Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I'm really bad with horror movies, but I love them regardless. As a kid, Are You Afraid of the Dark terrified me. The worst ones were the one with the jester that made everyone gibber uncontrollably and drool blue goo, and the one where the movie theater shows nosferatu and orlock comes out. Gave me nightmares. Yet I'd still watch it every time it came on. I'm the rare person who gets scared ****less by horror movies, not sleep for like a week, and STILL come back for more because they're just so great. Too bad most horror movies these days aren't so good.

I'm really bad with horror movies, but I love them regardless. As a kid, Are You Afraid of the Dark terrified me. The worst ones were the one with the jester that made everyone gibber uncontrollably and drool blue goo,

That was the only one I EVER saw, and that kept me up for two days strait.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Doomsday - Phenomenal. I went in not expecting much, but I was absolutely blown away. It is a fantastic post apoc. movie, I'd put it right alongside Mad Max. The lead actress was great, but there was this one cannibal girl with face paint and swords that was just drop dead gorgeous.

There were some silly parts, apparently cannibalism is a fantastic diet that will make you look like a model, but overall it was a very enjoyable film.

Just watched Doomsday. Wow, what a great movie. :)

To quote somebody from imdb... this movie had it all! Mad Max+Escape from New York+28 days later+Braveheart!!! Plus Kate Beckinsale, I mean Rhona Mitra, walking around in her skin-tight wardrobe is always a benefit. I hope the sequel has Matrix + Jaws + Aliens + Tron in it. I don't know what the hell kind of plot could be made from those, but who gives a damn?!! :sweat:

Darker than black.

I watched all 26 episodes and damn it was good.

They have a second season coming up very soon I believe. I thought it was relatively solid but mostly warm memories of cat episode kept me in the game. I don't remember what happened but I recall the end being confusing and lame. Though I didn't forget about the chick undergoing loli-fication from time manipulation.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Against my better judgement, I saw Zombieland yesterday- bad choice, as I'm also bad with horror movies. Oh well. It was funny though.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

last night i saw Night of the Living Dorks

was actually pretty funny

i thought it was gonna be a group of dorks running away from zombies etc, but instead the dorks were the zombies

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Better of Shaun of the Dead though?

Never saw it.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Has anyone seen The Fall(2008)? Is it any good?

It's really beautiful, but I didn't find the story that interesting. It's very similar to the director's previous film "The Cell" in terms of visual flamboyance and lack of coherent plot. But despite of that it's a film that's worth seeing for the visuals alone.

Fortune favors the bald.

Watched the Cube Trilogy. Cube Zero, Cube, Cube 2 Hypercube.

Cube :w00t:

Cube 2 Hypercube :x

Cube Zero :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I recall many bits from the Cube, but I really wouldn't care to see it again.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone seen Surrogates? It looks alright.

Bruce Willis' weave creeps me out some. I'm sure in the context of the film it works ...sure and simple way to distinguish between his character and his character's surrogate, but c'mon! They couldn't find a better rug than that?! Elton John's piece looks more convincing.

Right. Of the relatively few films I've seen this year ...Moon, District 9, Inglourious Basterds, Adventureland and Star Trek have been among the best. A fine year for sci-fi.

Edited by Tel Aviv

I recall many bits from the Cube, but I really wouldn't care to see it again.

It's really one of the most orthogonal movies ever made :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein