What are you playing now?

played and beat assasins creed again. This Time did EVERYTHING I possibly could at the first opportunity except the flags and templars.

interesting thing I noticed on my second play through, Altiar is missing his ring finger on his left hand (so he can make a fist and allow his hidden blade through.) Also you can fight (counter anyway) with the hidden blade for some REALLY BRUTAL kills. (if you can time it well I oneshotted the final boss with that sucker.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You know I tried making that work (countering with the hidden blade) but couldn't get it to work, so I gave up.. Obviously I sucked at the time, because now I tried it again and it works! Great!!

ahh.. now I can use my favorite weapon ALL the time! :(

Fortune favors the bald.

Just a question about Assassin's Creed: is the combat any fun? I want to buy it, but only if the combat is any good.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sounds awesome... for the first few seconds.

Play for what, then?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ha ha, very funny - look at the title of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and tell me if it does not appear as I wrote it. But, getting back on topic, I am currently playing with video editing software.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just a question about Assassin's Creed: is the combat any fun? I want to buy it, but only if the combat is any good.

You have alot of options, like grabbing people and throwing them around - a long blade, a short blade and a finger blade. But you end up just using the long sword, blocking their attacks and countering, because that's almost always an instant kill in the game. If you want it to be fun, you can jump around, switch weapons - throw people into walls etc. make it cinematic - but that takes forever.

The combat is great for the first couple of hours imo, when you see all of Altairs moves, he does some wicked kills! After that it's still fun, but not so exciting.

The cool stuff is climbing everywhere.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't understand why they fumbled combat in Assassin's Creed. Their previous game, Two Thrones, had some really challenging combat scenes.

Then again, perhaps that's why.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Um, I don't think the "What You are Playing Now" thread needs a daily update when you are playing the same game. Proper forum etiquette also would dictate you say something more than simply the game title. For example:

I'm still playing Age of Conan. I've reached level 17 and I'm almost out of the newbie island. There was a lot of server downtime this weekend, but the game launches officially today, so if you are interested go buy it. It's actually pretty stable if you have a good rig.

In this case, I think DN probably just forgot he had already posted for today, considering the posts are so near each other.

But yeah, there's really no need for an update if there's nothing to bring up-to-date.

I started Golden Sun 2 and then realised that I had yet to play Golden Sun 1! So I'm gonna do just that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I need a new (single player) 360 game... I've pretty much narrowed it down to:

Assassin's Creed

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4 (I can't play online, so only the single player)

Lost Oddyssey (Been a while since I've played a turn-based RPG)

Gears of War

I already know all the spoilers for each game, so that kinda ruins the fun.

Help me decide, please?

I haven't played CoD4 and Lost Odyssey, so I'd say Bioshock, especially if you haven't played the PC's smart FPSes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

CoD4 SP does have some cool parts but is also quite short and probably not really worth choosing above something else if you know beforehand that you won't play MP.

I can easily say that Bioshock was a very interesting experience for me, but you have to want to look around at the architecture and focus on the story to really enjoy it i.e. it doesn't suit itself to just an action game experience.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I need a new (single player) 360 game... I've pretty much narrowed it down to:

Assassin's Creed

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4 (I can't play online, so only the single player)

Lost Oddyssey (Been a while since I've played a turn-based RPG)

Gears of War

I already know all the spoilers for each game, so that kinda ruins the fun.

Help me decide, please?

Also, have you thought about Dead Rising or Lost Planet?

I already have Lost Planet, and I've thought about Orange Box and Deadrising, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like Deadrising. Orange Box might be fun, but the demo kinda threw me off.

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I think I'll go with either Bioshock or Orange Box. o:)

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY