Aliens RPG vs. Alpha Protocol

mkreku

Most anticipated?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Obsidian's projects are you most looking forward to?

• Aliens RPG
    • Alpha Protocol

Wow. I figured this poll would be a no-brainer in favour of Alpha Protocol. Not by a long shot.

Rather, a pretty close 50/50. I think a real-world RPG will be better than another aleins/sci-fi RPG.

Twitter | @Insevin

Wow. I figured this poll would be a no-brainer in favour of Alpha Protocol. Not by a long shot.

Rather, a pretty close 50/50. I think a real-world RPG will be better than another aleins/sci-fi RPG.

Agreed. I'm certainly looking forward to Aliens, but that's because of the company making it, not the setting itself. Whereas for AP, both the style/setting and the company working on it have me excited. :p

Hard choice, but I had to go for Aliens RPG

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm more excited about Aliens, because we're finally going to get to see JE do his thing from start to finish. In the past he's had many theories about how games should work that I've agreed with, so that makes me very curious. And I also think the setting is a bit more interesting, so there's that.

Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to AP, I am. The Mitsoda/Avellone team does seem like a match made in heaven. Unless they get in each others way, but I'm sure that will be fine. But the spy stuff never managed to get me all that excited. Never was a Bond fan and was underwhelmed by the Bourne Identity (to the degree where I haven't seen the rest of them). I do like 24 though, but it's not enough for AP to beat out Alien.

I'm certainly looking forward to Aliens, but that's because of the company making it, not the setting itself. Whereas for AP, both the style/setting and the company working on it have me excited. :)

Same. I'm a fan of the Aliens series (I don't even hate 3 or 4) but I'm a sucker for modern day stealth/assassin stuff. Rap that up in an RPG coating and it's time for Hell Kitty to change his pants.

Plus I love the Bourne films and New Bond.

Edited by Hell Kitty