Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

28 weeks later?

I was actually talking about the up-coming sequel to that, 28 Months Later if I remember correctly. But, yeah, 28 Weeks had a very different feel - although it was a good film. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A-Team movie casting call: http://movies.ign.com/articles/949/949178p1.html

Those are really lousy picks. I'd go for:

Hannibal: Mel Gibson

BA: Ice Cube

Face: Aaron Eckhart

Murdoch: Brad Pitt

Not sure I like those picks, but Brad Pitt for Murdoch is pretty inspired casting. I never would have thought of him but playing wacky crazy characters is really the only thing he's good at.

I like IGN's picks for Face and Murdoch, but Dwayne Johnson as BA? No. And while I like Gerry B, not as Hannibal.

Then again I can't think of my own picks.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Timecop 2: Fun movie but the time traveling aspect was a mess even as far as time traveling stories go.

Princess Bride: Good 'ol fashion cheesy fantasy fun with often subpar acting made up by 'heart'.

Loser: Good movie held up by solid acting despite a pretty formulac story.

The Ringer: If you are all about PCness you will absolutely hate this movie starring Johnny Knoxville who I thought did a pretty good job in this low brow humourous movie. I'm evil, and immoral to like this movie but that's cool.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

sex and death 101.

very strange, albeit funny movie. in fact, there were a few scenes that had me laughing loudly at 5:00 this a.m. a guy gets an email that lists 101 women he is going to bed. winona ryder plays a serial killer that also got some sort of strange email prediction. their paths are destined to cross. can't say more w/out spoiling, but the lead up to the ending (last 20 minutes) is pretty funny.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

28 weeks later?

I was actually talking about the up-coming sequel to that, 28 Months Later if I remember correctly. But, yeah, 28 Weeks had a very different feel - although it was a good film. :)

i put up my 2 cents on 28-weeks later in an early post expressing my displeasure with several aspects of the second one. in particular, people are simply too stupid to live (and don't) in the second, which always aggravates me - particularly when the opponents are mindless zombies. i didn't know about a third installment. hopefully it does a better job than the second (i did like the first, and enjoyed, but got aggravated by, the second).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Taken. Really good, in a no-surprise-int-the-entire-movie way. He gets pissed off,

shoots a bunch of stuff

, and the movie ends.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I watched Hitman the other night. Now, I have to admit I went into the movie with extremely low expectations. Right off the bat, I thought that the guy who played 47 (Elaphant or whatever the actor's name is) was just too dark. The skin was not pale, what hair we could see was brown, and the eyes are dark. In addition, it seemed like your typical shootemup without much else going for it other than the game setting. And the fact that it's a movie based on a computer game sets it up to stink to high heaven.

I was surprised. I don't think it's going to win any awards, but Olyphant and his female counterpart turned in surprisingly good performances. The guy who plays Desmond on LOST is a character in the movie, which was a cool surprise. (I don't know if he's actually Scottish or not, but he certainly sounded like a Scott trying to pull of a Russian accent.) The Interpol cop had a pretty good performance also.

Altogether, I can't believe that they managed a worthwhile movie out of it. I wish I'd seen it in the theater. It was an okay flick that I enjoyed even more for being such a fan of the game series.

Previously, We'd seen the Duchess. I normally despise those highly sentimental BBC period pieces. However, Unlike the Other Bolyn Girl, I thought the Duchess was a decent flick. The acting was good and there was something in there with which even a middle aged American man can sympathize. I thought the Duke's line, shortly before the end of the film was particularly poignant. Listening to the children playing in the distance, he turns and gives his tight little smile to the Duchess and says, "If only we could be so free forever." I'm paraphrasing from memory, but it's essentially the point of the film. The duke is still a right bastard, but the fact is that we're not free. What freedom we have by the time we're adults, we usually give away freely before middle age. I'm not complaining, just saying that the greatest measure of our personal freedom is in our self-restraint. Let this be the sermon of the day. On the downside, not enough action and sex. :lol:

Olyphant (or whatever) is actually a pretty entertaining actor. I still thought the movie was atrocious, but it wasn't unwatchable.

I thought it was more an issue of a bad script. Plus, I had recently seen the most recent Bourne movie, and considering the plot parallels, it was hard not to compare the two.

Olyphant (or whatever) is actually a pretty entertaining actor. I still thought the movie was atrocious, but it wasn't unwatchable.

I thought it was more an issue of a bad script. Plus, I had recently seen the most recent Bourne movie, and considering the plot parallels, it was hard not to compare the two.

Yeah, you have to go into it with the right mindset. This is true of games also. If you go in expecting complete garbage, you'll be pleased by anything short of trash. Seriously, that's the best thing the movie had going for it. I mean, the point with the three agents surrounding 47 and he asks to die with dignity... hahahaha Comedy. It wasn't meant that way.

My, Myself, & Irene - Absolutely hilarious movie.

Snakes On The Plane - Better than I thought it would be. I actually thought the acting was pretty good. The snakes themselves, however, were the bad kind of cheesy.

Saw Ben Hur for the first time. Great flick. Best part about it: For an old historical epic, they didn't just repeat the theme song over and over for the music. Most annoying thing about old movies.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Planet of the Apes (remake) - Underrated blockbuster that had some fantastic acting. It was let down by the simple fact that there was no chance to top the original's surprise ending. I would have really loved to see a sequel for it. Mark Wahlberg 4 THA W!

Planet of the Apes (remake) - Underrated blockbuster that had some fantastic acting. It was let down by the simple fact that there was no chance to top the original's surprise ending. I would have really loved to see a sequel for it. Mark Wahlberg 4 THA W!

A lot of people hate the flick but I liked it, except for the crap ending. I mean WTF, they had just finished discrediting the bad guy and trapping him, then bam, back to earth and he's lincoln? what? I'm all for twist endings, but at least have it make sense.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Aperaham Lincoln ending to the PotA remake just let down the film. They really shouldn't have even tried it - they should have stuck with an end that felt relevant to the story being told.

Watched Coroline over the weekend. Wonderful & creepy film.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Good romantic comedy, although High School seniors are rampant in the NY club scene, which I found surprising. No parenting whatsoever in this film. Apparently no one ever gets tired either, by 4 AM I'm pretty much a zombie. All that aside, it was pretty funny and the acting was solid.

RocknRolla - Well done, definitely a Guy Ritchie experience. The story was fairly complicated, and there was less action then I thought there would be, but it all wrapped up nicely in the end. Jason Statham is absent, and I missed him, it seems like he should have been in there somewhere. Still, the 300 guy made a good lead actor.

It made it seem like there was a sequel planned...

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Good romantic comedy, although High School seniors are rampant in the NY club scene, which I found surprising. No parenting whatsoever in this film. Apparently no one ever gets tired either, by 4 AM I'm pretty much a zombie. All that aside, it was pretty funny and the acting was solid.

That bit where that ditzy chick drops her gum/phone? into the toilet had the entire theatre cringing.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

RocknRolla - Well done, definitely a Guy Ritchie experience. The story was fairly complicated, and there was less action then I thought there would be, but it all wrapped up nicely in the end. Jason Statham is absent, and I missed him, it seems like he should have been in there somewhere. Still, the 300 guy made a good lead actor.

Archie was the best.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I liked it and thought it was a good prequel. It would be good to see another movie that tells the story between the prequel and the first movie with Lucian and Kraven. One thing I didn't like about the prequel is that at the end, they spoiled Viktor's secret concerning Selene.

Archie was the best.

The zombie russian war criminals were a close second.

Archie was the best.

Yeah, it was good but it certainly wasn't Snatch, like you said. There were pieces missing which I think were quality acting and a more interesting plot. I thought stolen diamonds (from Snatch) was way better than real estate fraud, which seemed to be the plot here. Although I found the chase scene with the Russians hilarious.