Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I watched all 3 Evil Dead movies now, and I have to say Number 2 was the best. Army of Darkness was fun but mostly silly and had about zero tension. Number one was okay but it seemed to go for shock value more than anything, more than plot, character or atmosphere. Dead By Dawn was just awesome in all respects.

Honestly I'm pretty glad I watched number 2 first, because I might have given up on it with number 1. It didn't hold my attention a lot.

I watched all 3 Evil Dead movies now, and I have to say Number 2 was the best. Army of Darkness was fun but mostly silly and had about zero tension. Number one was okay but it seemed to go for shock value more than anything, more than plot, character or atmosphere. Dead By Dawn was just awesome in all respects.

Honestly I'm pretty glad I watched number 2 first, because I might have given up on it with number 1. It didn't hold my attention a lot.

Yep. Evil Dead 2 is by far the best. I'm not really overly fond of either the first or third at all really. 2 is a classic though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Evil Dead 2 is one of the best camp horror movies ever made :cat: ... But Bubba Ho-Tep is a very close second as my favourite Bruce Campbell flick.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Ah yes. A space sim. I remember when game developers used to make space sims.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

For a flick, perhaps.

But this is Bruce Campbell at his best:

Tachyon. :facepalm:

Sooooo long since I played that game, and yes he was pretty cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Them

was soooo tired and kept nearly drifting off to sleep and was apparently muttering that is was the monkey cameraman that was chasing them :facepalm:

what i remember of it was pretty meh - wouldn't recommend

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Watched PANDORUM.

Pretty entertaining film, let down a bit by an ending that doesn't quite work the way I think the producers wanted it to.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just watched Five Deadly Venoms. Great classic martial arts film from Chang Cheh and the Shaw Brothers.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That's almost exactly how I feel about those movies. I saw the 2nd first, because a friend "made" me see it. Then I rented the 1st, and it was...well...there was nothing amusing about it, a straight horror flick, and not a very good one at that. With Army of Darkness, my friend loved it, but I was mostly "meh". There were some great funny moments, but it became too slapstick, too much a parody of itself, if that's possible.

However, in all three, Bruce Campbell was the bomb. :aiee:

...last night, I watched Independence Day on TV. I'm the 1st to admit it was never super stellar, but it hasn't aged well. I still enjoy it tho, especially the first act...largely because of my memory of seeing it in a packed theater. ID4 was a popcorn audience-participation film...fun w/a crowd hooting, hollering, and applauding, but not so awesome when viewed in your own living room, by yourself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone who has watched all three should really read "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Star" by Bruce

Campbell. It is brilliant.

http://www.amazon.com/If-Chins-Could-Kill-...s/dp/0312242646

Already done. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

went to the harry potter movie in the imax... 3D in all its glory. i liked the movie, probably because i never read the books. my son... eh, not so much. too long i think. anyway, the 3D was a waste - only implemented in the first half hour and nothing throughout the rest of the movie. shoulda just taken the glasses off. imax is cool, but i recall the DLP picture being nicer. the theater was empty, of course, because this film is two months old. a hot dog, fries, biggest popcorn bucket i've ever seen, and what must have been a gallon of coke (john had dots) probably set me back $50-$60 for the three of us. oh well, it's been a while since i've been to the show and i had fun.

oh yeah, it did end kinda funny. i've heard that if you know the book, the ending is screwy. didn't hurt me any, just seemed sort of unexplained.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I see Michael Moore has a new movie out.