What are you playing now?

Darque

Goddamn Shinra-sneak scene

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I enjoyed running my horse across mountains ...

Did you ever run the horse down the mountains really fast? You can actually kill it o:)

Yeah, I was most upset when he finally died; after I had run up and down every mountain for hours, he seemed to trip or something and instantly died. Talk about ruining my metagaming mood!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm getting frustrated by God of War. The game it lots of fun, but the platforming sections are just aggravating. I'm at a point where I have to jump across a set of moving platforms with saws going between them. Then I have to go back, which is harder because you're jumping towards the camera this time, and then you have to go back across a third time.

Bloody frickin' heck. I've died three times on the return trip. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A friend of mine is trying out Eve Online....so I am too :]

Awesome game. I consider going back from time to time. What annoys me is the sheer number of people that take their internet spaceships way too seriously.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm getting frustrated by God of War. The game it lots of fun, but the platforming sections are just aggravating. I'm at a point where I have to jump across a set of moving platforms with saws going between them. Then I have to go back, which is harder because you're jumping towards the camera this time, and then you have to go back across a third time.

Bloody frickin' heck. I've died three times on the return trip. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I remember that from Psychonauts too. A throughout "Excellent" game with tons of cool humor, but the jumping stuff made me sometimes very jumpy too. :ermm:

Picked up ESPN NBA 2K5 used for $1.99 yesterday for my Xbox. It's a nice update to the 2K1 edition I remember fondly from my Dreamcast days. Sega Sports could always make a great basketball game.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Re-playing Shin Megami Tensei: The Lucifer's Call(Nocturne)

Actually, I'll be playing lots of JRPGs until this November.

What happens in November?

Will I regret asking this question..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Re-playing Shin Megami Tensei: The Lucifer's Call(Nocturne)

Actually, I'll be playing lots of JRPGs until this November.

What happens in November?

Will I regret asking this question..?

I'm going to army for a year.

centinexx.png

You know, they are making a movie out of the Metal Gear franchise.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

ESPN NFL 2K5 was also excellent (PS2) and at $19.99 brand new, a great deal. Does Sega make all of the ESPN franchise games?

Not anymore. Sega Sports and Visual Concepts could always give EA a run for their money. Their games always had the edge graphically and I've always thought their controls were more intuitive. But EA's got such a stranglehold on the console sports arena that Sega had to use slick marketing moves like the $19.99 brand new deal -- which is cool for the consumer, but don't expect to see any more of it (see the text I've bolded below).

Leading publisher Electronic Arts has struck a further blow against competitors in the sports game market, signing an exclusive 15 year deal with sports broadcaster, and former Take Two / Sega partner, ESPN.

The deal will give EA the rights to use the network's various brands and personalities in its games and to develop games based on ESPN television properties such as the popular X Games extreme athletics competitions.

The deal is a major loss for Take Two Interactive, which last year entered into a partnership with Sega Sammy Holdings to publish Visual Concepts' range of sports titles using the ESPN brand, and won significant market share by placing the titles at a low price point.

EA's licensing of the brand means that the Visual Concepts titles will have to find a new brand for this year - which comes as a further blow after EA signed an exclusive license with the NFL late last year, preventing other companies from using official NFL players, teams or brands in their games.

One factor, aside from the size of EA's pocketbook, which may have swung the deal is actually Take Two's aggressive pricing of the ESPN games last year - which won market share and pleased consumers, but left many in the sports licensing industry nervous that their brands were being devalued.

Take Two's plan may now have backfired spectacularly, with both NFL and ESPN moving into exclusive deals with Electronic Arts which will ensure that games using their brands continue to be sold at premium price points.

EA, meanwhile, has taken another step on the way to absolute domination of the sports game genre - and according to some analysts, may be on the verge of winning a "critical mass" of licenses which would force other leagues to fall in line with it.

"We believe that the new EA-ESPN agreement was a classic case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" for ESPN," commented Banc of America Securities' Gary Cooper in a research note on the deal last night.

"Similarly, we believe the NBA, MLB, NCAA, NHL and other sports leagues face the choice of whether to lock in long-terms with EA now or potentially face a weakened bargaining position in the future when EA may be the only viable publisher of sports games," he concluded.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Once upon a time (the 1980s), I enjoyed products published by EA (M.U.L.E, Racing Destruction Set, etc.). That changed during the 90s, especially after what they did to Origin Systems, Inc., and now I do my best to avoid buying anything with their logo on it. Since I dislike sports games (except for the classic Dr. J & Larry Bird Go One on One), that hasn't been too difficult.

It was nostalgic seeing Atari's logo on the NWN2 box (and launch videos); it brought back memories of the arcades and computer shops I used to frequent in the '80s.