What are you playing now?

Darque

I've never once killed a group character before. But I just killed Minsc. I had in a hard place where it was choose between Minsc and Dynaheir or Edwin. Though I love Minsc and his loveable hamster, I have no room for his girlfriend along as baggage!

Edit: Just got the gender changing girdle. So, I put it on Edwin. More games should be so bold!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If she's so cool, then how comes she lets Irenicus kill her? Just like Khalid.

designer fiat?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

designer fiat?

EHHHH!

Correct answer: Minsc got her killed.

I laughed so hard when Edwin completed his Nether Scroll quest and I took him to the Copper Coronet to meet the guy who always flirts with your female companions.. :down:

Fortune favors the bald.

Still playing Bioware's abandoned NWN OC, with probably more bugs than NWN2's OC. Here's a very small sample of well-known bugs that haven't been fixed after several years:

- The ogre guarding the Orc King's treasure has an orc description.

- Ander always thinks his friends are dead, even when they aren't, and we're not allowed to tell him one way or the other.

- The plot line involving Vardoc activates immediately after the "Rescue Neva" plot line begins, rather than after it ends. Often in my games Vardoc's plot line ends long before Neva's does because I'm still busy clearing the north road. This makes the notes nonsensical since they refer to events in the order they SHOULD be happening. It also has the side effect of allowing the player to complete Chapter 2 too early, since Vardoc's note qualifies as a critical piece of evidence. I prefer to clear all areas, so I usually end up stuffing Vardoc's note in a chest.

- There are many cases of NPCs waiting until Near Death in combat before they switch to neutral for dialog purposes, but an exceptionally strong character scoring a critical hit on the last strike (thus killing the NPC) can cause the player to miss these dialogs. In some cases this has a direct impact on quest outcome, as with the werewolves in Port Llast, for example. Therefore, when I know such an encounter is iminent, I quick-save and use cheat codes to reduce my strength.

I like the OC's story, but I wish Bioware would take a little more pride in their work and make some fixes for it. At least the campaign is editable in the toolset, so if I ever get time I can fix these things myself.

Bioware's track record of abandoning their OCs after one or two patches causes me to wonder what they'll do with DA after it's released.

Edit: typos!

Edited by Wistrik

I've never once killed a group character before. But I just killed Minsc. I had in a hard place where it was choose between Minsc and Dynaheir or Edwin. Though I love Minsc and his loveable hamster, I have no room for his girlfriend along as baggage!

Edit: Just got the gender changing girdle. So, I put it on Edwin. More games should be so bold!

I use the old trick of taking the unwanted NPC into a building I won't be (re)visiting, such as a private home, and having them leave the party while inside. Then I select my main character who is outside with the rest of the party, and continue the adventure. I tend to keep Jaheira, Minsc, and Imoen in BG1, so it was like a family reunion the first time I started BG2. It never crossed my mind to dual-class Imoen to mage so that change surprised me.

I think the only reason they dual-classed Imoen is so the cowled wizards would have an excuse to take her. I wish I could de-dual class her because I need the Thief in BG2.

Nah, Imoen was begging to be dual classed to a mage even in BG1. Her high intelligence was there for a reason.

Also, it seems to me that the party Bioware gives us at the start of BG2 was the one they considered to be the most widely used by BG1 players. Imoen because you start off with her, Jaheira and Khalid because of Gorion, and Minsc and Dynaheir because of Boo.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There's a ring that boosts Thief skills enough for Imoen to work as both a mage and rogue, but I can't remember the name right now. I always used Imoen, because the mix of classes was handy.

Now that I think about it, the devs had some weird peeve against thieves in the game, nothing but dual-classed and the only pure one bites the dust thirdway through the game.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Apparently the noisy forumites of the day had a common practice of dual-classing Imoen to mage (around level 6 or 7) because of her high (18) INT, so Bioware decided that was the Cool Thing to do for BG2. That's the story I've heard repeatedly. I was one of the silent majority who disagreed with this choice.

You can use tools like Near Infinity or Shadowkeeper to change Imoen back to a regular thief. You'd still have to deal with the abduction and some dialogs in which she refers to herself as an arch-mage, but at least you'd have a pure thief later in the game. There might even be a mod out there that does this already, so look around first.

Edit: (slow) response to Tale; got lost in thought while typing.

Edited by Wistrik

There's a ring that boosts Thief skills enough for Imoen to work as both a mage and rogue, but I can't remember the name right now. I always used Imoen, because the mix of classes was handy.

Now that I think about it, the devs had some weird peeve against thieves in the game, nothing but dual-classed and the only pure one bites the dust thirdway through the game.

He was a Bounty Hunter, too. So he has a penalty on his thieving skills.

Imoen already had enough thiefy skills for just anything that you would run across in the game. There were a couple rings, a few boots, a pair of gloves and some armour (bye-bye spell casting) that would increase thiefy skills though.

You could save the one thief, but that required you to kinda cheat and required you to know about what was going to happen before hand.

I don't prefer to metagame. I have occasionally done it, especially with Infinity games, but I'd prefer not to.

I liked the ring because there really weren't all that many vital rings for a rogue/mage unlike other items.

Edit: I decided to buy CoR:EfBB, because the stealth elements appealed to in the demo version. And because I found a certain familiar bastard from the wastelands of FOT, hehhee. >_<

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I don't prefer to metagame. I have occasionally done it, especially with Infinity games, but I'd prefer not to.

I liked the ring because there really weren't all that many vital rings for a rogue/mage unlike other items.

The most useful thief ring I can think of was the Ring of Lockpicks which gave you a decent bonus to lock picking, oddly enough. :D The only ring with a higher bonus was the really expensive Mercykiller's ring, but it only gave a bonus to snares and hiding. Invisibility spell > stealth. The only vital mage rings I can think of were the ones that gave bonuses to spells.

What was the mage ring you got from clearing Planar Sphere, from Valygar's papa? Ring of Wizardry? That was insanely useful.

kirottu said:

What was the mage ring you got from clearing Planar Sphere, from Valygar's papa? Ring of Wizardry? That was insanely useful.

No. That was the Ring of Acuity. Gave you extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th level spells. I think the Ring of Wizardry gave extra 5th, 6th and 7th level spells. IIRC you could have your apprentices craft that as part of the Mage Stronghold.

Edited by Deraldin

Oh, ok. I never finished the Stronghold quests there, mainly because I was too busy kicking dragon buttocks over at the countryside. I do think I finished every other Stronghold questline, with maybe the exclusion of Thief Guild, which failed because I spend so long a time in Underdark, hah.

kirottu said: