What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I'm playing ToEE for the first time. Is it just me, or do you die often in that game? Otherwise, I can't explain how my puny lvl 1 chars have a chance against a horde of mega spiders or rogues that can possibly kill one of my chars with a single well placed arrow.

depends upon how you play, but it can be rather frequent if you aren't really thinking (and a little lucky).

I also heard of this Circle of 8 mod. What is this exactly? Recommendable, or should I just play Toee vanilla with patch?

not just recommendable, required. toee is broken with it, damn near unplayable (IMO) without.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've also been dabbling in the Fable Pub games while I wait for Fable 2 to come out. They are ok, I'm at level 2.

I'm with ya on that one. I need something to do for the next 6 hours.

@ randomN00b- Sorry I don;t like games that amount to "suffer hideous amounts of lag, go to another level with horrible graphics, try to walk through a crowd of other people, and then do a meaningless and boring quest."

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

@ randomN00b- Sorry I don;t like games that amount to "suffer hideous amounts of lag, go to another level with horrible graphics, try to walk through a crowd of other people, and then do a meaningless and boring quest."

I thought you loved Diablo 2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The first two make it sound like you are complaining about having a lousy PC, the third is just odd, and the fourth is pretty much a matter of opinion. I'm not sure that killing some boss in Diablo is really that much different than killing some boss in any MMO.

Owned!!

I'm not sure that killing some boss in Diablo is really that much different than killing some boss in any MMO.
It is. Diablo bosses you can kill on your own. MMO bosses often require a group of people working together to stand a chance even.

I'm playing ToEE for the first time. Is it just me, or do you die often in that game? Otherwise, I can't explain how my puny lvl 1 chars have a chance against a horde of mega spiders or rogues that can possibly kill one of my chars with a single well placed arrow.

I also heard of this Circle of 8 mod. What is this exactly? Recommendable, or should I just play Toee vanilla with patch?

You should get the circle of eight mod, like someone else said it's unplayable without it. I would do the town quests until you get a couple of levels, yes they are painful to accomplish but it's better if you are at least 2nd or 3rd level before you go to the moathouse. Here is step by step instructions. More information can be found here (Circle of Eight) I never read the manual but I highly recommend it for this game, also leave the tips on until you have the hang of the game. This game is much deeper than it appears on the surface.

STEP 1

Install Microsoft .NET 2.0.

If you are using Windows XP with Service Pack 2, you will probably already have Microsoft .NET installed on your system. To find out for certain if you already have .NET installed, go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. If .NET is installed, it will be listed there.

STEP 2

Install the game.

STEP 3 - THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR SOME PEOPLEl

This is not always necessary but some people just cannot install patch 2 without installing patch 1 first. If you are one of those people, like me, install patch 1. If your version of the game is prepatched to version 3, DO NOT use this patch - forget you ever saw this step.

STEP 4

Install Atari patch 2.

STEP 5

Install Co8 v5. During the installation there are options on which parts of Co8 v5 you wish to install. If this is your first time playing using Co8 v5, please do not deselect any installation options which are chosen for you by default unless you are positive you know what you are doing. By all means choose more options if you want to though

I do. And it far outclasses any MMO.

The first two make it sound like you are complaining about having a lousy PC, the third is just odd, and the fourth is pretty much a matter of opinion. I'm not sure that killing some boss in Diablo is really that much different than killing some boss in any MMO.

No, I played WoW on a computer with SLI'd 8800's (not mine) and the graphics still suck. And the fundamental difference is that Diablo relies on the self, whereas, in an MMO, you rely on other people.

Owned!!

See above.

I'm not sure that killing some boss in Diablo is really that much different than killing some boss in any MMO.
It is. Diablo bosses you can kill on your own. MMO bosses often require a group of people working together to stand a chance even.

No, MMO's just suck.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You should get the circle of eight mod, like someone else said it's unplayable without it. I would do the town quests until you get a couple of levels, yes they are painful to accomplish but it's better if you are at least 2nd or 3rd level before you go to the moathouse. Here is step by step instructions. More information can be found here (Circle of Eight) I never read the manual but I highly recommend it for this game, also leave the tips on until you have the hang of the game. This game is much deeper than it appears on the surface.

STEP 1

Install Microsoft .NET 2.0.

If you are using Windows XP with Service Pack 2, you will probably already have Microsoft .NET installed on your system. To find out for certain if you already have .NET installed, go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. If .NET is installed, it will be listed there.

STEP 2

Install the game.

STEP 3 - THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR SOME PEOPLEl

This is not always necessary but some people just cannot install patch 2 without installing patch 1 first. If you are one of those people, like me, install patch 1. If your version of the game is prepatched to version 3, DO NOT use this patch - forget you ever saw this step.

STEP 4

Install Atari patch 2.

STEP 5

Install Co8 v5. During the installation there are options on which parts of Co8 v5 you wish to install. If this is your first time playing using Co8 v5, please do not deselect any installation options which are chosen for you by default unless you are positive you know what you are doing. By all means choose more options if you want to though

Thanks for posting that, but I already read carefully the install instructions.

The first thing I noticed is "Woah, there're everywhere kids around!". AT any rate, I think I should do fine once I reach at least lvl2. :lol: So far, I really like the game.

Dead Space.

This game is nothing like System Shock 2 despite the inventory and weapon upgrade management. Rather the gameplay is exactly the same as Resident Evil 4 with space as its setting. The level design is mostly bland and of same color. Infirmary ward using the same texture as the Engine room? Come on man. System Shock 2 managed to make the respective sectors of the ship look distinctive.

Despite that, it is rather fun to play with the theme of blasting off enemy's limbs to kill. However the overwhelming amount of ammo available makes the game too easy.

Fable 2.

Midnight launch for the win. I played for three hours and didn't realize it, the game FEELS MASSIVE and the dog is quite good at its job, but I personally would have preferred a solo adventure rather than one that has a dog chasing you around.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Fable 2.

Midnight launch for the win. I played for three hours and didn't realize it, the game FEELS MASSIVE and the dog is quite good at its job, but I personally would have preferred a solo adventure rather than one that has a dog chasing you around.

How does that midnight launch thing work again?

manthing2.jpg

Fable 2.

How does that midnight launch thing work again?

Gamestop has a rule that if a game gets over a certain number of preorders at a store, that store will be open at midnight so the second it hits 12am of the day of release then you can purchase it.

I just go to talk and hang out (we played quake 2 because there were so few people there) but it nets me a game I'm going to get and some out of the house time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dead Space.

This game is nothing like System Shock 2 despite the inventory and weapon upgrade management. Rather the gameplay is exactly the same as Resident Evil 4 with space as its setting. The level design is mostly bland and of same color. Infirmary ward using the same texture as the Engine room? Come on man. System Shock 2 managed to make the respective sectors of the ship look distinctive.

Despite that, it is rather fun to play with the theme of blasting off enemy's limbs to kill. However the overwhelming amount of ammo available makes the game too easy.

Try playing with only the Plasma Cutter, that's what I'm doing.

The Witcher EE.

I just started chapter III. There's still a lot of monsters left to kill, and women to love.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dead Space.

Try playing with only the Plasma Cutter, that's what I'm doing.

Do you agree on the repetitiveness of the environments?

I'm playing Dead Space on Impossible mode now which was unlocked after completing the game. This time the difficulty is more ideal since the enemies are capable of taking more damage as well as inflicting on me. Several times I am forced to use static ability on the necros and probably will do so from now on.

I can't help but wonder if this 'impossible' difficulty ought to be the normal mode in the first place at all since the 'normal' and 'hard' difficulty is obviously too easy.

Do you agree on the repetitiveness of the environments?

There's alot of backtracking in the game as well.

I started Bloodlines, this time with the intention of actually finishing the game, my cds have been busted for a while, so I'm glad to have found a good Federation release.

For starters, after fully patching the thing, it's an awesome game. The only things not going for it are the inane hand-to-hand combat and that everlasting memory leak. Otherwise, it's something else entirely, a real gem of a game.

With that said, goths are annoying and nerdy. Somewhat like less awesome versions of Don Jags.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds