What are you playing now?

Darque

I just lost the Superbowl by a field goal in NFL 07. I'm really unhappy with the coaching. We lost a few games because of unwillingness to try on 4th and short. My rookie QB is pretty pissed at the coaching...might be time for a news conference.

Also, for some reason my defense can't stop anything. I'm trying to play realistically and only run the O...but geeze!

Played few hours Sam & Max: Culture Shock

Great game. Back to NWN2 soon :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Half Life 2.

I may load up Baldur's Gate, its been a long time since I played that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Played Half-Life 2 over the weekend and will likely continue tonight until I beat it again. (I stopped when I got into the Nexus in Follow Freeman.) It gets my adrenalin going without being overly difficult to play. My reflexes aren't very good so I play it on Easy and have to reload from time to time, but I still thoroughly enjoy the story, characters, environments, and subsequent immersion.

It sort of has forced hirelings, or squad members, but these are only for additional firepower and to draw enemy fire away from you. Their AI is almost as bad as NWN2's so more often than not they end up dying in some stupid fashion, or they get stuck on terrain and fall out of the group. They also have a bad habit of getting in the way in narrow spaces, charging ahead into a deathtrap, and other annoying AI issues. Your control of them is limited to pressing C to tell them where to stand, but they don't always obey and after a set amount of time they resume following you no matter what. On the other hand, the main characters, such as Alyx and Barney, tend to be much smarter in combat, and they don't die unless you're criminally careless. I'm thankful for that because the last thing I need is to have to babysit some weak, yet crucial party member.

The scripted sequences add a lot of atmosphere, but they can break if using stealth/sniper tactics, which is my favorite style of play. It's hard to do in a game made for running and gunning, but I do my best. I know there are better games for my style of play, but they don't have HL's story and world.

Helicopter gunships are unrealistically hard to take down with a rocket launcher; you can hit their tail rotor, their ****pit, etc., and they'll still take 8+ hits before they drop. I can knock a crewman out of the ****pit with no effect on the gunship. Probably the least realistic vehicle in the game in terms of combat.

Some of this stuff can be modified by console commands (there are hundreds of them), which I usually put into an Autoexec.cfg file or a custom CFG file that I exec for every map load. (Some commands won't work in autoexec because the map data overwrites them.)

It's great to once again see characters whose lips move properly while speaking, and who also have facial expressions to match their current mood or expressed feelings. Water looks and performs better in HL2 than it does in NWN2. The water maps are a joy to tear around in.

This info is old news to some, but I felt like expressing it anyway. This game has definitely paid for itself in terms of the hours of entertainment it has provided me.

It's too bad this engine wasn't modified for use with NWN2. It has better graphics, better performance, physics modeling, first person view, swimming, rideable vehicles, damage modeling, realistic face movements (superior animation in general), awesome atmosphere, and so on. Episode One added support for custom HDR and a few other things, and Episode Two will add a bunch more features. The only thing missing is D&D rules, true party support, and additional camera angles, but those things can be added via the SDK if someone's knowledgeable enough. (I'm not, atm.) Imagine using a fireball on a wooden bridge and seeing it catch fire, burn, and break apart as individual timbers snap and fall into the water below. That beats NWN2's black-screen transition by a long shot.

1. Gothic 3 - Fun game; but has a LOT of things that stop it from being an elite game. Better than anything else the ES or Gothic series has ever offered before, though.

2. NWN series modding. Oo <>

3. MVP Baseball 2005. Yes, still going strong with the only game that gives NWN a run for its money. This season, I'm doing rather well. About 100 games in, my record is 70-33. Best W% ever. My player is actually scaring opponents as I've collected Barry Bonds type numbers when it comes to intentional walks.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Played Half-Life 2 over the weekend ... It's too bad this engine wasn't modified for use with NWN2. It has better graphics, better performance, physics modeling, first person view, swimming, rideable vehicles, damage modeling, realistic face movements (superior animation in general), awesome atmosphere, and so on. Episode One added support for custom HDR and a few other things, and Episode Two will add a bunch more features. The only thing missing is D&D rules, true party support, and additional camera angles, but those things can be added via the SDK if someone's knowledgeable enough.

Modding is the Big Thing

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Dirge of Cerberus is alright. It looks and plays like Hellgate:London, but in the FF7 world with familiar charaters and passable narrative. I don't dig it, but since I don't have to ay to play it, well....

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Played Half-Life 2 over the weekend ... It's too bad this engine wasn't modified for use with NWN2. It has better graphics, better performance, physics modeling, first person view, swimming, rideable vehicles, damage modeling, realistic face movements (superior animation in general), awesome atmosphere, and so on. Episode One added support for custom HDR and a few other things, and Episode Two will add a bunch more features. The only thing missing is D&D rules, true party support, and additional camera angles, but those things can be added via the SDK if someone's knowledgeable enough.

Modding is the Big Thing

I interpret government regulations for a living, and occasionally write software in my spare time, so to me the D&D rules aren't that complicated. I agree they are numerous, and I know it would be a big undertaking. I doubt it'll happen though, but that doesn't stop me from wishing it would come true someday. It isn't going to happen in NWN2, so I'll keep my eyes on other games. Dragon Age looks good so far, but we'll see what actually ships. I may have to get serious about writing my own game if none of these 'paid professionals' can get it right. It's been 21 years since I last wrote a game, and computers are certainly more powerful. :lol:

NCAA Football 2005

Found a used Xbox disc with that and Top Spin on it, picked it up for $2.99.

Second-best recruiting class in the nation! I'm gonna build the Arizona State Sun Devils into a national powerhouse.

Why ASU, you ask? Why not?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

screwedpo4.jpg

I'm currently playing Starscape. The picture above is an image of the sector map for the final zone. I'm that little grey thing near the top of the map. Top row, third node from the left. I just lost my main butt-kicking fighter because of a mini-boss who happened to hide himself in an asteroid field. The mini-boss isn't a very accurate shot since it doesn't track your ship very well, but it does a lot of damage once it starts hitting. Of course it also happens to be an interdictor ship which prevents me from warping out of the area.

While I went in with my usual strafing run (Go full speed past the ship. Cut the engines, rotate 90 degrees and coast past the enemy while giving him a face full of plasma torpedos.) I ran into an asteroid. The asteroid fragmented and while I was busy bouncing off all the little asteroid chunks the interdictor managed to start hitting me and soon my butt kicking fighter was nothing but lots of little component pieces floating in space. I managed to make it back to the mothership in my escape pod thankfully.

Now we get to the bad news. Since I'm playing on hard mode, the moment my fighter blows up, the game overwrites my save so I can't go back to before I lost the ship. On top of that, one of the pieces I lost was basically an information pod that would give me the location of a hidden node that holds the secret weapon for the level.

Now if I can draw your attention back to the map for a moment, you'll notice all the red dots next to many of the nodes. These denote enemy forces. The larger the dot the heavier the concentration of enemies. The orange dot in my area shows that there is an enemy mining ship there. The green galaxy looking nodes are warp nodes. You can warp from one green node to another without having to go through all the intervening spaces. They also allow you to transition between different zones, or levels if you will. Only the top most and the left most warp nodes allow me to exit this zone and go back to one that is devoid of enemies where I can mine safely.

The tricky part now, is making it from my current location to one of those two nodes that will allow me to leave the area. What makes it tricky is that I have to fight my way out through those enemy forces in the default fighter that has bugger all for weapons/armour and no shields. It's basically about as effective as an escape pod armed with a level one blaster that does almost zero damage to the enemies in the current area. Each time you move from one node to another that contains enemy forces, they pull you out of warp and into the node where you have to fight them. There is also a timer before you can warp back out, so you need to survive for a certain length of time before you can leave, meaing that I have to protect my mothership till it can jump away at which point I have to dock as fast as I can and hope to god I don't run into any more interdictor ships or I'm screwed.

Kana Little Sister

oh man, thats a hentai game right?

i played true love to death in high school. wish i could get that on some of the hand helds...

That's the hentai game that's more of a heartwrenching tale RPG with nudity.

I will NOT playthat game because it makes me so sad... (This is Kana... not True)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm playing the violin for Darque. ;) (Dang, can't find the violin smiley.)

Edit: not playing any games atm. I need Real Life to have save points so I can reload from before an earlier goof, oh, around 30 years ago. That or a Quit button.

Edited by Wistrik