What are you playing now?

Darque

Hehe, that's so true. I love my paladin because I don't need to be fast to survive battles. I've been playing lately will feeding a baby with one arm, and it's been great. Not many other classes allow that flexibility.

Not many would call that actually playing.

To each their own, again.

I just finished another mod for HL 2. This time it was about 3 hour trek in the boots of Cpl. Adrian Shephard. The plot itself is fairly stupid, telling how Shephard was supposedly the one who prior to HL 2 events unleashed antlion upon the world as some kind of countermeasure for combine. Blah, there was no plot to speak, but you were sort of dragged through levels that had hardly anything to do with each other(the credits hinted that parts of them were actually recycled dm_ missions) and finally thrown to the Citadel to unlock some kind of neregy field keeping the antlions out of the world. Why they hadn't actually buried out by themselves was a mystery to me, but whatever.

Level design, however, was great and several levels had a nice use of space, not to mention themes that actually fit the HL 2 milieu and were still original in the context, like the ex-Soviet Nuclear Sub Base which was chockfull of zombines and the whole wintry theme that pervaded the three early episodes. Refreshing, although the actualy snow texture looked like recolored sand or rock. I was too busy shooting to notice it all that often though.

Voice acting was subpar, especially since the modders decided to use the old HL 2 characters instead of making a bunch of new ones whose voices would be justified. Now G-Man, Kleiner and folks just sounded akward.

Funny thing, this mod had a huge team and didn't entertainn me all that much, while the Ravenholm mod sported a couple of slavs and made a superbly compelling experience, even though they used the same thematic elements the original Ravenholm chapter did, with the exception of Combine presence in the town in the form of nasty ambushes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

paladins0gf.jpg

That's the funniest post I've ever read in my entire life.

I'm going to have it printed and framed. Seriously.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That is the darndest, funniest, forum post I've ever seen.

And Hurlshot, one of my complaints while trying to play a warrior is that there's too much skill usage required. It doesn't feel warrior-ly to me. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but melee with too much skill-damage usage reliance is more of .... a warrior-mage with disgused 'spells'. 'Rage' is just an odd form of mana....

So what's the difference with the paladin? More about casting buffs that last a bit, then just auto-whack, or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That is the darndest, funniest, forum post I've ever seen.

And Hurlshot, one of my complaints while trying to play a warrior is that there's too much skill usage required. It doesn't feel warrior-ly to me. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but melee with too much skill-damage usage reliance is more of .... a warrior-mage with disgused 'spells'. 'Rage' is just an odd form of mana....

So what's the difference with the paladin? More about casting buffs that last a bit, then just auto-whack, or something?

Pali's have a few good buffs, but they really just have an insane armor rating. They are hard to kill, even if the person behind the character is doing nothing. Couple that with a divine shield that makes them invulnerable for 10 seconds and a spell that recovers all their health at the touch of a button (no casting time) and they can survive longer against really bad odds.

The trade off is Pali's have very little DPS ability. I can kill demons and undead pretty well, but everything else is just me whacking with an occassional stunning. There is a bit more than that, but it's not a complicated class. They also can heal, although that's a mana drain.

Honestly though, this is only against stuff below my level. When fighting a monster a few levels higher, I do have to work hard to balance my mana, health, different judgements, and explosives.

Edited by Hurlshot

When fighting a monster a few levels higher, I do have to work hard to balance my mana, health, different judgements, and explosives.

I think that's true of all the classes, really. Encourages co-op play, I imagine. :thumbsup:

A friend and I tried to do the panther mastery quest in SV when it was still red. We failed miserably. Unique with a yellow border and red. Hahaha. Fun trying tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A friend and I have discovered the magic of Tiger Woods something something golf game. Its pretty fun and seems to go well with "bingers" as I believe I've heard them called. Not really a big masturbator's game, though.

Edit:Spellmar

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Enjoyed some good ol' NWN action last night. It's interesting that we're allowed to kill the false helmites sprinkled around the city, though with care else nearby ignorant citizenry will come to their defense. The FH provide anywhere from 23 to over 200 XP depending on my character's level and which FH is killed. Alas, this has no other impact on the game. I was hoping to reduce the number of Desther's henchmen before the battle in the castle. I like a lot of things about the NWN OC, but not the lack of impact we're allowed to make on our environment.

I'm starting Fallout Tactics now.

Gonna be sweet, a stealth build.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

noonelivesforever2asinwpv1.jpg

Has Monolith ever made even a mediocre game? Tron 2.0 seems like it was their downpoint and that was still a very good game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wasn't Blood 2 awful?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

- Something called Kabus 22. No it's not the 22nd installment of a series. It's an indy game project from three Turkish guys. Basically, it's an RE clone... Pretty bad one actually.

k221ae1.th.jpg

- Puzzle Quest. (PSP version)

centinexx.png

I have been playing Icewind Dale 2 for a while. A good game to play during the Summer months.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fallout 2 again

again

again

again

is it just me, or is this game damn cool? :aiee:

Just you. Nobody else likes that game.

Nobody.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Uh-huh. It's like it's predecessor, everybody instantly forgot the thing.

Inconsequently, Fallout Tactics is going fine. I'm not far, I'm actually only at the first level, but I can feel the good old JA feel come about. Group tactics, cover, first aid, flanking and stealth, it's all there. The model is so well ingrained in me, that I find the system intuitive and find myself it enjoying quite a bit.

kirottu said: