What are you playing now?

Gorth

JE was good until they run out of ideas and time and started to put in filler and recycle KOTOR. Then they said, "hey, we should do that to start with!", and made ME.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 also "recycled KOTOR" - Humm.... I guess they had plan for it way back then. Anyways, Jade Empire, and practically every Bioware game, handles the plot better than KotOR did (not to say that KotOR is a bad game). :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Jade Empire is horribly underrated. I wish it had recieved the popularity (and sales) Mass Effect did because it's a much better RPG.

I was under the impression that Jade Empire actually sold pretty well.

According to Chris Priestly, BioWare community manager, Jade Empire sold 'quite well.'

The thing is, I've never seen sales figures for it. I've seen figures for KotOR, NWN, and Mass Effect, but none for Jade Empire. I think if it had sold as much as those other series, they'd make the figures public knowledge.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

JE was good until they run out of ideas and time and started to put in filler and recycle KOTOR. Then they said, "hey, we should do that to start with!", and made ME.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 also "recycled KOTOR" - Humm.... I guess they had plan for it way back then. Anyways, Jade Empire, and practically every Bioware game, handles the plot better than KotOR did (not to say that KotOR is a bad game). >_<

Well, I haven't played the BG games, what exactly did KOTOR recycle?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Just bought The Last Remnant and had been playing.

Cheesy typical Japanese RPG storyline with eye rolling republic villains and brash hero with sister complex. GEEZ.

However, all I can say is that the battle system of the game itself saved the entire game for me.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 also "recycled KOTOR" - Humm.... I guess they had plan for it way back then. Anyways, Jade Empire, and practically every Bioware game, handles the plot better than KotOR did (not to say that KotOR is a bad game). >_<

Do yourself a favor and play at least BG2. :)

Just bought The Last Remnant and had been playing.

Cheesy typical Japanese RPG storyline with eye rolling republic villains and brash hero with sister complex. GEEZ.

However, all I can say is that the battle system of the game itself saved the entire game for me.

Perhaps you're liking it now, but trust be it gets on your nerve once you stumble from 30min battles into the other. It's worse than grinding.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 also "recycled KOTOR" - Humm.... I guess they had plan for it way back then. Anyways, Jade Empire, and practically every Bioware game, handles the plot better than KotOR did (not to say that KotOR is a bad game). :p

Lame attempt at romances.

Now playing evil in Fallout 3.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Still playing Last Remnant...

It's been quite a while since a played a game that even spans through different eras. Maybe i have stumbled upon something.....dare i say epic?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've thought about it.

Is there enough of a difference to the way things play out to bother?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"The thing is, I've never seen sales figures for it. I've seen figures for KotOR, NWN, and Mass Effect, but none for Jade Empire. I think if it had sold as much as those other series, they'd make the figures public knowledge."

Then youa ren't looking. Sales figures have been shared, and while it's not as high as the other games, it's nothing to be ashamed about.

"Bioware is just ashamed because they couldn't hit the magical 1 million mark, that's why."

Proof?

JE sold 600k+ copies in the first 6 months of the xbox version alone. I have no doubt that combine that with future sales including the PC version it easily hit the 1mil mark.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've thought about it.

Is there enough of a difference to the way things play out to bother?

You get to listen to Three Dog trash talk about you. Some of your dialogs on good characters may fail because your Charisma percent to persuade them is lower. Evil characters like the slavers in Paradise Falls show you more respect.

That negative karma builds up quickly when you steal and feed on human flesh. No need to kill innocent people.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I decided to check out Dungeons and dRagons Online for a spell. I was a bit put off at first, but it grew on me, so I figured I'd give it a full month.

I have a free-trail for that I've never used, maybe I should break it out for a week or two, however long it lasts, and run with you for a bit.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

UPDATE

360:

Now: Halo 2

So far Halo 2 is prooving to actually be a good and solid console FPS. It's far more enjoyable than Halo: Combat Evolved, visually is not bad, little over zealous on the normal mapping but otherwise pleasing. The colour palette seems alot less harsh and the overall art direction is certainly better. The gameplay feels slicker too, considering I've come into Halo 2 straight from Halo: Combat Evolved, I expected it to be more of the same and extremely stale. I'm being pleasantly surprised.

Next: Halo 3

Previous: Halo: Combat Evolved

I still don't understand why Halo was popular, level asset recycling is done to death, the level design is cookie cutter copy and paste, the art direction is poor.

I don't see any reason why anyone would want to play Halo. It's a pretty horrible game. The story is average, and its certainly not delivered in an engaging manner.

Verdict: 4/10

Now: GTA IV.

I've been playing GTA IV since release, in short bursts. It's been one of those long, exuasting experiences which I have very little respect for, the gameplay is fairly fun, but hasn't really evolved very far since GTA III, and the story has not been worthy of mention. I do believe that the whole spree kill factor keeps the game interesting.

Next: Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Previous: Black

All in all I don't feel that Black was a bad experience, as an Audio and Visual experience it was top notch perhaps even the best experience of the last generation consoles, sadly the gameplay was certainly lacking, feeling like it was only a few steps removed from Doom. I certainly say it's worth playing if you like FPS's on consoles, it looks as good as a first generation X360 game. The story was forgetable, some strange live action pants which should have just been avoided entirely. It also wasn't skippable! very annoying. The level design and asset quality was well in excess of Halo, (which I would have expected Black being released in 2006).

Verdict: 6/10

Now: Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Tactical shooter, not alot to say about it really. I do believe it's extremely challenging.

Next: Gears of War, on Hardcore.

Now: Endwar.

I mostly play this online, I've not actually completed the games compaign

Next: Nothing, I only play this occasionally online for an hour or two at a time.

Wii:

(GameCube)

Now: Resident Evil Zero.

I've been playing this for months, I mean that, I have found it to be a game that drags on, alot... It's not bad, mostly I have found it to be dull. I'm waiting for that final push, I just haven't managed to build up the motivation. Still haven't managed to motivate myself.

Next: Resident Evil.

(Virtual Console: NES)

Now: The Legend of Zelda

I've had this sitting around for ages on my Wii, I kinda fooled around with it for 10 minutes, and kinda smiled alot thinking it was a cute game but never bothered to play it properly. Until today when I just sat down and spent some time playing it properly, I've decided to continue playing it and see how it goes.

Next: Zelda II

(Wii)

Now: MadWorld

I've only played this for a short period of time since I picked up a copy, seems kinda novel and humourious so far... Not much to say at the moment.

Next: Geometry Wars: Galaxies

PC:

Now: Hellgate: London

I play this at lunch because it allows me to jump in and do a quick quest and not really care about anything other than slaying a bunch of monsters. (Work PC)

Next: Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

Now: Fallout

I've not been playing this aggressively but after playing through FO3 I decided to go back and play FO... I'm enjoying it! And I'm enjoying the more casual pace that I am playing it at. (Laptop at home)

Next: Neverwinter Nights OC.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I decided to check out Dungeons and dRagons Online for a spell. I was a bit put off at first, but it grew on me, so I figured I'd give it a full month.

I have a free-trail for that I've never used, maybe I should break it out for a week or two, however long it lasts, and run with you for a bit.

That'd be cool, it really is a game that almost requires a group. It'd be like playing pen and paper D&D with a DM and one player. There is solo content, but you can definitely see where a different class here and there could make it a better experience.

I'm on the Argonessen server, right now my main character is a level 2 cleric named Lastly.

...but I find for some reason I can't get into old games when I've tried.

Lulz. No wonder you think KotOR is so good. :(

I also think Invisible War is one of the best games I ever played. I guess I'm just not part of the RPG elite.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

...but I find for some reason I can't get into old games when I've tried.

Lulz. No wonder you think KotOR is so good. :(

I also think Invisible War is one of the best games I ever played. I guess I'm just not part of the RPG elite.

no... you just like things simple

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Not really, but it depends on what you mean by simple.

Well, Kotor and carth were very simple and shallow... Deus Ex:IW's mechanics were quite shallow (and the plot was about knee deep).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Have you ever played Deus Ex 1? Or System Shock 1 and 2? Or Terra Nova? Or Thief 1 and 2?

Thinking Invisible War is a "best" game is totally cool, if you haven't played other similar games.

It's like people who think Bioshock is awesome, but have never played System Shock 2.

Now if you have plyaed Deus Ex and yet think Invisible war is a superior game then I go: :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

UPDATE

360:

Now: Halo 2

So far Halo 2 is prooving to actually be a good and solid console FPS. It's far more enjoyable than Halo: Combat Evolved, visually is not bad, little over zealous on the normal mapping but otherwise pleasing. The colour palette seems alot less harsh and the overall art direction is certainly better. The gameplay feels slicker too, considering I've come into Halo 2 straight from Halo: Combat Evolved, I expected it to be more of the same and extremely stale. I'm being pleasantly surprised.

Next: Halo 3

Previous: Halo: Combat Evolved

I still don't understand why Halo was popular, level asset recycling is done to death, the level design is cookie cutter copy and paste, the art direction is poor.

I don't see any reason why anyone would want to play Halo. It's a pretty horrible game. The story is average, and its certainly not delivered in an engaging manner.

Verdict: 4/10

Now: GTA IV.

I've been playing GTA IV since release, in short bursts. It's been one of those long, exuasting experiences which I have very little respect for, the gameplay is fairly fun, but hasn't really evolved very far since GTA III, and the story has not been worthy of mention. I do believe that the whole spree kill factor keeps the game interesting.

Next: Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Previous: Black

All in all I don't feel that Black was a bad experience, as an Audio and Visual experience it was top notch perhaps even the best experience of the last generation consoles, sadly the gameplay was certainly lacking, feeling like it was only a few steps removed from Doom. I certainly say it's worth playing if you like FPS's on consoles, it looks as good as a first generation X360 game. The story was forgetable, some strange live action pants which should have just been avoided entirely. It also wasn't skippable! very annoying. The level design and asset quality was well in excess of Halo, (which I would have expected Black being released in 2006).

Verdict: 6/10

Now: Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Tactical shooter, not alot to say about it really. I do believe it's extremely challenging.

Next: Gears of War, on Hardcore.

Now: Endwar.

I mostly play this online, I've not actually completed the games compaign

Next: Nothing, I only play this occasionally online for an hour or two at a time.

Wii:

(GameCube)

Now: Resident Evil Zero.

I've been playing this for months, I mean that, I have found it to be a game that drags on, alot... It's not bad, mostly I have found it to be dull. I'm waiting for that final push, I just haven't managed to build up the motivation. Still haven't managed to motivate myself.

Next: Resident Evil.

(Virtual Console: NES)

Now: The Legend of Zelda

I've had this sitting around for ages on my Wii, I kinda fooled around with it for 10 minutes, and kinda smiled alot thinking it was a cute game but never bothered to play it properly. Until today when I just sat down and spent some time playing it properly, I've decided to continue playing it and see how it goes.

Next: Zelda II

(Wii)

Now: MadWorld

I've only played this for a short period of time since I picked up a copy, seems kinda novel and humourious so far... Not much to say at the moment.

Next: Geometry Wars: Galaxies

PC:

Now: Hellgate: London

I play this at lunch because it allows me to jump in and do a quick quest and not really care about anything other than slaying a bunch of monsters. (Work PC)

Next: Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

Now: Bioshock

I don't get what the fuss was about this game when it was released... That said, I don't think it's bad. (Desktop at home, I just fixed it)

Next: The Witcher.

Now: Fallout

I've not been playing this aggressively but after playing through FO3 I decided to go back and play FO... I'm enjoying it! And I'm enjoying the more casual pace that I am playing it at. (Laptop at home)

Next: Neverwinter Nights OC.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!