What are you playing now?

Gorth

Both RE5 and LP use Capcoms "MT Framework" engine/toolset. Supposedly, they're using it for all of Capcoms future titles. I dont know if they license it to other developers, its possible that they use middleware that they dont have the rights to distribute.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Such a waste. Ignoring the Havok physics being a bit faulty in Lost Planet, its really impressive technology.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I finished Gothic 3 CP 1.7 for the first time ever tonight! And I did it twice! I also hit level 82, which is the highest I've ever gotten in Gothic 3. It sounds like a lot, but you don't get anything from a level except 10 skill points, which you must then divide among all your skills, hitpoints, endurance, mana, strength and so on.

Anyhow, I must say that Gothic 3 was much better than I thought it would be. Well, with the Community Patch 1.7 installed. I did have several crashes to desktop (most often when using the teleport stones), but other than that it was table as a rock and virtually bug-free.

There are three ways of finishing Gothic 3. In the lore there are three gods: Beliar, Adanos and Innos. Beliar is an "evil" god while Adanos and Innos are "good" gods. The difference between Adanos and Innos is that one is the god of magic and the other is the god of paladins (and the like). Since Adanos and Innos are on the good side of the morality scale, it's possible to follow both those paths for quite a while. It's only around the last 20% of the game where the paths divide. If you choose to side with Beliar, you immediately lose the Innos and Adanos paths. Anyhow, I did every quest I could find, fought every monster I could see (combat is fun now!) before making a save around the 80% completion mark. From there I went with both paths in one night. It was great fun!

It's a bit sad to think of how close Piranha Bytes must have been to delivering an amazing game. It was originally supposed to have more interaction with the original gang (the friends from Gothic & Gothic 2), all the world was supposed to be filled with hand-placed enemies, locations and chests and it was (naturally) not supposed to be so damn buggy. The CP 1.7 could only deliver a bug-free experience (and rebalancing and better combat) so the things you find in the world are still not as unique and interesting as in the previous Gothics, but it's easy to imagine how good it could have been. Especially in places where they had time to build the world specifically for an encounter, fill it with the right creatures and then, at the end of it all, you find a locked chest with random loot.. Annoying.

Anyhow, I've had a great time with the game. All in all I must have spent around 200 hours on this game (since I've had to start over several times..). Must be a new personal record for time spent on one game (not counting World of Warcraft).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

DMC4 and SF4 also use it, and I think Dead Rising 2 will too. It's pretty gorgeous, and brilliantly optimized.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think the original Dead Rising was actually the first game to use the MT Framework engine.

Anyway, I'm currently replaying Assassin's Creed, looking for flags in the kingdom. Apparently in the sequel collecting flags will actually unlock stuff.

Also playing the Saint's Row 2 DLC.

From older games, I still play games like Starcraft and Diablo II with their expansion packs - Brood War and Lord of Destruction. :sorcerer:

From more recent games, I play Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East and King's Bounty: The Legend.

I also sometimes do 'replays' of classic RPGs I have played before, but these replays are such that I basically try to redo what I did the first time, just to refresh my memory (and I sometimes even use old saved games to facilitate this - some of them very old!). I have replayed Dark Sun: Shattered Lands in this manner and I am thinking about replaying KOTOR.

Okay, now I beat the dragon. Off to the Grand Staff!

That's just a breather, a similarly difficult fight awaits at the entrance of the Grand Staff.

Yes I know what you mean - that gigantic worm!

Yeez... I tried everything! But there's no way I can bring that bugger down. First kill is easy, but when he resurrects, he already uses a full charge immediately. That's just unfair. No matter what tactics I use, there's always that little bit too much that brings my party down.

I'm no further wasting time on that game.

Don't give up so easily :sorcerer:

*sigh* Have any suggestions?

First thing you need to know....you need to battle this same boss twice in a

row. Secondly, the boss can't do anything except absorbing magic from the

little insects, and once its magic bar is full...the giant worm will cast a

pretty powerful magic : Para-Flare (about 200 damage to the entire party) and

will paralyze the entire party (this is where Yellow Band comes in hand, so be

sure to master the Anti Paralyze skills).

To defeat this boss, you need to kill at least 2 of the underlings, and leave

the rest alone as they all will keep coming back anyway. After you killed 2 of

the insects, focus all of your attacks on the boss !! Jansen's Aqua/Flare magic

works well in this battle. If the boss attacks you with Para-Flare, be sure to

heal the party after.

~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=

After you defeat the boss, you'll have to fight it again for the 2nd round.

It's basically the same boss, except this time the boss comes with a full

gauge, so be sure to heal after its Para-Flare attacks. The rest is the same as

the first one, keep attacking with Jansen's Flare/Aqua magic, and heal when

needed.

Like i mentioned before, you don’t need to kill all the insects, just kill

about 2 or 3 and move along to the main boss.

--Additional strategies--

-All out on the boss. Take the boss down quickly by using Aqua based spells and

rings. He will only get 1 or 2 Para attacks in, so make sure you heal!

-Another way to defeat this boss is by taking out all the bugs first, this way

the big guy cant charge up. Then take out the big guy, and when bugs appear,

take them out as well.

Courtesy of GameFaqs.

It was quite a while since i finished Lost Odyssey, but the i clearly remember using the strategy of killing a couple bugs so there are 1-2 left, and then started to concentrate on the main boss.

Good luck!

Yeah, thanks for that, but I beat the worm today anyway. The solution was just to run all the way back, and buy some Aqua bombs! Didn't know the creature is so vulnerable against water based attacks. He sacked down like a potatoe bag. Hehe.

Edited by Morgoth

All of this talk about Fallout 2 is making me want to play another game. That restoration mod is pretty good after all.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Okay, now I beat the dragon. Off to the Grand Staff!

That's just a breather, a similarly difficult fight awaits at the entrance of the Grand Staff.

Yes I know what you mean - that gigantic worm!

Yeez... I tried everything! But there's no way I can bring that bugger down. First kill is easy, but when he resurrects, he already uses a full charge immediately. That's just unfair. No matter what tactics I use, there's always that little bit too much that brings my party down.

I'm no further wasting time on that game.

Don't give up so easily :p

*sigh* Have any suggestions?

First thing you need to know....you need to battle this same boss twice in a

row. Secondly, the boss can't do anything except absorbing magic from the

little insects, and once its magic bar is full...the giant worm will cast a

pretty powerful magic : Para-Flare (about 200 damage to the entire party) and

will paralyze the entire party (this is where Yellow Band comes in hand, so be

sure to master the Anti Paralyze skills).

To defeat this boss, you need to kill at least 2 of the underlings, and leave

the rest alone as they all will keep coming back anyway. After you killed 2 of

the insects, focus all of your attacks on the boss !! Jansen's Aqua/Flare magic

works well in this battle. If the boss attacks you with Para-Flare, be sure to

heal the party after.

~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=~-=

After you defeat the boss, you'll have to fight it again for the 2nd round.

It's basically the same boss, except this time the boss comes with a full

gauge, so be sure to heal after its Para-Flare attacks. The rest is the same as

the first one, keep attacking with Jansen's Flare/Aqua magic, and heal when

needed.

Like i mentioned before, you don

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Baldur's Gate 1 in Tutu.

Never played it before. It's alright, but I'm starting to get sick of it. I'm in the middle of doing the expansion content right now I think I might just let Dulrag and his tower Sit on It and just finish the game

Icewind Dale... it's been a long time. Currently exploring Kresselacks tomb :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Baldur's Gate 1 in Tutu.

Never played it before. It's alright, but I'm starting to get sick of it. I'm in the middle of doing the expansion content right now I think I might just let Dulrag and his tower Sit on It and just finish the game

What other mods have you installed?

I would recommend Sword Coast Strategems and the Banter Pack if you haven't already done so.

The former makes combat challenging, but not cheap. It might get tough if you install the option of letting mages use BG2 spells like Stoneskin, but its not impossible. You just have to use some good strategy yourself. Banter pack adds in NPC talks like BG2. Some are pretty entertaining and well written.

I probably couldn't play vanilla BG without at least those two mods.

I just finished clearing out the six bases near Elysion in Last Remnant. Out of the six boss fights, only two of them really gave me any trouble. The 5th boss managed to defeat me, but I came back and beat him the second time after I changed my tactics to eliminate the most dangerous enemy unions on the first turn. Having and enemy that is capable of healing itself is a huge pain in the ass. I've got 1/4th of your HP and now you can do everything I can do? Screw you!

The 6th boss was even worse. Iron Will is seriously overpowered. I only beat him through sheer luck. Ran out of revive herbs before the end of that fight so I had to do the next one without the ability to cheaply and easily revive. I had one character that had Kiss of Life, but that takes 3-4 turns to gather up enough AP in order to use it. That combined with really painful AoE attacks made for one tense battle. Note to self: Don't try to do 6 boss fights in a row without returning to town to replenish stock of revive herbs. :shifty:

Still going through IWD2 pretty slowly. Really feeling like there isn't a good game to excite me at the moment, since MOW is hung up by DRM, AP/DA is a while away and... well ETW will probably take longer than those 2 to be fixed.

Forgot just how tough those dwarf thrall fighters can be when you fight the illithid guarding the twin gates to the illithid citadel. They take a while to go down and keep hitting you for huge chunks of damage. Pretty good will save as well from what I remember. After a couple of reloads took down the illithid and the mages quickly, holed up in a corner and used a lot of flame strikes.

Now about to do the Chult Dragon, which would be a great fight if it didn't lag every single time.

I've been entertaining myself with Need for Speed ProStreet. The big surprise is that it's better than I expected, and certainly better than what the reviews have been saying. The tuning options are great and it's one of the game's most entertaining aspects. You know, tuning that drag car in order to shave off another 0.5 sec. on your 1/4 mile time, tweaking the handling on your drift car to make it loose and easy to slide... that sort of stuff. The big problem with the game is that track configurations are kind of hit and miss, and the driving can be a bit weird on twisty tracks. On the other hand, the sensation you get from driving at 300 km/h is just fantastic, and the cars usually have really brutal acceleration, which I like. Seems like the game needed some extra playtesting. Regardless, it's the most evolutionary NFS game in a long while. It's sad that EA didn't decide to build on ProStreet, and went back to making NFS Most Wanted clones.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes