What you did today

Gorth

hrm... I just checked my email and found that there was an "invoice" by the United Postal Service stating my package couldn't be delivered.... I never had any such package and the "invoice" they sent me was a .exe... Can you say scam?

oohh looks like it'd be pretty bad if I got caught in it too

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ups-malware.shtml

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

yah she came over to get measurements for the skirt she's making me

No girlfriends, no wives, man. You need to put the kaibosh on this proper.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

much to my dismay, i was forced to do that sunday. i was in aspen for the weekend. what a fun time. expensive, but worth every penny. my legs still hurt from skiing ajax, too. steep stuff.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I was in Texas mostly. Believe me, I was more dismayed at my flight getting cancelled last night than coming home this morning. I was gone for a week or so, then back for two days, then gone for almost a week, now I'm back for four days, then I'm off for a a little over a week again. This time, the wife is coming with me, so I'm happy.

job related?

i did a lot of travel for various jobs over the years, though it has been extremely intermittent, i.e., i'll travel every other week for a few months then nothing for a couple years. i'm actually carrying on an email conversation with one of the guys i used to travel with (he's the marketing part of business development and i was the technical half of the equation) back in the day.

hehe, the company he and i worked for, well... there might be a story about to happen with that. :(

taks

get rained on, started sleeping less now... and I need to start eating more. I usually only have like a sandwich for an entire day.

Well... that's a long and boring story. I had a variety of things to do in the first place for a couple of different people. Nevada had two things going. One was for a public service in the city and the other was doing a film short. The Texas trip was to help relocate someone from Northern California to Austin. The third trip to Virginia is actually a vacation. I spend a LOT of time on the road for a variety of reasons. Most of them would bore you to tears, I promise! lol

Well... that's a long and boring story. I had a variety of things to do in the first place for a couple of different people. Nevada had two things going. One was for a public service in the city and the other was doing a film short. The Texas trip was to help relocate someone from Northern California to Austin. The third trip to Virginia is actually a vacation. I spend a LOT of time on the road for a variety of reasons. Most of them would bore you to tears, I promise! lol

Let me guess it was a psa about water conservation even though those scum bag **** ******* ***** **** ****** mfer's thought it was a great idea to expand housing unabated for the last decade even though estimates have been around the entire time stressing exponential Lake Mead depletion. God I wish we lived in an alternate reality where we could break someones knee caps and then specific to our region throw them into an arroyo and let them die from heat exhaustion or the odd flash flood. I'm angry.

I just ate like 2 and a half pounds of chicken wings. My vision is blurry, my brow is sweaty and I'm experiencing a very strange feeling throughout my body. Now I have to do various homeworks and tomorrow I'm going to start on two projects and a few other homeworks and over the weekend probably finish them up and I'm going to be quite the work horse and I most likely still won't be very far ahead of the curve. If only I wasn't employed which btw is some how sucking more and more as of late but at least the volume of calls has significantly dropped to like only 2 or 3 a day so I don't have to worry about that crap but now all I do is essentially busy work but then again that's kind of all I've ever done. Now everything is just time consuming and spiritually, physically, emotionally, psychologically, and metaphysically draining.

Also wow I almost forgot I was walking out of accounting today and pass by to hear these two girls and one was like omg its going to be epic fail so epic fail and then I was angry. Like seriously it pisses me off becuase number 1 they probably haven't even been to 4chan before and they probably heard it from one of their stupid pseudo intellectual dbag half an f friends who probably hasn't been to 4chan before either and heard it browsing the internet and thought it was cool and unique but really it's already old and trite and I wish someone would bludgeon them in the face with a rock like they do in the middle east or they have been to 4chan which is even worse because I remember a time when 4chan was actually worth half a damn and was funny and cool and this was like 3 years ago before it was populated by everyone who thinks they are hip and edgy and I wish even greater harm on them because they are despicable people who support this guy faux mask protest crap and unfortunately one of my friends went to one but still I wish those streets would have been napalmed becuase its just so much retardom and I'm really angry by people who are so incredibly oblivious to how much of a retard they are becuase they think they are cool and original except it's been around for about like 10 years internet time and it's like please die in a car fire thank you very much you should never confuse the internet with real life and once you start using internet talk in reality you've crossed the line and you deserve cosmic retribution.

This has been a psa by the slug.

God bless and please never, ever, ever utter something you've heard on the internet. This is why we can't have nice things.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Slug's life so much more interesting than mine.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Slug's life so much more interesting than mine.

Trust me it's not. In fact I'd consider myself a dullard.

Now someone like shryke, he's got an interesting life. Living it on the edge. I'm just not cut out to say f u to statistics and blissfully nail hot chicks expecting my johnson to not rot off. Actually I'd love to do that I'm just incapable becuase I'm a loser.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Also wow I almost forgot I was walking out of accounting today and pass by to hear these two girls and one was like omg its going to be epic fail so epic fail and then I was angry. Like seriously it pisses me off becuase number 1 they probably haven't even been to 4chan before and they probably heard it from one of their stupid pseudo intellectual dbag half an f friends who probably hasn't been to 4chan before either and heard it browsing the internet and thought it was cool and unique but really it's already old and trite and I wish someone would bludgeon them in the face with a rock like they do in the middle east or they have been to 4chan which is even worse because I remember a time when 4chan was actually worth half a damn and was funny and cool and this was like 3 years ago before it was populated by everyone who thinks they are hip and edgy and I wish even greater harm on them because they are despicable people who support this guy faux mask protest crap and unfortunately one of my friends went to one but still I wish those streets would have been napalmed becuase its just so much retardom and I'm really angry by people who are so incredibly oblivious to how much of a retard they are becuase they think they are cool and original except it's been around for about like 10 years internet time and it's like please die in a car fire thank you very much you should never confuse the internet with real life and once you start using internet talk in reality you've crossed the line and you deserve cosmic retribution.

*Walsingham reads above. Twice.*

My vision is blurry, my brow is sweaty and I'm experiencing a very strange feeling throughout my body.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So, is inhaling rock salt bad for you?

The powers that be running the space for busses around the DC Metro station in Bethesda have created a rather odd environment. As one comes up the escalator from the subway, to the left is a loop off of the road with stops, that accommodates 7 or 8 busses at a time, so that subway travelers may easily transfer to bus transportation. This area has a rather low roof over it, though, because it is directly under a plaza adjoining two high-rise buildings (one office, one hotel). It is open on boths ends to accomodate ventilation of all the bus exhaust, but when there isn't much wind, fumes do tend to build up.

The area got 4-5 inches of snow on Monday, and it has been below freezing ever since, so they have salted the area heavily to prevent accidents. But the combination of lots of rock salt granules, limited ventilation, dry air with little wind, and lots of bus traffic coming in and out has created an interesting effect-- clouds of rock salt dust. Yesterday, on my way home, I walked up the subway escalator. It's a very long escalator (walking it while it is in operation, I have counted 90+ steps), so I was breathing a bit heavily when I reached the top. I quickly noticed that, whenever I inhaled through my mouth, I instantly detected a salty taste on my tongue. That's when I noticed the white fog that encircled the bus area. Is this some kind of environmental hazard?

couldn't sleep tonight... probably because I've started depending on a medication to knock me out like a brick. Hrm... gotta break that.

couldn't sleep tonight... probably because I've started depending on a medication to knock me out like a brick. Hrm... gotta break that.

There is a simple solution for that. Go outside and run for twenty miles, then imediate drink some warm milk.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

So, is inhaling rock salt bad for you?

The powers that be running the space for busses around the DC Metro station in Bethesda have created a rather odd environment. As one comes up the escalator from the subway, to the left is a loop off of the road with stops, that accommodates 7 or 8 busses at a time, so that subway travelers may easily transfer to bus transportation. This area has a rather low roof over it, though, because it is directly under a plaza adjoining two high-rise buildings (one office, one hotel). It is open on boths ends to accomodate ventilation of all the bus exhaust, but when there isn't much wind, fumes do tend to build up.

The area got 4-5 inches of snow on Monday, and it has been below freezing ever since, so they have salted the area heavily to prevent accidents. But the combination of lots of rock salt granules, limited ventilation, dry air with little wind, and lots of bus traffic coming in and out has created an interesting effect-- clouds of rock salt dust. Yesterday, on my way home, I walked up the subway escalator. It's a very long escalator (walking it while it is in operation, I have counted 90+ steps), so I was breathing a bit heavily when I reached the top. I quickly noticed that, whenever I inhaled through my mouth, I instantly detected a salty taste on my tongue. That's when I noticed the white fog that encircled the bus area. Is this some kind of environmental hazard?

By God, and George Washington it's your patriotic duty to sue immediately! I'm sure you could find some ambulance chaser who'll chart you up.

-Elwood Blues

By God, and George Washington it's your patriotic duty to sue immediately! I'm sure you could find some ambulance chaser who'll chart you up.

And here I went and moved out of the state where I hold my license. I mean, I could always go pro se, but thousands of people go through that station daily-- this is looking like a class action opportunity!

i doubt salt-air is dangerous. if so, then the millions that live on the coast would potentially be in dire straits. you could taste the salt in the air at night on the coast in florida, as i recall. parking near the beach during rough waters always meant a layer of salt had to be scoured from your windshield before driving. often it was too thick to remove via windshield wipers alone.

taks

i doubt salt-air is dangerous. if so, then the millions that live on the coast would potentially be in dire straits. you could taste the salt in the air at night on the coast in florida, as i recall. parking near the beach during rough waters always meant a layer of salt had to be scoured from your windshield before driving. often it was too thick to remove via windshield wipers alone.

taks

Yeah, my post probably came off more serious than intended. Mostly, I just wanted to relate my surprise and amusement at the salt fog. I grew up in a coastal area, and I've certainly swallowed and even inhaled enough seawater over the years to know that it's probably not fatal (and that was on the beaches of New Jersey!).

I was thinking of asking my boss for hazard pay becuase when they delegate me to shredding duties there's a cloud of particlerized paper dust and I shouldn't be subjected to that kind of danger unless I'm being paid at least another 3 dollars an hour. Then it's fine.

Edit: Btw I think I have an infection in my thumb becuase I bite my finger nails and inevitably there's bleeding but this is like all swollen and red and like I know you're supposed to seek medical attention and it's like well I have a fever which could mean I'm dying but I have a fever like every day so yeah I think I may have to take some nyquil (becuase it's delicious) to take the edge off.

Edited by theslug

Yeah, my post probably came off more serious than intended.

well, it's an internet thing... difficult to tell intent. mine was not taking you as seriously as you thought, which isn't obvious from a literal reading of what i wrote, hehe. i actually got your humor, particularly after you went down the class-action path (you don't come across as an ambulance chaser). OMG!!!! IM DYN!!!! SUE!!! :)

I grew up in a coastal area, and I've certainly swallowed and even inhaled enough seawater over the years to know that it's probably not fatal (and that was on the beaches of New Jersey!).

jersey? you might want to reconsider that... :(

taks

Edited by taks

Now someone like shryke, he's got an interesting life. Living it on the edge. I'm just not cut out to say f u to statistics and blissfully nail hot chicks expecting my johnson to not rot off. Actually I'd love to do that I'm just incapable becuase I'm a loser.

it's not at all like that :huh:

i'm in a bit of a confusing spot at the moment

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!