Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

Dark Knight - Good movie; but overrated. Bale has got to be the blandest, and most boring version of Batman over. He's overshadowed by every single minor character in the movie including the people on the ferrys. LMAO Gordon is awesome. Dent's 'turn' is just so fake. Joker was pretty cool at times; but blows it at the end with some poor acting when earlier in the movie he was doing some damn good work.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

RocknRolla - Well done, definitely a Guy Ritchie experience. The story was fairly complicated, and there was less action then I thought there would be, but it all wrapped up nicely in the end. Jason Statham is absent, and I missed him, it seems like he should have been in there somewhere. Still, the 300 guy made a good lead actor.

Archie was the best.

Yeah, it was good but it certainly wasn't Snatch, like you said. There were pieces missing which I think were quality acting and a more interesting plot. I thought stolen diamonds (from Snatch) was way better than real estate fraud, which seemed to be the plot here. Although I found the chase scene with the Russians hilarious.

The plot was more about the lucky painting than it was about real estate fraud.

In fact, that's exactly the typical Ritchie-esque aspect of the film. Lock Stock was about the two guns, Snatch about the diamond, RocknRolla about the painting.

And yea, the Russians were totally awesome.

PS: Volourn never ceases to amaze me in just how badly his taste sucks. And it's not just his latest TDK comment, it's every one of his posts in this topic. Which, of course, also has it merits; it's just as useful knowing whose tastes to trust as it is to know whose to avoid.

Edited by Pope

"PS: Volourn never ceases to amaze me in just how badly his taste sucks."

From this I gather you think TDK is a crappy movie since I think it's a good movie. My bad. I change my opinion now just to conform with your great taste - TDK sucks, and is the worst movie ever. Happy now?

:shifty:

P.S.S. You done trolling, and flaming or do you want to continue?

Edited by Volourn

"PS: Volourn never ceases to amaze me in just how badly his taste sucks."

From this I gather you think TDK is a crappy movie since I think it's a good movie. My bad. I change my opinion now just to confrom with your great taste - TDK sucks, and is the worst movie ever. Happy now?

:x

The only thing worse than having a bad taste is conforming your tastes :)

I'm assuming you're clever enough to at least understand that's not what I meant. But since my assumptions may be wrong, I will clarify.

Dark Knight - Good movie; but overrated. Bale has got to be the blandest, and most boring version of Batman over. He's overshadowed by every single minor character in the movie including the people on the ferrys. LMAO Gordon is awesome. Dent's 'turn' is just so fake. Joker was pretty cool at times; but blows it at the end with some poor acting when earlier in the movie he was doing some damn good work.

So you must think Clooney was a better Batman than Bale? :shifty:

P.S.S. You done trolling, and flaming or do you want to continue?

I'm sorry :) I've felt the urge to say it for quite a while now, and I just couldn't hold it anymore.

I feel much better now that it's out, so I'll quit (for) now.

Edited by Pope

"So you must think Clooney was a better Batman than Bale?"

Actually, no. There's a reason why I used the words boring and bland instead of crappy. HUGE difference.

Seriously, it's no wonder people simply don't discuss Bale's work as Batman all that much . The character doesn't really do anything interesting. At all. Ever. Eeven Morgan Freeman's minor gadget character had more pizazz. Bale's Batman/Bruce Wayne barely reacts to the 'love of his life' dying. And, what the heck is with the voice? It's retarded.

Keaton is the best Batman because he owns the screen when he's on it even despite the fact he had to share screen time with Nicholson's Joker. Bale's Batman is an afterthought despite the move being called the DARK KNIGHT. Clooney was horrible; but it was so over the top in a hilarious way. Plus, besides the poor acting, the characetr itself at least wasn't boring. Val Kilmer is perhaps the only Batman who could compete with Bale's Batman in the boring/bland aspect though were adequately acted. Unlike the goodfball who did the tv version which wasn't bland but wa sjust plain crpapy (can't believe I liked that show when I was younger).

"He's overshadowed by every single minor character in the movie including the people on the ferrys."

How can any serious movie fan disagree with this assessment? All the nameless characters on those ferries who had less than 5 minutes screen time actually had real character development unlike Blame's Batman who just seemingly went through the motions. I *knew* exactly what the character was gonna do. *yawn*

To each his own of course, but my opinion is that Bale has so far offered the best combination of Bruce Wayne's two personalities: the charming playboy to the outside world on one hand, and his inner troubled self on the other.

Keaton made an excellent gritty Batman, but lacked a bit of the charm Wayne needs.

Kilmer was a charming Wayne, but not dark enough as Batman.

Clooney was, well... Clooney. Charming as Wayne, perhaps, but impossible to take serious as Batman. (which was probably more the script's fault than his own)

Edited by Pope

Actually I thought Bale was very solid in Batman Begins. He was boring in The Dark Knight, but he wasn't really given all that much to work with. In fact there wasn't a whole lotta Bruce Wayne screentime, he was the bat for the majority of the movie. But he was also overshadowed by stellar work from the rest of the cast. Maggie Gyllenhal was particularly good, she really kicked Katie Holme's butt.

But Michael Keaton is still the best Batman, that's not even an arguable point.

Keaton - Great

Bale - Good

Kilmer - Bad

Clooney - Atrocious

I actually thought Gyllenhaal was the worst thing about TDK. She looks okay as long as she smiles, but once she gets this concerned look on her face, she reminds me of Miss Piggy.

Eckhart was by far the best.

Edited by Pope

I think Bale does well as Wayne, his Batman is okay, but he sounds like he needs a throat lozenge.

Keaton is like the reverse, his Batman is great but his Wayne is only okay. But in his defense his movies give very little for Wayne to do but wait for the call for Batman.

I think in someway both are strung by the dichotomy of the character - is he Batman or Wayne? Bale plays Batman as Wayne, whereas the way the earlier movies worked Keaton seemed to be Batman playing at being Wayne.

Or maybe its just me.

Unlike the goodfball who did the tv version which wasn't bland but wa sjust plain crpapy (can't believe I liked that show when I was younger).

That's be Adam West. Hard to really make a comparison since he's acting in a comedy, while Wilson, Lowery, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney and Bale are all playing the part in more dramatic productions.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did Clooney have the "anatomically correct" armor, in other words, nipple armor?

AFAIK nipples were on both Kilmer and Clooney's suits.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think in someway both are strung by the dichotomy of the character - is he Batman or Wayne? Bale plays Batman as Wayne, whereas the way the earlier movies worked Keaton seemed to be Batman playing at being Wayne.

I see it differently.

Bale's playboy Wayne seems to be an act, at least ever since he's returned from his training with Ra's.

Keaton seems to always be an introverted loner, both as Batman and Wayne. But it's been a while since I've seen the '89 Batman.

I see it differently.

Bale's playboy Wayne seems to be an act, at least ever since he's returned from his training with Ra's.

Keaton seems to always be an introverted loner, both as Batman and Wayne. But it's been a while since I've seen the '89 Batman.

We meet Bale in the first film as Wayne (as opposed to the Keaton film, where we're introduced to Batman first). To me at least, the movies suggest that Batman is a guise he adopts (and I think his dialogue with Alfred about the need for Batman as a symbol indicate that Bruce sees it as such) rather than an over-riding part of who he is. Yes he plays up certain things (like Wayne being the rich party with a woman on either arm) for effect, but it doesn't change my feelings that overall Bale seems to be Wayne to me.

Keaton as the loner seems more like Batman in that sense; fighting crime is who he is. When he's being social, when he's being Wayne - that's the act he's putting on because who he is won't allow him to disappear from society entirely.

Edited by Amentep

Did Clooney have the "anatomically correct" armor, in other words, nipple armor?

AFAIK nipples were on both Kilmer and Clooney's suits.

Man, Kilmer and Clooney were awesome batmans!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Of course that means that Chris O'Donnell had nipples on his Robin suite - twice

Alicia Silverstone went nippleless, however, in the Batgirl suit to even things out.

Push. It was okay. Mindless entertainment.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Keaton as the loner seems more like Batman in that sense; fighting crime is who he is. When he's being social, when he's being Wayne - that's the act he's putting on because who he is won't allow him to disappear from society entirely.

I agree and i think Keaton is still the best one. You can really see the dichotomy in him and he is aware of it fully which makes him slightly crazy when he is Wayne but he uses Batman to give himself meaning and purpose. Which makes him a bit crazy as Wayne as a result.

That was just great. And worked great juxtaposed to his opponents too.

Bale is as boring as sack of Yak excrement compared. ;)

The Darjeeling Limited

The movie is directed by the same guy who did The Royal Tenenbaums and while it wasn't as good I certainly enjoyed the film. It centers around 3 brothers who haven't seen each other in over a year since their fathers funeral. They all meet upon The Darjeeling Limited, a train traveling through India. Most of the story follows their interactions, back stories and how they've coped with their fathers loss. There's no huge laughs or any kind of super deep immersion or anything along those lines that makes this movie stand out, which is probably why it hasn't gotten great reviews but it's quite charming. The cast is great, the train is brilliant, and the story is interesting, albeit a little choppy at times but over all it was nice.

I give the Darjeeling Limited a 8.7/10.

Pathology

Someone recommended this movie to me even after saying that I despise stupid Saw like movies. If you want to see Peter Petrelli stab a dead guy in the brain stem and the awesome private eye dude from like 4 House episodes get acupuncture on his nipples then I suppose go ahead. It's basically about a group of pathology residents who've devised a game in which they kill various people and they have to try and figure out the cause of death. It's basically just a lot of blood, sex and high production values.

Pathology gets a 6/10

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Ballad of Cable Hogue (1970) - A terrific film. The music and comedy might not be for all tastes, but to me it was an excellent film and Jason Robards performance is enough to see it, he was brilliant. Stella Stevens is not hard to look at either. If you are a fan of westerns give it a look.

Recently we saw The latest Mummy film and Journey to the Center of the Earth, both staring Brendon Frazier. (or however he spells his name.)

Wasn't all that bad. The last Mummy film made fun of itself in a number of areas, and I think the writers were phoning in their performance, but it was a fair enough action film I guess. The better one, surprisingly, was the Jules Verne movie. That's because it was really a young adult flick and I could take it that way and enjoy it.

I agree and i think Keaton is still the best one. You can really see the dichotomy in him and he is aware of it fully which makes him slightly crazy when he is Wayne but he uses Batman to give himself meaning and purpose. Which makes him a bit crazy as Wayne as a result.

That was just great. And worked great juxtaposed to his opponents too.

Bale is as boring as sack of Yak excrement compared. :wub:

Keaton was a more refined Wayne but as batman he was just too small and unimposing, Batman is big and scary, and he isn't Bond, he doesn't waste time on a lame romance in every installment.

No Bale is the best overall Batman. Those films are just suffering a bit under their own success.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.