Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

After watching Step Brothers, I was immensely relieved that I'm not the only one who has sword fights with my friends.

Sword fights? Like after you're done peeing?

That's silly.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh to remove derogatory language.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

After watching Step Brothers, I was immensely relieved that I'm not the only one who has sword fights with my friends.

Sword fights? Like after you're done peeing?

Gay, dude. Totally gay.

The point is you fight while peeing...nevermind, I've said too much already.

LOTR: FotR. Still one of the three greatest movies ever made.

Technically, I guess they're all one movie. But conventiently broken into three parts so one can move afterwards. =]

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I just saw Cashback and it was just amazing.

Lots of nudity, but done in a really stylish way.

I saw that too about a month ago! I was pleasantly surprised also. Charming little movie. :shifty:

I just saw The The Bothersome Man. It was kinda existential, Groundhogs Day meets Brave New World is a good way to describe it. If anyone likes Dystopian story lines I recommend this :)

Im really digging Netflicks watch instantly feature. I just hook my laptop up to the TV and voila!

Edited by Theseus

Travellers and Magician

Really nice flick, extra L and all. This is my first experience with anything from the Kingdom of Bhutan and it was great. This film has real intelligent cinematography and does a good job of moving between the old and the new.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dead Set

Recommended by Walsingham in the zombie thread and it was quite a great little miniseries. The premise basically centers around an English reality tv show called Big Brother (basically like the real show) when a zombie epidemic begins. It focuses mainly on the cast of the show and a few people involved in it's production and how they deal with the zombie outbreak.

Good premise, great acting, good action, good comedy, great zombieness.

9.5/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skulls

Dear god, another favorite franchise bent over. I mean seriously,

aliens? And what, they were just hanging around for thousands of years hoping someone would stumble across a secreted crystal skull, find a city most think is a fable, pass puzzles and death traps and then replace the skull upon a crystal skeleton? THEN they could go ahead and leave? Doesnt sound like a well though out plan.

And dont even get me started on the whole swinging through the jungle like Tarzan bit. RARG, Gfted1 angry! :(

Dead Set

Recommended by Walsingham in the zombie thread and it was quite a great little miniseries. The premise basically centers around an English reality tv show called Big Brother (basically like the real show) when a zombie epidemic begins. It focuses mainly on the cast of the show and a few people involved in it's production and how they deal with the zombie outbreak.

Good premise, great acting, good action, good comedy, great zombieness.

9.5/10

Best ever death by zombie, right near the end... Guy torn in half and then starts shoutsomething like "Go on, eat as much as you can"... Made me feel a little sick, and that's not easy done.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

An American Carol. Terrible. Though the little shot of the documentary about fanatic christian terrorists was humorous. I don't know if its just my views that makes it just seem dumb when the right lampoons the left, or if it really is that dumb.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Tick - I was trying to find a good movie to watch on my Netflix instant queu, but I settled on this little gem of a TV show. I forgot how awesome it was.

I started watching a Bronson film called The Mechanic, but it was just way too slow and wierd.

bronson movies are all a bit weird, and they got weirder as his career deteriorated. it seems i've seen the mechanic and thought it was weird, too.

i have a few movies i watched lately that i can't recall at the moment (on my first cup of coffee, still slow). obviously they must not have been that great otherwise i'd be waxing poetic. if i think of them i'll post.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I suffered while my wife watched the last boleyn chic. It had some decent moments, but mostly it just sucked. We started Blade Runner, but didn't get to finish so that's tonight. Watched Independance Day on Blu ray disk, just to test the player. The HD aspect is great, but the movie is really kind of lackluster. Not the acting. The cast was good. You can only do so much with dialogue like that.

Vicky Christina Barcelona.

A bit uneven in its script's pacing, but the whole film is just so goddamn sexy, and I'm not just talking about the lead players being hawt. I'm talking about how they're all so incredibly sensuous, from Penelope Cruz's paranoid craziness to Rebecca Hall's sensible, grounded maturity. It actually made sense that Bardem gets to have sex with both Cruz and Johansson at the same time. He really looks and talks and acts like someone capable of pulling it off.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: