyalty mission? Or do the loyalty missions just come up at a certain point in the storyline? While I'm not as desperate to skip over dialogues as I was when replaying ME1, going through the life stories of some of the characters again has the potential to get rather tiresome.

Also, I forgot how terrible the feel was of the basic machine pistol. Ugh-- now I remember why my first character initially used the heavy pistol almost exclusively.

Edited by Enoch

Question for replaying: Is going through all the personal introduction/backstory dialogues with the JNPCs necessary in order for them to broach the topic of the loyalty mission? Or do the loyalty missions just come up at a certain point in the storyline? While I'm not as desperate to skip over dialogues as I was when replaying ME1, going through the life stories of some of the characters again has the potential to get rather tiresome.

If I understood the joke right, this is a SICK BURN!

at least I hope I did

@Deathdealer: No, you can lose in JE.

i would love if there were three endings to me3. reapers win. humans win and begin galactic purge of the other races. goodytwoshoesending

would be neato.

so really though, if you got all your npc's killed in me2, then who the hell is in your party for me3? are they going to make a whole nother cast of 10? or will they make 3 losers who join you because nobody else is alive to help?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

More like japanese non-player characters, amirite?

Get it? Because most of ME2's characters kind of suck. Right? Guys?

so really though, if you got all your npc's killed in me2, then who the hell is in your party for me3? are they going to make a whole nother cast of 10? or will they make 3 losers who join you because nobody else is alive to help?

That would be hilariously awesome.

*you see three dudes in plastic armor with toy guns and fake alien prosthetics*

"Who are you guys?"

"Uh, we're the replacement team"

Edited by Purkake

The missions will pop up by themselves eventually whether you talk to them or not. You'll have to talk to them to start the mission, but you'll get a notice in your journal and Kelly will tell you that "X wants to talk to you".

And oh god yes does the machine pistol suck. It's horrible.

Edited by Deraldin

The only thing you can lose when Jade Empire is concerned is money. :blink:

So I take it you can't lose in JE then? And Vol is again being.. Vol?

It went by too fast for me to remember.

Honest! :p

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yeah, the second SMG is a fine weapon. I already looked up which mission you find that one on (it's Tali's recruitment), so that I can go do it as soon as it becomes available.

Oh, and thanks, Deraldin. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to go listen to my teammates' various daddy issues, but I didn't want to risk missing anything by running off and doing missions instead of chatting with them. Quick chat to get their ship upgrade option, and then I'll "Investigate" further if and when I feel like it.

Well one of the endings for Jade Empire is.. losing.. Sort of. You can be talked into sacrificing yourself for the "good of the empire" if you (as the player) belive it.. and then you get this nice ending where everybody is basically tinted by black magic being controlled by the main villain as Emperor...

So I guess you could count that as "losing". :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, the second SMG is a fine weapon. I already looked up which mission you find that one on (it's Tali's recruitment), so that I can go do it as soon as it becomes available.

Oh, and thanks, Deraldin. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to go listen to my teammates' various daddy issues, but I didn't want to risk missing anything by running off and doing missions instead of chatting with them. Quick chat to get their ship upgrade option, and then I'll "Investigate" further if and when I feel like it.

Yeah, the Tali recruitment mission became an ASAP mission for anything that didn't have access to assault rifles for me. It was just far and away, so much better than just about everything else for general purpose shooting things in the face. And it almost never runs out of ammo.

I think the loyalty mission conversations are based on the number of missions you've done since recruiting them. Not sure about the specific number though.

Call me pessimistic, but if there is actually an ending where the reapers win in ME3, my brains will probably need a hard reboot as a result of epic surprise. We are talking about Bio here after all.

My guess: If you go paragon through the trilogy, the galaxy will stand together against the reapers and win. If you go renegade through the trilogy, everyone is giving the finger at each other when the reapers come, but still manage to win with heavy losses.

am thinking that a handful o' fallout fans got together and decided that alternate endings were some kinda brass ring o' game development... not sure why. alternate ends is the Easiest place for developers to bifurcate story, and as with fallout, the execution is invariably a bit sloppy. nothing significant comes after the game end, so have 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 ends not gonna result in no game-breaking. multiple ends for sake o' having multiple ends? *snort*

bifurcate significant somewheres in middle o' game, or near start o' game. now That would be worth witnessing, but to have a downer ending "just because" is pandering to an element o' the gamer populace that not need more attention. da:o actually handled the denouement stuff very well... when it weren't bugged to hell. sure, you gotta confront and overcome the UBG, but the epilogues were satisfying.

provide a bummer ending for me3? fine, give 2% o' the me3 gamers a chance to sees the galaxy go up in flames. if that makes game so much better for some folks, then include such an ending, but do not try and convince Gromnir that the addition o' such an ending is genuine meaningful. doing so at end o' game is the damned easiest place to bifurcate the story and it offers even less replay value than those origins from da:o.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No, I don't think I did. Garrus was screaming at me that everything was so urgent that I didn't even slow down to grab medi-gel. I figured I could loot the place after I secured the location... and scour for ammo, since by the end of the battle nearly every one of my weapons was totally out.

Wrong.

*sigh* It's a learning curve. For me, a big one!

That was nasty mission, especially as it could be first recruitment mission. My Insane run Shepard Adept is alien lover so of course she disagreed with Miranda and didn't go for the salarian doc first. Garrus taking damage outside the screen, Miranda and Jacob die really fast, your powers are still rather gimpy or do not recharge fast enough, unlimited spawn of mobs while you try to move towards the button. I used granade laucher to kill armor and then singulatity to control 'em. Damn those Krogans could take beating and my guns (both pistols) felt like peashooter. Was hardest fight in the game for me (a lot to do with early levels and low powers, as well as minimal upgrades). Thankfully game autosaved (and ignored mobs that were still alive after 10 secs was over) and moved to cutscene. That Krogan boss killed me when I tried to circle strafe (in order to keep it away from nearly dead Garrus). I was damn pissed at that point because my last quicksave was before the last shutter... first time ever I was happy that there was autosave.

Thank you for this post, even if you're just trying to make me feel less incompetent. It worked! :lol: The part in bold gave me a clue as to why I had as much trouble as I did. I took Miranda and Mordin, but left Mordin with Garrus thinking that if I didn't, Garrus would die faster. In rhetrospect, perhaps I should have been more concerned about how quickly I might die without them, and been greedy!

And no way am I replaying that mission until my next game, when I'll hopefully be a bit more proficient at... everything.

Edited by ~Di

Di,

equipment makes a difference in me2. the basic assault rifle option in me2 is... crap. am gonna suggest that from this point forward you do not rely too much on joinable npcs that depend on an assault rifle, 'cause w/o the vindicator or collector assault rifle options, you is gonna be playing at a significant disadvantage.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Di,

equipment makes a difference in me2. the basic assault rifle option in me2 is... crap. am gonna suggest that from this point forward you do not rely too much on joinable npcs that depend on an assault rifle, 'cause w/o the vindicator or collector assault rifle options, you is gonna be playing at a significant disadvantage.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Yikes. Thanks, Grommy. I'll plod on using ... well, other options.

The carnifex heavy pistol is a good second choice. It does a lot of damage, and of course is more effective at closer range. You get that for nothing just by recruiting Mordin. The drawback is a smaller ammo supply.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The carnifex heavy pistol is a good second choice. It does a lot of damage, and of course is more effective at closer range. You get that for nothing just by recruiting Mordin. The drawback is a smaller ammo supply.

The thing is that you pretty much need to use all the guns you get... Frankly, missing out on the vindicator with a soldier is going to make some places in the early-mid game a huge pain. :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif