What Are You Playing Now?

It's good he has the tissue paper ready though. :sorcerer:

Damnit why did you have to go there?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Patch 3.3 for WoW went live yesterday. Finished the first and second new Icecrown dungeons and got a spiffey new sword, Seethe. They seem to have upped the difficulty a little bit too which is a welcome change IMO.

The third one has an EPIC fight (at least the first time you do it) where you're fleeing the Lich king with either Jaina or Sylvanas... there is nothing like the fear of watching a giant guy in armor coming at you periodically stopping to summon an army of undead minions!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's good he has the tissue paper ready though. :blush:

Damnit why did you have to go there?

Maybe he read my other post about hubby & I having colds? I'm sure that's it. :shifty:

I need another new game but I'm completely uninspired by the choices. I wish I still liked in-depth RPG's as much as I used to. My brain just doesn't want to go there anymore.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i finished assassins creed 2. i might be the only person on earth who loved the ridiculous ending. it made me laugh and smile as few game endings do. very very good game, HUGE improvement over the first one.

I started and finished modern warfare 2. I have to say, the storyline completely jumped the shark, then turned around and jumped back over it to the point where I'm not sure what to think. I had a blast playing it, and some of the stuff was cool, but i was not expecting the game to be a michael bay remake of Red Dawn.

i dont play shooters online usually, other than left 4 dead, but MW2 was so short i decided to try online for a little while, and surprise surprise, it was actually kinda fun, i imagine i'll play for a week or so and then move on to something else though.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This just in: Titan Quest final boss

Typhon the Bane of the Gods

is harder than a certain red, horned thing from another hack'n'slash game. Especially since you can't visit the town to resupply unless you want it's health replenished.

Epic, or just stupid. You decide.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Has anyone played Divine Divinity before? It's a 2002 action/RPG. Sounds slightly less action+bigger/more open than, but w/many similarities/ease of use as the Diablos?

This just in: Titan Quest final boss is harder than a certain red, horned thing from another hack'n'slash game. Especially since you can't visit the town to resupply unless you want it's health replenished.

What I found 'stupid' is that he's more than similar graphically...they could've made him look more different, at least.

But yeah, he's a bit tougher because of the regen thing+his crazy attacks & occasional life leech, IIRC. Especially if you're a melee-only chr. And I think one patch made it even harder.

The Lich summon was very handy against him. That and running to the stairs to let skill timers regen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've played Divine Divinity. It starts out as a Diablo clone and for the first few hours (basically the length of the demo that was released) I hated it. But then all of a sudden (as soon as they let you out of the starting village) it turns into something slightly similar to Ultima 7 lite. Lots of quests, LOTS of combat (it is an action RPG after all) and lots of exploring. Oh and it has a great character development system. I really liked it, but as always: opinions differ.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^ Yeah, agree with the Divine Divinity / Ultima comparison.

FWIW, I liked DD a lot. It's charming, quirky and old-skool. I could think of far worse gaming ways of killing a cold winter evening in front of the 'puter with a bottle of claret.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I tried the Torchlight demo. Definitely a cool stylized game, it just isn't my cup of tea and I don't think it will hold me attention. It actually made me contemplate loading up Titan's Quest, since I figured I already own a good hack and slash game that I never got too far into.

I also am almost done with Saint's Row 2. I've been working my way through it slowly for about a year now, it really is just a great game to pick up and roll through for an hour or so.

I'm also working through a season on MLB 09 The Show. I'm 27 and I'm in the last year of my contract with the Blue Jays, making 16 million. I'm hoping to sign a nice deal with a more competitive team, The Blue Jays just don't have the pitching staff to get us into the playoffs.

Finished off Borderlands with my friend last night...ending was a bit of a letdown although the bit the Claptrap was amusing. Now, back to EVE, getting set up for another W-space run.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This just in: Titan Quest final boss is harder than a certain red, horned thing from another hack'n'slash game. Especially since you can't visit the town to resupply unless you want it's health replenished.

What I found 'stupid' is that he's more than similar graphically...they could've made him look more different, at least.

But yeah, he's a bit tougher because of the regen thing+his crazy attacks & occasional life leech, IIRC. Especially if you're a melee-only chr. And I think one patch made it even harder.

The Lich summon was very handy against him. That and running to the stairs to let skill timers regen.

What really killed me was that you could not "cheese it" and just restock. It didn't help much either that there was no waypoint to Olympus, meaning you had to beat him without dropping a portal anywhere else, effectively closing the idea of grinding and returning, unless you felt like walking through Mount Wusao, through the Obsidian Halls and all the way back to Olympus Summit.

That said, the death scene was satisfactory and I immediately liked the Immortal Throne chapter, the quests are generally better and it's challenging as well.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, nearing the end of AC, and I'm finishing my Mercs 2 Chris profile.

Oh, and BTW, not sure if i ever mentioned this, but this WoW talk got me thinking, and if I remember correctly, Rise of the Lich King came out the day after I beat Warcraft III: TFT. Since the end of that game is Arthas becoming the Lich King, this seems odd to me.

@Musopticon? -- You're making me want to reinstall Titan Quest/Immortal Throne yet again.

...and thanks for the comments on Divine Divinity, all. I was on the fence about getting it from GoG...think I'll give it a go-I like me some old skool action-RPG'ing. Especially for that price.