What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Been trying out a few higher end games now that I got my computer upgraded. Recently:

Assassain's Creed. Enjoyable in extremely small chunks, and gets repetetive very quickly. The game does shine sometimes (assassinations so far have been fun, and the getting away from guards can be quite thrilling). But there are a lot of stuff where I just go wtf... The story for example, and the fact that I have to click an unnecessary amount of times just to get out of the damn game.

Crysis. Also an enjoyable game, I actully find it better than I thought I would. The action can be a lot of fun and quite intense. However, story is pretty meh and the characters annoy me. Still, it's pretty fun.

Still thinking about Clear Sky. I'm upset that (according to many people at least) the atmosphere has taken a serious dive, but at the same time I also enjoyed STALKERs firefights a great deal so I might enjoy it as a much more action oriented title or whatever. The game also seems *really* buggy for some people. Will have to think on it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Recently finished a very nice IWD2 campaign, I paid some attention to character builds and was a bit more canny this time round, so I was actually able to beat Isair & Madae without cheating or cheesing. Never done that before, because I'd usually make some silly characters that were total deadweights by then. Weimer's shapeshifting is a bit OP though.

Now on BG2, uh, again. God.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry884952

well, i now have HLA abilities, particularly use magic. with the amulet of power, my rogue is not having any problems with undead. add in an occasional protection from undead and it is almost a joke how easy they are to kill (need the level drain thing since i don't always use the protection scroll). i still die often, and have to retool fights accordingly. still fun, however.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

And it friggin' rocks. Fallout3 is going to have to be outstanding in order to beat SCL.

..for you who havent played it yet, theyve fixed all the balance issues with the guns etc. and added useful stuff like quicktravel aswellas a general polish. If you liked the original, you'll love this.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Rockstar games never had any appeal to me, and I never liked the GTA games very much, part because of the stupid settings (80's Miami? Fack off), part because it just looked dumb. GTA 4 however has a nice feel to, good driving physics, nice setting (modern-day NYC), mostly cool characters. So I was glad it didn't fail me. Blind purchase paid off.

Dumb settings?

I never heard that argument before, everyone I know who played the GTA series thought the various settings were hilarious and great. I really loved Vice City - running around in purple suits and looking like an 80's pimp. :( But I can see your point. I prefer a modern time as well, it's easier to understand the setting.

Fortune favors the bald.

I just got the big box, CD version of System Shock in the mail. It's practically in mint condition.

Happy happy joy joy! Happy happy joy joy! :thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I want to be playing Clear Sky. But I'll settle for a second runthrough of Mass Effect.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It really is amazing how well designed SS1 still is, in spite of the awfully dated interface and controls.

Heja Sverige!!

It really is amazing how well designed SS1 still is, in spite of the awfully dated interface and controls.

So is UW1 & UW2, those games using that engine are the true groundbreaking classics of the early nineties... Well along with Doom and Wolfenstien, but UW & SS used a much superior engine.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I wouldn't call Doom groundbreaking. It was great fun, of course, but it wasn't particularly new or original.

Heja Sverige!!