What are you playing now?

Darque

I played Extraction Point. It's not made by Monolith and ultimately does not explain anything. But I actually found it scary at times. Monolith made a point to ensure that you knew enemies were there before you saw them or they first saw you, this gave you the opportunity to decide how you want to approach a situation. This other studio doesn't make as much a point to do that as Monolith did, so on occasion you could walk right up to an enemy without knowing he's there.

oh.... So Monolith didn't make it. :ermm: (shudders from Doom3 Expansion)

Ill scratch that, and wait till there next FEAR based game comes out. Id really like to see a NOLF game again. :teehee:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Sierra seems to like to do that. Half-Life: Opposing Force, Alien vs Predator 2: Primal Hunt (originally made by Monolith as well), and now FEAR: Extraction Point

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Quake Wars beta as of today. Pretty cool game but I doubt I will buy it since it doesn't really bring anything new to the table at all. I mean it reminds me of ut 2006 beta just battlefield 1942ified, which is kind of worse in some aspects.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I just started playing a game of Balur's Gate. I just finished killing Mulahey and liberating Xan.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm playing the Double click NeverWinter nights 2 game and hope SecuROM lets me play the game i bought! This sucks, I've never had such crap on my computer. How dare Atari make me install such rubbish! My Disc is immaculate and it still wont let me play, hmmph! :o

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I am deciding between finishing Chrono Trigger and starting up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Edit: response to WITHTEETH

I'm not surprised. The EXE shows signs of obfuscation/compression and other security methods (entire segments devoted to Securom), etc. They also use some wacky segment names. In 1.05 a large segment was named Bibendum, after the Michelin Man. Now it's named Artem, whatever that refers to (rings a bell but I can't make a connection). It's a shame the devs have to waste resources on security code. It's a two-edged sword, as your experience shows. When it bites the legitimate user, it's gone too far.

The game starts up okay for me, with a Samsung DVD r/w unit, but it spends a few seconds examining the disc. It's irritating, and I'm glad NWN doesn't do this.

Edited by Wistrik

I just get no CD patches or fixes to bypass Securom. I don't update unless I can get a No CD fix for the new version of the game. The best way to beat SecuROM. Those types of copy protection is just lame. Why punish legit users?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Have you considered a No-CD crack?
I never used a No-CD Crack, since I always bought the game because I strongly believe in supporting the developers, its not like the programmers are making millions, (the majority at least.) But I can definitely see a moral upright reason for people to use one! Ill checkit out, thanks Deraldin!

I buy my games as well, but I use them for several reasons. Some are to avoid the securom issues, while with others I find I'm much more likely to play a game if I don't have to go hunting for a disk beforehand. Just make sure to keep the original .EXE around for patching purposes.

Now to wait for the stores to open so I can go check if they have Overlord today. :bat:

Edited by Deraldin

I also think that buying the game is important. I don't pirate software myself, and in the past I tend to buy games from developers I want to support. However, hunting for that DVD/CD can be quite annoying.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I've never had any problems finding my CDs or DVDs.