What are you playing now?

Darque

I recently started working through Advance Wars 2 again. I've managed to S rank every level through Orange Star and Blue Moon except for two in Blue Moon (one was an A rank and the other was a B :ermm: rank.) The A was the secret lab mission. I got an A because I didn't kill enough enemy units. On the other hand I beat it in under ten days. The B rank was the mission where you have to hold out for 14 days with Colin while waiting for reinforcements. The only way I've ever managed to beat that level is through spamming so many infantry the enemy can't kill them fast enough before time runs out. Doesn't exactly do wonders for your score though. ;)

If only I could find my copy of Advance Wars 1. My little brother lost it on me and I think I may have to buy a new one. :sad:

Edited by Deraldin

You're just a rationalizing psychopath! :grin:

Shall I add that to the obsessive-compulsive from earlier? :p

Why not, I do. :)

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. :lol:

So, Jags, is the ranking: Freelancer, Space Rangers and then Darkstar One?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. :ermm:

Don! Long time no see! Where've you been?

I'm currently goin' through various games my friend "loaned" to. Among them probably the best being King of Dragon Pass and Fallout:Tactics.

Summer is eating my playing time though. Heh, I'm not bothered.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. :x

I'm currently goin' through various games my friend "loaned" to. Among them probably the best being King of Dragon Pass and Fallout:Tactics.

Summer is eating my playing time though. Heh, I'm not bothered.

Ahhh Kings of Dragon Pass...that game was pretty sweet from what I can remember...although damn hard. Good luck with it :ermm:

Currently playing Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon.

After being betrayed by seemingly innocuous friends of the vampiric circle, I was encased in my own coffin and dumped in the middle of the ocean causing me to fall into a deep state of torpor. But thanks to the aid of the ever intrepid Polly, we managed to lure a Japanese tourist shop to our rescue, of whom naturally we left for dead with with booty to boot (hence my recent "acquisition" of a PS3).

Image109.jpg

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. ;)

So, Jags, is the ranking: Freelancer, Space Rangers and then Darkstar One?

I would say that ranking is just about right among the Arcadian Space Sims (as in you're flying along and you can "break" as if you had tires gripping the road as hard as Paris Hilton is holding out for the opportunity for house arrest; also, space navigation is actually feasible through the cunning use of way-points; further, ships move nice and easily and as frequently has Hades sadly attempts to flirt with Darque; lastly, trading is simply yet additively implemented and basically consists of buying low and selling high).

However, out of the games from recent times, the rankings would probably be X3, X2, and Eve-Online out of the Newtonian Space Sims (as in you're flying really fast and cut power to the engines but continue to spiral along like an unwanted Jorian on a spamming spree; also, space navigation consists of aimlessly wandering through space with the glimmer of hope of encountering something to shoot at, however, upon the realization that there really will never ever be anything to shoot at, you start shooting at random pieces of rock (AKA "mining") and pretend that something special will rather fortuitously pop out; further, ships move about as fast as a knocked-up Rosie O'Donnell and react much slower when subjected to hostile fire; and lastly, even an economics degree from Harvard School of Business WILL NOT guarantee you fiscal success, as you watch your credits slowly dwindle before your very eyes into the depths of space where only Chuck Norris can hear you scream).

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Heroes of Might and Magic III. I found it while cleaning out my desk.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just finished clearing out Yellow comet in Advance Wars 2. I should probably say "almost" cleared out. I forgot to get the map to the hidden lab again. In 8 plays I think I've only picked up the map once and that was by accident. It's in one of the three initial levels that open up and the level doesn't say anything about the hidden map. Usually you get some hint during the pre-fight conversation, but not on this level. It's damned annoying. Guess I'll have to deal with not having Neotanks for Yellow Comet CO's. Kanbei with Neotanks is nasty. Really expensive, but if you can get out a couple of those tanks you can steamroll just about anything on land.

I only managed a B rank on the factory mission. I was a little slow and only got 80 points for that, but Power is what really killed me. Somehow killing 3 units for every one I created and only losing 3 units total somehow managed to get me really get me 50 points for Power and 80 for Technique.. >_<

I loved EVE. My character probably has Battlecruiser V. So close to Command Ships that I'm tempted to go back for the possibility of Damnation and Absolution.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."