The Great Alpha Protocol venting thread

Yes. I want this game to come out now. I feel I have waited long enough.

So my honest and sincere reaction to this unspecified delay is..

fffuuu.jpg

WHAT IS TAKING SO GODDAMN LONG?!

That is all.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't think the blog is publicised anywhere but here, is it? Given that there's no new news most people wouldn't have a reason to hit AP's IGN page, it's only the forum dwellers here who realise the blogs exist.

Maybe when there's a new trailer, release date or a 'feature page' preview, people will remember that AP is still around and start paying attention again.

what really frustrates me is, and i say that in a sad kind of way, the absolute lack of information on part of the publisher but obsidian as well... If this game is to come out some time in the future there absolutely has to start "some form of information policy" be that more interviews, advertisement, whatsoever. But this silence is really, really frustrating and and is probably not helping the fans to stay loyal....

and i suppose if this lack of communication continues, the fans will move on..... sad for obsidian

If the game is being released then you will know a month beforehand by the flood of promos for the game. I have a suspicion that this game is now vapourware unfortunately. Anyone remember Dungeon Hero? Both games were due out around the same time and DH is now vaopurware. I hope I'm wrong and everything works out, the game looks great and I'll be getting it for sure. Still, ME 2 next week, so the game will once again drop off my radar. I remember telling all my friends about it last year in April...

Edited by Taiko

EA/Bioware is there a difference?

I don't think the blog is publicised anywhere but here, is it? Given that there's no new news most people wouldn't have a reason to hit AP's IGN page, it's only the forum dwellers here who realise the blogs exist.

Maybe when there's a new trailer, release date or a 'feature page' preview, people will remember that AP is still around and start paying attention again.

RPG-focused websites like Gamebanshee and the Watch usually tells about it. I personnaly bring the news to the french boards I dwell on (even if the news is often already brought by other people) too.

I agree with Taiko and Killian.

This game is probably vaporware. >_<

We're actually talking with a new PR agency that Sega has hired to work on AP matters pretty soon, and I'm due to record some more voiceover for a walkthrough video in the next couple of weeks, as well. Sorry for the lack of info lately, but hopefully things will start popping up relatively soon. While the game was delayed, I can assure everyone that it's very much coming out. :*

Matthew Rorie

This game is probably vaporware. :lol:

We're actually talking with a new PR agency that Sega has hired to work on AP matters pretty soon, and I'm due to record some more voiceover for a walkthrough video in the next couple of weeks, as well. Sorry for the lack of info lately, but hopefully things will start popping up relatively soon. While the game was delayed, I can assure everyone that it's very much coming out. :)

At least you post on your forums. :)

While the info has been rather sparse, what has been revealed recently has looked *very* promising.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

We're actually talking with a new PR agency that Sega has hired to work on AP matters pretty soon, and I'm due to record some more voiceover for a walkthrough video in the next couple of weeks, as well. Sorry for the lack of info lately, but hopefully things will start popping up relatively soon. While the game was delayed, I can assure everyone that it's very much coming out. :lol:

Can I still Rage even though Rorie has assured us it's coming out?

I AM SO ANGRY.

Is there a vague release window Matthew? April? May? September? 2011? 2050? When hell freezes over?

We're actually talking with a new PR agency that Sega has hired to work on AP matters pretty soon, and I'm due to record some more voiceover for a walkthrough video in the next couple of weeks, as well. Sorry for the lack of info lately, but hopefully things will start popping up relatively soon. While the game was delayed, I can assure everyone that it's very much coming out. :)
May I suggest emphasizing that Awareness isn't passive until maxed out? I'm kinda tired reading all those ingrates out there whining about it.

Is there a vague release window Matthew? April? May? September? 2011? 2050? When hell freezes over?
Spring. Vague enough? :)

Personally I prefer :lol: :picard: :headdesk: as I feel it brings both simplicity and elegance to proceedings.
The hardness of the desk symbolizes the painfulness of reading certain comments.

Based on how Sega has handled this whole thing so far, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that they decided to hire a new PR firm. :lol:

Their last PR firm was doing great, you just had to have a CB radio on at 1 in the morning, or have access to Whitefish MT's public access television station.

I wonder what Obsidian thinks of Bioware's media blitzkrieg for ME2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I wonder what Obsidian thinks of Bioware's media blitzkrieg for ME2.

The same almost every other rpg dev feels. :lol:

Any dev in their right mind would love to have that sort promotion for their game.

Perhaps is time for TV producers to take note and draw some ideas for gaming shows that focus on these AAA titles and rising games. I mean the gaming industry is a multimillion dollar industry i'm sure that some mainstream promotion wouldn't hurt them, plus is a great way to finally bring gaming culture out of it's community and open it to the world.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This game is probably vaporware. :lol:

Nice to here but until I have the game in my grubby digits I shall keep my pessimism. Sega canceled the Aliens RPG, and back when Obsidian was Black Isle there was a slew of canceled games that would have been great. I think my pessimism is well earned.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."