What are you playing now?

Guest The Architect

Just played some more GTA IV a while back.

I was surprised when I discovered Michelle is actually Karen and is working for the government.

Playing More GTA 4, I just blasted a few dozen union hardhats and hired muscle at a construction yard for X.

I like how the game sort of presents the plot in vignettes, like the rap with Vlad at the start, and then moves after you complete a bunch of missions. Unfortunately, so far it seems I've killed my every employer, which isn't a very productive way to get anywhere in the long run...but, oh well, it's a GTA game afterall.

In Battle Realms, I was completely molested by the Wolf Clan berserkers and werebeasts once I chose to raid the Lotus instead of them and proceeded into Swan's Pool mission which had me facing a massive Wolf army that was not weakened earlier thanks my decision to go after the Lotus warlocks. So, I failed the mission and restarted the game, playing through the campaign until I was again faced with the decision to attack one of the clans.

This time I went against Wolf in their own province and the tactics I learned against Lotus - mainly constant archer harassment and flanking - easily gave Dragon Clan victory over the barbarians! Swan's Pool was considerably easier with Arah, an archer hero I found battling the Wolf, in tow and the enemy(supposedly) weaker. I think I at least faced less pack leaders and beasts, but the bath house was still just about razed to the ground.

I just love the units in this game and the small scale. It's what Warcraft 3 promised to be, instead of a stupid creepfest.

The ballista archers Wolf sends are pretty darn powerful, having considerable health reserves as well. Heh, I hope I get a more powerful melee unit soon, since the Dragon Warriors are pretty mainstay and do not seem to be capable to win against other tier 2 units on their own, despite their wicked looking curved blades and magic. Well, on to Lotus now!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Elder Scrolls: Arena via DOSBox.

How is DOXbox working for you? I had much trouble with it several years ago and had to reinstall XP to fix all the damage it caused. That was a much older version obviously, but I've been rather gunshy about trying to to install it again. Any problems or issues for you?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Any problems or issues for you?

Not really, but I am running Vista on this PC and I have not tried it on my XP machine yet. :p

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Dear Diary,

Today, I uninstalled C&C:Tiberium Wars.

I have to thank Deraldin for his walkthrough earlier, without it, I don't think I would realised how goddamn fed up with the game I was, instead lulling myself into "just try harder, you'll make it" approach. Now, I'm free of stupid publisher-oriented RTS for the time being. And that gives me a great feeling.

Hello and welcome Battle Realms and Hostile Waters!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The Elder Scrolls: Arena via DOSBox.

How is DOXbox working for you? I had much trouble with it several years ago and had to reinstall XP to fix all the damage it caused. That was a much older version obviously, but I've been rather gunshy about trying to to install it again. Any problems or issues for you?

I can not speak for DN, but I've only had good experiences with the current version (which I think has been out for a long while now). Together with dfend version 2 (a graphical front end configuration utility), they make running those old dos games fairly easy. I've played and completed xcom 3, carmageddon 1, tombraider 1 & War in Russia (old strategy game) on it :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think I'll give DOSBox another shot. It beats setting up an old computer just to play old games.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Today, I uninstalled C&C:Tiberium Wars.

I have to thank Deraldin for his walkthrough earlier, without it, I don't think I would realised how goddamn fed up with the game I was, instead lulling myself into "just try harder, you'll make it" approach. Now, I'm free of stupid publisher-oriented RTS for the time being. And that gives me a great feeling.

It really was much easier before. The AI never attacked and mammoth tanks wiped the floor with everything. :sorcerer:

I hadn't realized just how much they had nerfed/buffed some units in the patches otherwise I wouldn't have thought you were such a huge wuss when it comes to RTS games. :shifty:

I think I reached some kind of breaking point when stealth tanks obliterated my Northern firehawk base and vertigoes destroyed my rigs, after which an immense assault by shadow teams and squad upon squad of black hand ate away my defenses.

I'll get the mission won eventually, but right now it feels like I need something else to play, otherwise I'm gonna keel over. The updated AI is a real killer with virtually endless resources.

kirottu said:

Yeah I can imagine what that must be like. Being overwhelmed repeatedly like that is just no fun. It sounds like it would require a total rethink of my strategy for the game just from the fact that they actually use the stealth units.

Oh wow, you guys have me scared to play Kane's Wrath. I need to wait for my new card, but now I'll be skeered right following.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh wow, you guys have me scared to play Kane's Wrath. I need to wait for my new card, but now I'll be skeered right following.

Kane's wrath is quite a bit of fun. The campaign is easy even on the hard difficulty, I won't spoil it but I did not like the story elements to go along with the campaign. I also missed playing GDI, not a Nod fan myself.

The global conquest thingy that comes with the game is a nice idea, though you can tell they didn't put a whole lot of work into it.

Now for my real beef with the game. It constantly desyncs during multiplayer. Whenever a player, be it person or AI, builds several anti-air turrents the game desyncs, it will also desync at random times. My friends and I who like to play over LAN have huge problems even getting through one game. Very annoying, EA has promised a patch to fix this and correct some balance issues no real ETA on that though.

So my advice is to wait until the patch for it comes out. Bleh stupid EA first patch to fix game ending bug comes out 4 months after release :(

Edited by tripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

We were actually discussing missions from the Tiberium Wars, not Kane's Wrath. Kane's Wrath is a little harder than Tiberium Wars was on release, but much easier than a fully patched Tiberium Wars. I wouldn't worry to much. :(

not a Nod fan myself.

Your opinions are officially invalid.

"Prepare...for Ascension"

lol moar like ascen-scri(o)n am i rite?

Back to Battle Realms, I guess. I wish Tiberium Wars had a similar campaign structure, where previous level choices would affect future ones and the campaign could fork for a while, but there was only a hint of that at the start of GDI campaign.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Huzzah! I beat Metroid Prime 2, but I only managed to get 87% of the scans and 71% of the items. Now I can play Prime 3 for the 3.5th time. Damn you Retro for making Hypermode difficulty an unlockable! I don't want to have to beat it again so I can finally play on Hypermode.

Give me your Wii and Metroid Prime 3 or the bunny gets it.