What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Resident Evil 3 - fun game, although I wish the controls were different...

By different, you mean good. RE is designed around crap controls. Crap controls are, like, the RE's core gameplay mechanic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Swashbuckler is a rogue and can't wear helmets. I know my D&D rules... :p

Just finished a Mass Effect run as super paragon. Went and got Bioshock now since ME got me hooked onto shooter games again (even though I always sucked at it; I get pwned in Halo by 90% of the general population). Hopefully, it's as fun as everybody make it out to be.

long time no see.

Playing City of heroes and ace combat six... was thinking about running through mass effect again for a paragon infiltrator (right now she's a Renegade)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Some nerd sent me copies of Contra 4 and Front Mission DS which were never made available in the UK.

So yeah, those.

I still need to beat Contra 4 on something other than easy. The farthest I've gotten on normal was level 5, and hard was a pitiful level 3. Damn that game and it's "Playing on easy mode are we? Well screw you! You don't get to play the last three levels then!" ending!

Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, World of Warcraft Burning Crusade.

Going to play after I finnish them Witcher Enhanced Edition, Final Fantasy IX and ofc WoW: Wrath of the Lich King and NWN2: Storm of Zehyr when released...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I finished Stalker: Clear Sky today. Annoying that I ran through the entire game hoarding 7.62mm ammo but I never found a weapon for it (except a quest related weapon that was impossible to use)! Also, I got hit with a lot of little bugs that weren't game killers but still annoying enough for me to wait for the next patch and a second run through.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm, lets see... somehow I've developed this nasty habit of accumulating games and never actually getting around to playing them :( ... things were much better when I was a student and didn't have much money to spend, I'd only be playing a single good game at a time. Anyways, here's a list of unfinished games that I keep context-switching between as and when I get time:

- Final Fantasy X

- Xenosaga I

- Jak und Daxter

- Indigo Prophecy

- GTA Vice City

- Half Life 2 Ep 2

- CnC Tiberium Wars

- Gears of War

Fck... never realized the list was this long... and this doesn't include games I haven't even started playing yet >_<... Dead Rising, GTAIII, FF-X2 (yeah fine whatever :p), MGS 2...

Man... and I was thinking of buying Fallout 1 + 2, and the Witcher, and NWN2...

2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

Hinterland and the NWN1 module called Almraiven.

Hinterland is a great game for short playing sessions. Very simplistic though, and it very much relies on the simple satisfaction of "explore/reward". The randomization makes it fun as well.

Almraiven is what I would call a masterpiece, and without a doubt the best NWN1 mod. I am replaying it at the moment because the sequel came out fairly recently (called Shadewood) and since I bought a new computer a while ago I did not have my old Almraiven character anymore. Still, what a great mod it is. Could've had a bit more choices though, but there are some still. And it's just tied together so beautifully.

It's also cool in how low-magic it feels, despite being a mod for spellcasters. Most of it have your character applying his/her skills to figuring stuff out and investigating instead of blowing monsters away. And when combat *does* occur, and you get to release those Magic Missiles (it's a low level adventure) it feels much more satisfying.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I finished Stalker: Clear Sky today. Annoying that I ran through the entire game hoarding 7.62mm ammo but I never found a weapon for it (except a quest related weapon that was impossible to use)! Also, I got hit with a lot of little bugs that weren't game killers but still annoying enough for me to wait for the next patch and a second run through.
What variant of 7.62 are you referring to? 7n14 rounds are only good for the SVU and SVD, which in the vanilla game, are WAY underpowered. As far as I know, there's only one chance in the whole game to grab a SVD, and the SVU isn't even present, save for perhaps one or two snipers located in unreachable areas. On the other hand, there's at least 3 instances I remember where you can pick a RPD - the other weapon that uses 7.62. But the RPD is only good for slowing you down...

I hated the endgame, anyway. Multi spawners and invisible barriers = cheapness all across the board.

FWIW, the 1.5.05 patch was released earlier this week... you may want to check it out.

What variant of 7.62 are you referring to? 7n14 rounds are only good for the SVU and SVD, which in the vanilla game, are WAY underpowered. As far as I know, there's only one chance in the whole game to grab a SVD, and the SVU isn't even present, save for perhaps one or two snipers located in unreachable areas. On the other hand, there's at least 3 instances I remember where you can pick a RPD - the other weapon that uses 7.62. But the RPD is only good for slowing you down...

That's the one! I never found the Dragunov. Another reason for me to play through it again! And yes, I was referring to that tank-mounted gigantic gun when I said quest-related weapon. I could barely turn around when I was using it. Sucked bigtime.

I hated the endgame, anyway. Multi spawners and invisible barriers = cheapness all across the board.

Yeah, after Red Forest it turned into Half-Life 2. I didn't like it either.

FWIW, the 1.5.05 patch was released earlier this week... you may want to check it out.

What? Already? I just downloaded 1.5.0.4 a few days ago. Thanks for the tip.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i just bought, and downloaded, the new witcher. haven't checked to see if all went well, however. it's over 10 GB (counting the extra content) and i only had about 500-600 kB/s transfer (yeah, 6 Mbit link ain't too shabby, but it's not fios, either), which worked out to 8 or 9 hours of transfer time required.

anyway, i got to the melissan battle with my solo thief in my latest BG2 romp and pretty much gave up. the point was to get there. did that, now i'm done. the fight is amazingly difficult even when you can stack yourself with all the best equipment. i even cheated in the big metal unit and that was worse than dual wielding crom faeyr and that +3 ninja-to that gives you an extra attack. the AC improvement was only -2 (my dude had high stats from the roll, plus all the tomes possible and all the bonuses from lum's machine, so he was pretty uber by 50th level).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I also recently picked up The Witcher Enhanced Edition and am playing through the game once again rather enjoying it quite a bit. I feel it's just one of those games you can always go back to after awhile and really enjoy. After my run through, I'm gonna check out the two mods that came with it and also check out that Deception mod that was just released.

Other than that, just playing through Lego Batman in 15 minute spurts when I get time and putting in some time on Rock Band 2 when I can. Looking forward to Fable II soon enough and here and there spend time online with Too Human.

Painkiller and one of its expansion packs -the original not the one with the half-devil main character- and I have to say that I find the starting Orphanage level more disturbing than all of Doom III and its expansion, or any other game I can remember for that matter. I thought it would be more like Jericho, fighting demonic enemies and twisted versions of the past, but so far it's not been like that at all. Maybe things will change when I get further into the games -I'm playing both- but, at the moment, one is an ok shooter and the other is simply troubling. I think it's due to the fact that you, the player, are forced to kill children -even if they are zombie-like demons, they still look and sound like children-, and there's no way around that fact. In other game, like Fallout I/II, the option was there but you were not forced to take it if you did not want to - there is no such freedom here. Maybe it will feel different once the initial shock wears off -I was not expecting this and so it probably had more of an effect that it normally would have-, I'll see and post what happens as I get further into the game. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

it took me a bit to get witcher going. i failed to realize that i had turned of direct3d in order to get BG to work properly. soooo, i got that "you don't meet the minimum requirements" thingy a few times and was getting steamed... then i said "i'll pull up dxdiag and prove i meet the requirements!" hehe. anyway, the intro movies are cool. unfortunately, i've had two crashes that pop up the dreaded windows "windows has encountered a problem" yadda yadda wanting me to send some information to them. not a chance on that, but i think it is running now. about to test it out.

taks

it took me a bit to get witcher going. i failed to realize that i had turned of direct3d in order to get BG to work properly. soooo, i got that "you don't meet the minimum requirements" thingy a few times and was getting steamed... then i said "i'll pull up dxdiag and prove i meet the requirements!" hehe. anyway, the intro movies are cool. unfortunately, i've had two crashes that pop up the dreaded windows "windows has encountered a problem" yadda yadda wanting me to send some information to them. not a chance on that, but i think it is running now. about to test it out.

taks

my game did that several times and then refused to acknowledge that I had the cd in the drive so finially I threw up my hands and cracked it.

Now it works perfectly go figure.

Oh I just finished up playing a round of the witcher. Got all the way to act two romancing 3 ladies I think.... the barmaid the witch and triss. just started act two and am WISHING the ESRB wasn't so evil about nudity... this game is certainly more adult than others of it's ilk. I'm just trying to figure out how to forge a weapon assuming I have the mats.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Try running in administrator mode if you have any more problems, that's seemed to have helped people who get the CTDs.

i am an administrator since i don't create accounts. at least i think i am.

anyway, i played through the intro section last night and i must say, wow... well done. very slick, IMO. slow at parts, but the overall flow makes sense. the mini-quests were obviously designed to get you used to the various features of the game, but still managed to maintain a feeling of being essential, not just fed-ex (though there was a fed-ex component to one of them, but it didn't dominate). it's going to take a bit to get used to the controls and the default camera view is a little annoying. i haven't played around with the other controls yet.

overall, at least so far, this was a good purchase.

taks