Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

Not really a movie, just a few more episodes of Rome season 2.

Then I listened to the Bladerunner soundtrack for a while and took a look at my old DVD. One of the very first movies I bought, the media is beginning to show it's age, scratches, cracks, stains what have you :)

Maybe I should get that big box of all things (theatrical, directors cut and some even more extended/complete version) Bladerunner on blu-ray.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hrm. Does anyone have an idea for a flick I could send my parents to for Christmas?

Was planning on Opera, theatre or classic/jazz concert but there isn't a right one at the moment, so a simple movie/dinner treat will have to do. I won't be going.

Problem is, stepdad's a kind of dull fellow in that respect. Unlikely to go for anything too funny, too dark or too weird. Probably likes multicultural stuff, though. Any "steady ship" movie around?

That sounds terribly politically correct :)

Sorry, not much help there. It's the stuff I try to stay clear of at all cost.

I suppose The Rocky Horror Picture show wouldn't be a good idea (even though the 25th anniversary edition is awesome)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I'm the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

It was amusing, but wildly uneven.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just 58.4% which doesn't say much beyond I tend to watch trashier films than some of those that got listed. :)

And there were a lot of modern dramas I skipped.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

74%. Weak. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guess I'm average. 56.8%.

In my defense, many of them are on my "to see" list, several of which I have lying around the house. And others are just fairly recent movies I haven't had a chance to see, or didn't care much for; with a couple of exceptions, I tend to stay away from the Pixar plague.

I was surprised with the amount of old movies I remembered seeing, though :)

anything with john wayne in it i've seen. my dad was a fan, to say the least. they didn't list any laurel and hardy or abbott and costello movies, however, which i've probably seen all of. either way, i too was amazed at some of the old movies i had seen, but forgotten. live 40 years and that happens i suppose.

oh, i was something like 55.6% or similar.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Dragonheart - Entertaining movie. Fantasy done right. The villain is such a tool. L0L

Chasing Amy - More evidence that Ben Affleck is simply underrated as an actor. Fantastic movie all around.

Also, currently mid way through Xena Season 4.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On cable this afternoon I watched a 1996 Aussie film called "Dating the Enemy." I turned it on because it had a pre-LA Confidential Guy Pearce and I was curious.

But it was one of those tired-plot body-switching movies - guy and gal switch bodies etc. So I didn't expect much but I thought maybe it'd be mildly amusing. Despite a few good jokes that worked (guy in the woman's body having menstrual cramps, stuff like that) it was abysmal...one of those films where the movie stars wished they'd never had to do, I bet. :aiee:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Xena season 1.

Serenity. Damn good movie.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Pixar plague?

The evil CGI cartoons spreading across the world, man! They must be stopped!

I agree.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS