The Great Alpha Protocol venting thread

Nice to hear that the game is still on track to be released sometime soon. Hopefully, the new PR firm will do a kick ass job of promoting the game.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Mr Brian Menze, I suppose, posted that concept art for a character of the game, mister Molten Face :

http://brenze.deviantart.com/art/Alpha-Pro...Fight-151058405

Oh, it's the guy from the screenshot in the latest blog entry!

image001.jpg

EDIT: Lots of cool stuff in Menze's gallery, including character designs for Aliens: Crucible.

Edited by Radek Smektala

IF anyone thinks there isn't much info being released about A.P , trying being a Deus Ex 3 fan. There hasn't even been a single screen shot released, though the game is supposedly going to be out this year (not a chance it will IMHO). Eidos Montreal hasn't revealed a thing about the game in about 9 months or so.

Although Deus Ex 3 is a different case : the silence about it could also mean a new direction is taken for the game, different of what they were doing with it until now. And you can really say "We don't know anything".

Alpha Protocol is a different case. What really frustrates me is that there is number of features I have a pretty good guess of how it works, but I can't say "That's how it works, they said it", only "I suppose that's how it works from some comments here and there". For example, limited gear for the missions : how many weapons? How many gadgets? Is there a limit on the munitions? Is there an inventory system for the missions and some kind of loot?

Sega's Alpha Protocol PR to date can only really be compared to one thing, IMO:

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a torch."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'. Tell me, have you ever thought of going into advertising?"

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.