Aliens RPG vs. Alpha Protocol

mkreku

Most anticipated?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Obsidian's projects are you most looking forward to?

• Aliens RPG
    • Alpha Protocol

So.. time for the most burning questions of the CENTURY!

Which of Obsidian Entertainment's current projects seems the most interesting to you? Which one gets your juices flowing the most? If you had to choose just one game to play from these two potential masterpieces, which would it be? If you were to be stranded alone on a distant island (with a powerful computer, food and electricity to last you a game's lifetime.. and no access to pr0n), which of these two titles would you bring? If you were abducted by aliens.. nevermind.

Just choose.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Knowing so little about either game, it's hard to vote. Thinking just of the concept, a modern-day setting is great and more interesting than either sci-fi or fantasy, but I'm sure the Aliens RPG will be good, too.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I am leaning towards Aliens at the moment, but that is based entirely on setting. I have no clue who Bauer or Bourne are and never got into the Frederick Forsyth stuff either :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Probably AP, based solely on greater familiarity with the source material/inspiration.

(I liked Alien well enough, but I've never gotten around to seeing more than bits and pieces of any of the sequels.)

I honestly don't know. I'm pretty disappointed at Alpha's apparent preset male character. However, I don't know enough about either of them to make a decision. It could very well be that neither game will be my cuppa, although I have purchased and loved what Obsidian has so far given us. I purchased NWN2 the day it was released. I doubt I'll do so for either of the upcoming projects, unless I know a great deal more than I know so far. They both sound a bit iffy to me at this point.

On one hand, Alpha Protocol looks awesome and it's an RPG not set in a fantasy or sifi setting so thats a big plus but on the other hand I really love the Alien series...

I think at the mo, I'm going to hold off the vote until I know more about both. It will be close.

Alpha Protocol. A real world RPG is something I've been wanting for a long time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bug hunt.

Seconded. Smart guns, low-tech scifi, Gigerian vistas and claustrophobic dungeoneering are selling points for me.

I'll get Alpha Protocol on the release day as well.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Maybe I should chime in to my own thread..

I'm pretty stoked about both (naturally), but I've been getting these Deus Ex flashbacks the last couple of days just thinking about Alpha Protocol and what it could become, so much so that it's sailed right up to the top part of my list of games I'm looking forward to. I'm probably going to be hugely disappointed, but that's life.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!