What you did today

Gorth

i'm off to see Watchmen after work tonight :sorcerer:

It looks like I'll be seeing it tonight as well. Or at lest I'm going to try to.

Anyways, I started a Vampire: The Masquerade Pen-and-Paper game today. I'm playing a Malkavian and a Nagaraja. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

i'm off to see Watchmen after work tonight :sorcerer:

It looks like I'll be seeing it tonight as well. Or at lest I'm going to try to.

Anyways, I started a Vampire: The Masquerade Pen-and-Paper game today. I'm playing a Malkavian and a Nagaraja. :lol:

and the badger!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i'm off to see Watchmen after work tonight :)

Jerks. There aren't any midnight showings here. Just 3, 7 and 10pm tomorrow. :)

i'm off to see Watchmen after work tonight :)

Anyways, I started a Vampire: The Masquerade Pen-and-Paper game today. I'm playing a Malkavian and a Nagaraja. :)

and the badger!

Yes, and a badger. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I ****ing hate girls. I'm going to be venting for days.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Watchmen was awesome. Great film. :)

agreed wholeheartedly

and i didn't go to any midnight showing - it's already been out for a few days over here

My older brother's fiance's son is a promising young filmmaker who's won quite a few film festival awards for one of his short films. Maybe one day he'll be famous and rubbing noses with bigshot Hollywood directors. :)

http://www.rosethemovie.com/

The trailer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My older brother's fiance's son is a promising young filmmaker who's won quite a few film festival awards for one of his short films. Maybe one day he'll be famous and rubbing noses with bigshot Hollywood directors. ;)

http://www.rosethemovie.com/

The trailer:

He should get together with my Cousin on my moms side.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got my i7. Debating how urgently I need to put it in (as in drop everything now, or just wait til tomorrow :)).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I've been watching ESPN all day. All day. I don't want to. I don't even like basketball. But I cant find the remote. Oh goodie! Sportscenter is coming on...again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been watching ESPN all day. All day. I don't want to. I don't even like basketball. But I cant find the remote. Oh goodie! Sportscenter is coming on...again.

too lazy to move? :lol:

Nah my legs in a cast and getting up is this whole big production and.... actually you're right. But it's ok now anyway, a baseball game came on. Puerto Rico vs Panama. Looks like my next three hours are booked solid!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm laughing my buttocks off at a Danish TV stations pathetic attempt to mimick the Oscar ceremony.. they've invited some English and American artists to present the awards - why would they even bother coming to a Danish award ceremony?

Oh the agony of a small country thinking it can be big.. :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

I've been doing a lot of waiting today. Waiting for my girlfriend to get out of bed, waiting in line to check out of the hotel, now waiting for our tour bus to take us to the airport. After that its a nice three hour wait in the Mexican airport before our flight leaves. I'm sensing a theme here...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have so much crap to do for school it's ridiculous yet all I've done today is watch my tv shows and currently a movie and in about half an hour UFC. Oh the joys of being young. Tomorrow though I won't have anything to watch so I'll be able to get everything done. Just as planned. Mwhahaha.

Also my thumb is doing great. Ya'll are a bunch of little virginias. Nothing a little nyquil and hand lotion couldn't fix. Sometimes you just have to caveman your way through life.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

had combined birthday drinks for a couple of friends last night

so many birthdays lately :lol:

there was drinking and merriment and silly songs and dancing

all in all a good night :)

had combined birthday drinks for a couple of friends last night

so many birthdays lately :lol:

there was drinking and merriment and silly songs and dancing

all in all a good night :)

I turn 21 soon. I doubt I will even drink and if I had my way wouldn't even really recognize it besides getting sushi or something with a friend but my brother has some grandiose dreams which somehow involve him and his friends being there and everyone getting drunk. It is during summer so I could definitely get away with anything since I will have no commitments then but drinking doesn't interest me. However I wouldn't mind riding the white dragon and getting serviced by a professional whore. I have the money, I have the time, I'm working on the lack of morals. God bless America. Feels good man. Feels good.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Heh. I just got back from a birthday party for my wife's cousin's son. (He's 6. We bought him some matchbox cars.) Sadly, I was the designated driver tonight-- my wife's cousin (and her husband, a nephrologist originally from Nicaragua) throws a nice party, with lots of interesting wines and whiskeys to sample. (For the adults, not the 6-year-olds.)

And my own birthday (my, ulp, 30th) is on this coming Friday. I'm feeling pretty laid back about the first digit on the ol' odometer turning over, though. Getting hitched and buying a house last year already pretty much drove home the point that I'm not a kid anymore.

i played in the regional singles tournament today (8-ball) for the APA. i did well, made it to the semi-finals and got knocked out on the hill (which means i needed one game to win the match) after being there all freaking day. towards the end i simply got tired and started making mistakes (i lost to a friend that i usually beat up on badly).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Since I'm not shell-shocked about it anymore, I can speak about last week; I almost died on wednesday. I saw the white light in the tunnel and everything. My friends call that a near-death experience. I'm a diabetic and it was severe hypoglycemia with bloodsugar < 20. I'm better now but I will watch myself more closely from now on.

Since I'm not shell-shocked about it anymore, I can speak about last week; I almost died on wednesday. I saw the white light in the tunnel and everything. My friends call that a near-death experience. I'm a diabetic and it was severe hypoglycemia with bloodsugar < 20. I'm better now but I will watch myself more closely from now on.

:o

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

****ing hell! I have a god-daughter who's diabetic, so it's scary to hear it can just happen like that. What happened? And does it have anything to do with the tranny thread? :o

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it probably would not have killed you, at least not immediately. i've asked the medical profession, which includes the EMT folk that i have now called twice to revive my wife (type 1, since she was 12), and they all agree that yes, it can cause death but would be a loooong slow death (nobody really knows, probably depends upon many contributing factors). your body can still convert fat to energy somehow to keep essential life going, which is probably why it's not insta-death.

oh, michele's blood sugar was in the single digits the first time i called to revive her. she had gotten up expecting me to cook breakfast (we were only dating at the time, so this wasn't uncommon). she gave her shot in expectation of a large breakfast, i stayed in bed for an hour or so (didn't know she was up), she dozed, the EMTs were called to action. scary is an understatement. the diabetic coma results in some very strange behavior, almost child-like (they aren't always completely shut down).

best solution, btw: the pump. she hasn't had a low sugar episode since going on the pump. almost 6 years now. my son also has the gene, and he is in the DAISY study, which is trying to figure out what kick starts the auto-immune response that kills the islet cells in the pancreas. even with the gene, it's apparently a less than 5% chance of becoming diabetic.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.