What are you playing now?

Darque

That is why a battle axe is so very handy in those situations.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just discovered that as long as I don't die I can do quite well at Geometry Wars. The moment I lose one life, I apparently lose any and all skill at the game and will lose the rest of them over the course of the next 30 seconds. I managed to get up to 500k points without losing a life and then lost 7 lives in less than a minute. :thumbsup:

I managed to grab both Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isle cheap, so I'll likely reinstall Oblivion and do some more aimless wandering around Cyrodill until boredom sets in again, but for the moment, I'm playing Prince of Persia Classic on Xbox Live. The controls are just about as frustrating as I remember them being, but it's good fun once you get a feel for the prince's movement / reaction timing again.

Those two should keep me busy until Overlord comes out next week, at the very least.

I have a friend playing NWN2, I see it on XFire, so I message him.

Tale: Kill them all.

Jaron: You are now in a No PVP area.

Tale: damn****

Jaron: my half orc fighter/frenzied berserker could probably pwn the 3 of them. maybe.

Tale: Such a powergaming whore.

Jaron: improved critical (greataxe)

Jaron: improved critical (greatsword)

Jaron: monkey grip

Jaron: two-weapon fighting

Tale: Apparently you're not only a powergaming whore, but you're also severely retarded.

Jaron: weapon focus (greatsword)

Jaron: hahahaha

Jaron: i'm teh awesum

That's a nice feat selection.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have a friend playing NWN2, I see it on XFire, so I message him.

Tale: Kill them all.

Jaron: You are now in a No PVP area.

Tale: damn****

Jaron: my half orc fighter/frenzied berserker could probably pwn the 3 of them. maybe.

Tale: Such a powergaming whore.

Jaron: improved critical (greataxe)

Jaron: improved critical (greatsword)

Jaron: monkey grip

Jaron: two-weapon fighting

Tale: Apparently you're not only a powergaming whore, but you're also severely retarded.

Jaron: weapon focus (greatsword)

Jaron: hahahaha

Jaron: i'm teh awesum

That's a nice feat selection.

That's craptacular feat selection for a powergamer. Why is he using two different weapons? That just means that he has to spread out his feats needlessly instead of concentrating them on one weapon.

Because it made him look cool. I think that's a good enough reason as any.

Jaron: i also bash down all the doors i see

Jaron: even if they're already open, i bash them until they die

Jaron: we're in ammon jerro's haven

Tale: That is awesome.

Jaron: shandra is a hot *****. it was lust at first sight.

Tale: I smell a long and fulfilling relationship.

I didn't have the heart to tell him.

Edited by Tale

Because it made him look cool. I think that's a good enough reason as any.

Jaron: i also bash down all the doors i see

Jaron: even if they're already open, i bash them until they die

Jaron: we're in ammon jerro's haven

Tale: That is awesome.

Jaron: shandra is a hot bitch. it was lust at first sight.

Tale: I smell a long and fulfilling relationship.

I didn't have the heart to tell him.

If you don't have a heart, wouldn't that make it easier to tell him? You know you want to...

Eh, I've ruined my credibility already when I went around claiming that Jack Sparrow died at the end of PotC3.

I think that my halfling rogue/fighter/weapon master focusing on the kukri can take him out.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Just the criticals and sneak attacks. Normal attacks would get through and she would get better chances in actually hitting that his character would.

Just the criticals and sneak attacks. Normal attacks would get through and she would get better chances in actually hitting that his character would.

Yeah, but your base damage would be all of 1d4 while his character is doing 2d6 or 1d12. He has triple weapon damage for his attacks. And his chance to hit would probably be pretty close with the BAB that you lose from the rogue levels.

Not really.

Rogues use the Average BAB, while Fighter and Weapon Master use the Good BAB progress. Using a two handed weapon with one hand gives a -2 penalty to hit. Using to weapons of large size gives another -4 penalty. This is ontop of the normal -2 penalty for dual wielding (assuming he has all the feats). That is a total of -8 to hit. His Melee Attack would be a good five points lower than mine.

Add in Weapon Finesse, and my character's high armor class due to racial size, feats, and dexterity, along with what would be a kickin mithril chain shirt my armor class will be quite high with a high attack bonus while he would be relying on his fortification to protect him and a much lower attack bonus.

Not really.

Rogues use the Average BAB, while Fighter and Weapon Master use the Good BAB progress. Using a two handed weapon with one hand gives a -2 penalty to hit. Using to weapons of large size gives another -4 penalty. This is ontop of the normal -2 penalty for dual wielding (assuming he has all the feats). That is a total of -8 to hit. His Melee Attack would be a good five points lower than mine.

Add in Weapon Finesse, and my character's high armor class due to racial size, feats, and dexterity, along with what would be a kickin mithril chain shirt my armor class will be quite high with a high attack bonus while he would be relying on his fortification to protect him and a much lower attack bonus.

I had an entire post written up about how wrong you where. Basically came down to you having the higher AC, but the barb having massive hit point bonuses and a better attack bonus despite the -8 from dual-wielding, but finally realized the whole thing was pointless to compare unless we had actual stats for the two characters. The balance shifted a little more when I realized that the barb could forgo the fortification since he's already immune to your sneak attacks and the increased AC would be of more use that not having to worry about Crits on a weapon that wouldn't deal as much damage on a crit as the barbs would on a regular hit.

Yeah, besides this is kind of dwindling into basic ****-waving and posturing which is never any good. Hmmm... I need to find that old character file and maybe rework her a little.

I think my giving up gaming isn't working out to well. :sorcerer:

Edited by Sand

Sand made this historical decision (that lasted for few days) after seeing some screenies of F3 IIRC

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think my giving up gaming isn't working out to well. :ermm:

What's this I hear? When did you give up gaming, Visc, and more importantly, why? :sad:

Well, it seems that nearly every game, even CRPGs, that are being released are twitchfests with only one or two exceptions. As you and everyone knows my manual reflexes is not the greatest in this area. I figure that instead of going through with frustration with game after game it would just be better if I bow out from gaming altogether.

Edited by Sand

You could start playing turn based strategies and adventure games.

I have tried to use games like Stalker and Oblivion to help hone my reflexes but its didn't go so well. In the case of Stalker I need a better computer. I have played a number of strategy games so I could still play those I guess, but they rarely have a story to them that keeps me interested.

I have tried to use games like Stalker and Oblivion to help hone my reflexes but its didn't go so well. In the case of Stalker I need a better computer. I have played a number of strategy games so I could still play those I guess, but they rarely have a story to them that keeps me interested.

Adveeeeenture games.

As long as it's not a Myst game they have stories and usually more a focus on them than CRPGs nowadays.

Edited by Tale

Which one's would you suggest?