What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

well, i was soloing BG2, without cheating no less, as a swashbuckler. i just got into the watcher's keep and hit the level 50 cap. i haven't even done suldeneselar yet. no fun anymore tyring to see how good he'd be at the end of the game. i suppose there's merit in seeing how quickly my dude can take everything down. sometimes i still have to reload a stretch because i get dominated or mazed (when you solo, both are game ending problems, though imprisonment is game ending even when you have buddies along).

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

XCOM again. I've finished the first base assault in this game and lost 3 people to those bull**** blaster launchers. :shifty:

Still having much fun with it.

Keep your teams well spread. The chance of aliens using explosives drops drastically if they can't get more than one target with the blast.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Keep your teams well spread. The chance of aliens using explosives drops drastically if they can't get more than one target with the blast.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was that my designated green (bravery of 10) soldier who was worthless was supposed to arm an explosive and run up to the commander and take one for the team. It didn't happen. What happened was that I suck at asking soldiers to move up through those floaty stair things and instead of going up to the commander she used up her last TU's on moving two extra squares to the end of the 3 x 3 floaty stair thing, this then lead to the commander shooting the blaster launcher into the room below making a mess of her and the other guy in the room and I had to use the third dead soldier to finish the job.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I just picked up The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I hope to install and start this weekend!

Great game, if slightly annoying to modify compared to some (although I have figured out how to modify the character modules, enabling and character to be used)... Damn those stubborn, size controlling .2da files... :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No Witcher EE in the stores here yet ;)

No STALKER clear sky yet either...

I need something to play on my new toy (computer). Maybe I should see if the have Bioshock.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I've decided to do a reverse Troika binge and first up is VtM:B and for once I've decided to try this bug-fix only fanpatch and as such I obviously go to the main site and OH MY GOD MY EYES

I realize that some people like these things but can't they hide them in .RARs or something. :)

The real point of this post is to ask whether there are any important or just good patches for Temple of Elemental Evil?

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

btw, i finished SoA with my solo swashbuckler. quite easy, actually, particularly once you get the use magic HLA since you can put on or carry anything. mix-n-match for specific fights. granted, it helps that i know all the tactics required for just about every fight anyway, but still... my guy is now through watcher's keep, too (there was one fight in there i had to cheat a bit) and i have to CTRL-R every once in a while to prevent a maze. lots of weezards cast it, and there is no save making it an unfair game ender. same goes for domination, dire charm (perhaps even charm) but those don't have a graphic that you can see to CTRL-R beforehand so you end up re-loading.

anyway, now the game is about seeing how easily i can dispatch everything. at 16 M exp. points, i've been level-capped for quite a while. the first major battle in sendai's enclave is pretty tough, but i have not gone back with revised tactics. usually i just charge in to known battles and worry about getting tricky only if i get beat down once or twice.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I played some LBP multiplayer today OMFG is it a fun game... It's one of those games you just can't help but giggle at while you play.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

btw, i finished SoA with my solo swashbuckler. quite easy, actually, particularly once you get the use magic HLA since you can put on or carry anything. mix-n-match for specific fights. granted, it helps that i know all the tactics required for just about every fight anyway, but still... my guy is now through watcher's keep, too (there was one fight in there i had to cheat a bit) and i have to CTRL-R every once in a while to prevent a maze. lots of weezards cast it, and there is no save making it an unfair game ender. same goes for domination, dire charm (perhaps even charm) but those don't have a graphic that you can see to CTRL-R beforehand so you end up re-loading.

That's what the "Helmet of Charm Protection" (I can't remember if that is the real name) is for. It may look horrible to have those stupid wings on your head when you are using anything other than metal armour, but if it saves me a reload, I'm more than willing to put up with it.

Swashbuckler is a rogue and can't wear helmets. I know my D&D rules... :)

Just finished a Mass Effect run as super paragon. Went and got Bioshock now since ME got me hooked onto shooter games again (even though I always sucked at it; I get pwned in Halo by 90% of the general population). Hopefully, it's as fun as everybody make it out to be.

Edited by julianw