Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

Marley & Me. Watched it because it was a dog movie...and I love dogs...but now I regret it, because it has effectively shown what will happen to my dog in the near-future, o:)

He'll get top billing over two Hollywood middle-weights everyone with half a brain is tired of hearing from?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I believe you've confused this thread with another Wals. o:)

I too have done the same. :'(

Btw did you strike her? Someone should have.

You're right. I was confused. I did not strike her, although I fear that unless I can have her fired for stupidity then I may have to. I'm just pigging sick of putting up with her racism.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Transformers. Looking forward to Transformers 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Death Race - Cheesy, but I like watching Jason Statham drive. It was average, but could have been much worse.

Bangkok Dangerous - Another average film. The original ending was horrible, but I watched the alternate ending and thought it was a lot better. Sure, it was the more happy hollywood ending, but if I'm going to watch a mediocre movie, I deserve something positive in the end.

I watched all six Star Wars movies yesterday. It took a long time.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

re-watched han**** the other night for the benefit of the wife. much better sober, at least, much easier to understand. still lacking in the overall exposition of what was really going on, but enjoyable nonetheless. if they had toned down smith's character's vulgarity (as well as a few kids') in the beginning i wouldn't have minded. it was excessive. not that i mind vulgarity in general, as i can have a sailor's tongue as well, but it was unnecessary, particularly coming from the kids.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Han**** was a good movie, but the inner geek wanted me to expand on the setting. They went for a fun action-adventure when it had the trappings of a new Superman. But I can see why they wanted to avoid making it too serious of a flick.

yes, that's what i was getting at. some of the backstory needed to be explained. it wasn't a really long flick so an extra 15 minutes with some flashbacks or something would have been beneficial. instead, we get them walking around with han**** asking questions about historical leaders. uninspiring. maybe if there's a second one we'll get more of the story. it did well in the theaters.

taks

OK, han**** 2 is being developed according to will smith, but not as far along as the second i am legend. his implication was that they are developing a complete world, which is really what was needed in the first, IMO. the interview is the last link at the wiki page. $625 million, btw. much bigger than i had thought.

taks

I am Legend 2? How is he in it what with dying at the end of the first? I cant remember, do you rise as one of them if they bite you or something?

There were a lot of flashbacks in the original. Also, they might be showing how he managed to survive so long.

You do become one of them, but he seemed like he was pretty brutally torn apart by a grenade. I can't remember exactly, was covering my eyes and screaming like a girl.

There were a lot of flashbacks in the original. Also, they might be showing how he managed to survive so long.

You do become one of them, but he seemed like he was pretty brutally torn apart by a grenade. I can't remember exactly, was covering my eyes and screaming like a girl.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the grenade. You're probably right about it being a prequal.

Not a movie I've watched recently, but the Alien box set is available here for 13

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Live and Let Die. Lord, Roger Moore is such a cheesy Bond. He's too suave. His smirky, tongue in cheek rendition of 007 drives me crazy. However, he really was a great Saint, so I don't hold it against him.

We also saw Goldeneye recently. I think Pierce Brosnan is my second favorite Bond after Sean Connery. Daniel Craig isn't all that bad. He's the opposite of Roger Moore. Too rough. His brutal, brooding rendition of Bond doesn't jibe with me, although it's probably fairly close to the books. For some reason, I can take a brooding, dark Bond better than a smirking dandy.

Slumdog Millionaire. Best movie of the year. Go see it.

<I did something stupid...>

Aaarrrggg there pirate... :)

Edited by Gorth
Edited the quoted material

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I think Pierce Brosnan is my second favorite Bond after Sean Connery.

Seen Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999), or Die Another Day (2002)? If not see them and get back to me how good a bond Brosnan was. If you have seen them and still feel that way, I will just have to disagree.

Slumdog Millionaire. Best movie of the year. Go see it.

<I did something stupid...>

Aaarrrggg there pirate... :thumbsup:

Good thing you're here to keep the forum safe from piracy, DN. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Step Brothers

Overall I quite enjoyed the film. It was funny, a little over the top but it was a competent comedy. For a while there I really started to dislike Ferrel becuase he was in about 10 movies a year but I stayed away and I'm glad I did becuase it would have really hampered how well I received his work. I do have to mention that Ferrel's brother's wife in the movie was a horrible character. It was so overacted and just forced ridiculousness and it made any scene with her in it just annoying. It could have been much more subtle instead of trying to beat you about the head with it. There was something else I didn't like but I can't remember what it was. Either way decent flick but nothing I'd rave to see again.

8.7 out of 10

btw i'm on your side kor

row row fight the power

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.