What are you playing now?

Darque

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I played it before at a friend's house on a PS2, and got to the 2nd city. Now I bought it for the 360 since it's BC. I'm slowly going through it, I'm in no rush. Hopefully it will keep me occupied until June.

I'm currently waiting for Dreamfall to arrive with the mail.. it should be here in the morrow! I hope I don't go nuts in the meantime :sweat:

I'm playing it right now. :mellow:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm trying to play the expansion paqrt of oblivion now that i finished most of the other quests but i seem to have a problem. I cant enter the "strange door", even after the guy came out crazy and the soldier slaughtered him. No matter how long i wait. One problem, after another with this game. Am i just missing something people? :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Currently going through Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. It's being somewhat hit and miss. I enjoy the setting and the focus on stealth and exploration - even if the latter is harmed by a considerably restrictive environment there's a couple of situations which can be handled differently. The combat isn't very difficult considering enemies aren't very sharp - though I'm playing in the second difficulty level since harder modes apparently need to be unlocked (!) - and stealth kills are at least there.

By far the most frustrating experience so far as been escaping the Gilman hotel since the escape sequence requires a very fixed set of movements and actions, and learning them is a clear trial and error process instead of a more fluid, open-ended scenario. Also, the possible paranoia system (which induces paranoia and dementia on the main character if he is exposed to too many gruesome or disturbing situations) is nice but tricky to manage since - at least from a first time player perspective - it requires you don't explore and find the situations in the first place, thus presenting the paradox of wanting you to experience all the game's details but requiring you to not expose yourself to them.

There's all kinds of neato stuff as well, such as the healing system. As in other games you'll find healing kits but these don't work as your standard healing items in other games where all you need to do is walk over them to be healed - you need to use it so you can heal specific body parts. The game employs a location-based hit system (for instance, a shot to the legs will have you move slower during the effect's duration) and you need to specify you want to heal that particular body part in the character screen. You even have different items in medkits to do this, such as gauze and sutures.

At this moment, Call of Cthulhu is shaping up to be an unsung hero, a horror adventure underdog which definitely is a few notches above the usual Resident Evilesque affair but goes by unnoticed due to poor advertising and development hell.

Edited by Role-Player

What was it that people found so difficult about Nightmare? I didn't think any of them were particularly hard. The plant thing was the most infuriating for me. First I could never remember how to get to it and anyone who's faced it knows what the second reason was. >_<

The plant was tricky but there was a wider hitbox than that of Nightmare. If you failed to hit that precise spot you'd spend your missiles quickly without hitting anything. He also did moderate damage.

In hindsight though, that's pretty much how I nailed the second form of the Security Bot - by finding a flaw in the hit detection and scoring hits against it by pointing at a very specific set of pixels.

The annoying part about the plant were the spores. They repeatedly knocked me off the top pillar and into the water. I thought Nightmare had a relatively large hitbox in his final form. The second part where was the most difficult. Dodging and shooting in slow mo. Almost as annoying as trying to run in water.

I seem to recall that the second security bot form being quite easy due to it not being able to reach the end of the room. IIRC you could hang out on the far left at the edge of the grip bar and he can't hit you there.

I just started a new scenario for Airborne Assault - Highway to the Reich, an operational wargame portraying Market Garden. I'm playing as the Amie paratroopers tasked with capturing Eindhoven.

I haven't actually *issued* any commands yet, but I've just spent about a whole freaking hour just making out a battle plan (which won't survive first contact with the enemy anyway), taking into account the positioning of my units, areas and timing of reinforcements, local geography, potentials fronts that the enemy could attack in, which bridges I have to capture while avoiding having the enemy detonate them, etc. <3 wargames.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm currently waiting for Dreamfall to arrive with the mail.. it should be here in the morrow! I hope I don't go nuts in the meantime :sweat:
I love that game! I thought TLJ was a bit better, but this story is still fantastic too. >_<

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I played it before at a friend's house on a PS2, and got to the 2nd city. Now I bought it for the 360 since it's BC. I'm slowly going through it, I'm in no rush. Hopefully it will keep me occupied until June.

GTASA will easily keep you busy till June of 08

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I found a mod that increases the drawing distance for the PC version of GTA: San Andreas. It made it possible to stand in one town and see all the way to the next town. It looks so awesome! I love that game, although I must say it's way better on the PC than on the PS2 (yes, I own both versions..).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm currently waiting for Dreamfall to arrive with the mail.. it should be here in the morrow! I hope I don't go nuts in the meantime >_<

Heh, I am waiting for TLJ to arrive in the mail. I have the older non-XP version so I decided to get the updated one. I've been playing Dreamfall and have forgotten older portions of the story, so I'm looking forward to playing TLJ again.

I didn't find Dreamfall to be very good...

Well, the story is great, but as a game it really doesn't work well at all. It seems like it would be a lot better if it was done in book form or as a film.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I didn't find Dreamfall to be very good...

Well, the story is great, but as a game it really doesn't work well at all. It seems like it would be a lot better if it was done in book form or as a film.

Story so far is excellent - and the puzzles are easy enough.. while still requiring you to do alittle creative thinking.. much like the old game..

what's up with that girl btw? I just went to her "realm - winter - thingie" and there's definitely a "Ring" feeling to her.. :(

also great to see some of the old cast as well (and actually seeing them, as the graphics in TLJ were quite horrific when it came to faces) !

Fortune favors the bald.

I finished Titan Quest/Immortal Throne last night. Immortal Throne's additional Act4 was the best act, although the end 'level maze' of stairs and prison rooms became a little bit tedious to traverse. I was expecting the boss monster to be harder, even if I did have two pet minions to help me out. :( I'm glad I didn't buy it when first released, tho, because the original three Acts don't make for a very long game. But $19 for the original and $30 for the expansion feels like I'm getting a whole game for normal price. Hehe.

All in all, I really enjoyed the action-rpg romp the game gives.

Now comes the question of whether I want to play Epic difficulty or start a new Mastery combo character. Hmm.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Currently replaying HL2. Still looks amazing with the latest texture mod installed. Why can't all FPS be of the same quality as HL2? Really, i think HL2, HL2:EP1 (and perhaps chronicles of riddick aswell) were the only FPS i enjoyed playing, in the last three years (FEAR was pretty average, FarCry was good until the monkeys showed up.)

Edited by SpaceAlex