What are you playing now?

The best thing to happen to pc games since the Baldur's Gate series came out.

I didn't know you were a fan of Team Fortress 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hitman 2 - yeah, I like GameTap even if it has convinced me to go spend money for my own copy. Yes, a full, free version has convinced me to buy a full, non-free version eventually. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

At least I have NHL 08 to keep me busy when I choke again..

We would rather see your work of dwarven intrigue and drama... Give us the Witcheta Chronicles (and for the NWN2/MotB engine please) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Once again I'm playing an 'action' RPG and once again, as someone who doesn't play twitchy combat FPS-type games, I'm being made to feel like a second-class citizen in one of my all-time favourite genres. Read: I suck at ME combat. It's really pathetic how quickly I die, and I don't think I'm very far into the game which is presumably going to get harder. It's exactly the same as what happened with Jade Empire, when I think I took over twenty attempts to kill the guys off the boat right at the start. When that happened, I came on here and someone told me how to win at JE combat, i.e. jump around an illogically large amount. So now I'm asking the same question: How do I win at Mass Effect combat?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Take cover, point at enemies and shoot?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, always be in cover, pick a weapon with very little spread or none at all from ranges(pistol, sniper rifle) and take pock shots at the enemies. Tell your team mates to take cover and just hang in there. Eventually there's a lull in the battle while the enemy reloads or changes position, change to close combat weapons like shotguns and assault rifles and advance before they start the shooting again. Usually one of two things occurs: a) some of the enemy notice you and move closer b) they crouch behind their cover and keep shooting. In both cases, advance through covers every time you are not being shot and take every enemy piecemeal.

This works fine until you start dealing with powers and abilities, but you'll be fine once you get the hang of it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tell your team mates to take cover and just hang in there.

That would be very useful. How do I do that?

This works fine until you start dealing with powers and abilities, but you'll be fine once you get the hang of it.

Is that when strange coloured jets of light appear and suddenly someone says "I've lost shields" without appearing to have been hit. Because I've had that. It's a bit of a problem.

Are you playing the PC version, Steve?

If so just hit the space bar to pause the action, after getting to cover of course, and keep pressing the right click button on the mouse and move where you want to aim. This should help you to hit your enemies with biotics and weapons. Also on either side are the commands for the NPCs. If you have a heavy hitter, like Ashley or Wrex, more than often you can have them rush in, shoot a few then rush out, drawing enemies out for you and the other squad member to shoot.

Shield Boosters and Immunity are very useful in heavy fights. Use them if you got them.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'm playing the PC version, and as the 'soldier' class, I think it was called - supposedly the strongest in combat, I thought. Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I will try to use the pause button for targetting and that shield power more often. I could still really use some info on how to get my squad not to die all the time - they don't seem to take cover when I do.