Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I saw Paranormal Activity.

Really well done scary movie - it may be the only film I've ever been to where audience members left because they were too scared to watch anymore.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Really well done scary movie - it may be the only film I've ever been to where audience members left because they were too scared to watch anymore.

Sounds like something I'd enjoy...then get a heart attack and die. :thumbsup::)

Coraline.

The best stop-motion animation I have ever seen (so good that at times I was doubting if it wasn't just CGI), but I felt it had some pacing problems (it took like an hour to get started) and every character except Coraline herself was pretty unlikable. Despite that, 8 out of 10 because it had gorgeous visuals and when it finally went into gear it had me on the edge of my seat.

Sounds like something I'd enjoy...then get a heart attack and die. :lol::lol:

So far it seems to be a case of getting hooked into the premise.

People who have gotten hooked into it have been:

• on the edge of their seats
  • shaking in their seats
  • leaving because they're scared
  • having trouble sleeping after seeing it

People who've not gotten hooked have been:

• dissapointed

Personally I liked it and thought it built suspense real well. I also knew nothing about it beyond the basic premise - I think not knowing where the film is going helps a whole lot.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Saw VI. Continuation of the movies and you 'must' watch all five to get all the references and flashbacks to the previous movies. I read they'll be relaesing more Saw movies over the next few years. How many can they make?

They don't cost much so my guess is lots. IIRC though they have been turning less of a profit with each new entry. However, they still gross way more than they cost to make.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fast and the Furious - I don't know what number, but it's the second one with Vin Diesel. It was fun, definitely matched the original in quality.

Adventureland - Coming of age comedy with a virgin guy working at an amusementpark who has a Lit degree and needs money for grad school. It wasn't very funny, but it had some charm to it and kept my interest.

Saw VI. Continuation of the movies and you 'must' watch all five to get all the references and flashbacks to the previous movies. I read they'll be relaesing more Saw movies over the next few years. How many can they make?

They don't cost much so my guess is lots. IIRC though they have been turning less of a profit with each new entry. However, they still gross way more than they cost to make.

I've never seen em, but I've always thought that it was basically a group of people in a pack of small rooms.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've never seen em, but I've always thought that it was basically a group of people in a pack of small rooms.

It's more than that. There is a story to them and about why the characters are trapped and you learn the back story of the characters through the film. Jigsaw is more of a vigilante than a killer and it's usually the people that are trapped who kill each other or themselves. There is also one continuous story running through all Saw films.

Just saw Transformers 2. 4 things I hated, the rest was very entertaining. Hated things were:

1: Megan Fox airbrushing a motorcycle gastank upside down. WTF.

2: Pretender.

3: Devastators Testicles.

4: Robot Heaven.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just saw Transformers 2. 4 things I hated, the rest was very entertaining. Hated things were:

It is worth seeing, Oerwinde? As a fellow purist (and purveyor of good taste) I've resisted watching it 'till now.

manthing2.jpg

Rofl I watched this last night and agreed on all points. The airbrushing part was hilarious and it wasn't just devastators testicles, there was like a huge emphasis on scrotal trauma in this movie and I'm not quite sure where that inspiration came from. I mean every 15 minutes had something to do with balls. I laughed because I'm a 12 year old at heart but after like the 8th time it was more for the absurdity of how monumental the budget it has and how low brow they are going for laughs. The pot brownie thing was retarded as well, that needs to be outlawed from now on. It's not and was never funny. Please stop.

While it had all these problems they were really just a small drop in the bucket compared to the incredible abuse in pacing and disjointed story telling. Whoever penned this story should be ashamed and him and Bay must have been on speed together becuase it was just ADHD throughout the entire film. I won't lie though, I did enjoy it at least for the action which was sufficient. I just don't understand who you have to give oral to to get a decent plot in one of these, it's not that difficult.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Transformers 2. It was okay nothing like the first one.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Rofl I watched this last night and agreed on all points. The airbrushing part was hilarious and it wasn't just devastators testicles, there was like a huge emphasis on scrotal trauma in this movie and I'm not quite sure where that inspiration came from. I mean every 15 minutes had something to do with balls. I laughed because I'm a 12 year old at heart but after like the 8th time it was more for the absurdity of how monumental the budget it has and how low brow they are going for laughs. The pot brownie thing was retarded as well, that needs to be outlawed from now on. It's not and was never funny. Please stop.

While it had all these problems they were really just a small drop in the bucket compared to the incredible abuse in pacing and disjointed story telling. Whoever penned this story should be ashamed and him and Bay must have been on speed together becuase it was just ADHD throughout the entire film. I won't lie though, I did enjoy it at least for the action which was sufficient. I just don't understand who you have to give oral to to get a decent plot in one of these, it's not that difficult.

From what I read they decided that everything that made the first movie good would be better on steroids, thus they amped up the darkness and death etc, and also ramped up the stupid stupid humor.

I hated it because it kinda lost it's innocence. I mean you look at the first one and it was fairly chaste with little backround love story etc, but this one turned it into a (pardon my language) slutfest that had balls and other bits hanging out all over the place.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

From what I read they decided that everything that made the first movie good would be better on steroids, thus they amped up the darkness and death etc, and also ramped up the stupid stupid humor.

I hated it because it kinda lost it's innocence. I mean you look at the first one and it was fairly chaste with little backround love story etc, but this one turned it into a (pardon my language) slutfest that had balls and other bits hanging out all over the place.

Yeah honestly the first one I really liked. The story was simple but it was executed well and you always knew pretty much what was going on. It was a little hokey at times but it got the job done in a competent and entertaining manner. The second one was pretty much completely incomprehensible with respect to story and characters. It's like in the first 30 minutes

optimus prime dies

and then the only characters left are ones who have 0 fleshed out/worthwhile personalities. I had no problem with the hispanic kid but the rest of the autobots was like who are these things? what the hell are they doing, why are you doing this to me, shut up leave me alone!?!? And then the story was horrible.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It is worth seeing, Oerwinde? As a fellow purist (and purveyor of good taste) I've resisted watching it 'till now.

I enjoyed it. But it may have been because everyone bad mouthing it may have lowered my expectations. The action was better than the first, and Starscream had a bit more screen time. Overall they repeated the major mistake of the first one and enhanced it, being not enough time was devoted to the robot characters. They had a lot more screen time, but it was all action scenes. Ironhide had the most dialogue out of all the autobots besides Prime, and he had like 4 lines.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg