What are you playing now?

Darque

Neverwinter Nights.

I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem to suck as much as the last time I tried playing it.

Might be the upgrades from the expansions though... and shifters rock. :huh:

Flying around as a cute little dragon thing is what makes games fun. :joy:

Ah, crap. I have a massive backlog of games.

For the PC, it's really about NWN2. I only just entered the Market District in Neverwinter :D Very cool so far. Then party interaction is the best of the game so far, it just better stay prominent.

Otherwise, there's still my list of wargames I'm slowly progressing through. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (with Barbarossa to Berlin and Afrika Korps saved for after I finish the first one), Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich (Conquest of the Aegean is also saved up), Take Command: 2nd Manassas, and Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday in coop with jerkface.

On the DS side, I'm still going through Phoenix Wright, Advanced Wars, Rocket Slime, Trauma Center, and Children of Mana in coop with my sister. I finished Megaman ZX, but there's still hard mode to finish. I'm also going through Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow in Julius mode. I'm also unlocking everything in Kirby Canvas Curse.

For the 360, Gears of War is an awesome coop game. We just finished casual and are playing hardcore mode now. GRAW seems kinda limited in coop for some reason. No story mode, no 3rd person look, no ability to get behind cover. What's up with that?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm back to playing NWN2 after I found out the beta patch works great on my computer. Can even run the toolset without crashing.

I've noticed quite a few things working better. Camera speed is no longer tied to framerate, targetting is a bit easier on some creatures, performance is up about 20% overall, FSAA really helps with the rough edges at 1024x768, the increased bag storage applies to all containers in the game, no crashes all evening, saving/loading seems faster, playing from a current saved game with no glitches at all, quests trigger properly, context menu delay is saved properly, can no longer sell items worth 0 gold (partial stack of bullets), etc. I feel like I'm playing a non-beta patch, and it's quite fun.

Edited by Wistrik

I think I will be moving onto Bloodlines. NWN2 crashed on me one too many times between saves.  :angry:

This is pretty weird. With my friend NWN2 randomly crashes after saves, but with me this game has not crashed at all. I'm now in Act II.

Very stable game for me.

If it wasn't clear enough I play NWN2

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

NFL Street 3, Just beat it FTW

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Plasmacaster......! Into an alien face! Zhooooom! Zarkh! Slorsh!

Zooooom! zoww zoww zowwwwww! Slitsh slorsh galrprsl!

*wanders off to wreak havok to the Hive*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

NWN2 and Medieval: Total War 2

..and I might look into that Swedish game by Avalanche "Just Cause" even though its supposedly less than stellar

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How is Medieval 2? I'm contemplating whether to skip Dark Crusade and buy it for me christmas.

So far mostly every purist in the communities I inhabit hates it, but I don't really care for realism and have so far thought that every CA game was great out of the box. Well, with the exception of Barbarian Invasion. Steppe vandals ffs.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

...right now I's runnin' through NWN2 wit' a femme Aasimar Paladunce...jus' got ta NeverWinter an' havin' fun so far... :joy:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

went back to playing Ace Combat's 5 and 0.

I must say, in five seeing everyone singing "the journey begins" while following your flight group and trying to stop a nuclear attack that could wipe out half the major metropolitan areas one a continet, is kinda heart wrenching.

Yes... I actually found myself getting choked up right before the last two levels.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Am trying out HoMaM V original campaigns. Have been looking forward to a strategy game with wide range of races, and will settle with this for now. Levels are longer, and thankfully combat is turn-based instead of real time. Hope it is a bit different from previous warcraft games. I could be mistaken.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Dark Messiah came with my card, and I wonder if I should install it.

Send it to me. :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

MTW2 and NWN2.

MTW2... well. In many ways it's pretty much the same game as Rome. Creative Assembly are really getting lazy and incompetent in so many ways, I'm starting to regret I paid them money. It's not your usual 'game didn't live up to hype' - specific details just show that they are starting to not really give a crap.

The game is written in easy-to-mod, txt-edit code. That's great. Then they went and packed it with some encryption so nobody can edit it.... it's TEXT. It doesn't even save any room. The only reason the game takes up 11gb of space is because they use .tgas and other silly blown-up files, not TEXT.

Diplomacy, AI, etc, it's really pretty much the same thing. Most of the new things were either implemented in BI (religion, etc) or the original MTW, and many functionalities from the original MTW is missing (Titles, etc). Glaring gamekillers like nonsensical and easy AI, movement points / map relations and so forth are not fixed. Crusades were implemented badly and don't work as well as they did in MTW1.

Pretty much, they just made RTW look prettier, then tried to "mod" in medieval thigns, and it just looks clunky. It was developed more like a total conversion mod; the engine was never changed to accommodate the gameplay modifications. I'm still having some fun with it, but it's going to wear off pretty fast.

I think I will be moving onto Bloodlines. NWN2 crashed on me one too many times between saves.  :angry:

This is pretty weird. With my friend NWN2 randomly crashes after saves, but with me this game has not crashed at all. I'm now in Act II.

Very stable game for me.

If it wasn't clear enough I play NWN2

That is evidence indicating that the fault of crashes lies with the configuration of the host PC, rather than the game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How is Medieval 2? I'm contemplating whether to skip Dark Crusade and buy it for me christmas.

So far mostly every purist in the communities I inhabit hates it, but I don't really care for realism and have so far thought that every CA game was great out of the box. Well, with the exception of Barbarian Invasion. Steppe vandals ffs.

M2 is the same as all the other Total War Games, From Shogun on there all the same basic concept with improvements.

M2 takes everything that was great about Rome: Total War (And Expansions) and puts it into the former Medieval setting.

Religion now plays much more of a role than it did in the original medieval and they have made some serious adjustments to politics and diplomatic negotiations that in all honesty has this self admitted Sid Meiers Fan Boy bowing his head and admitting that Total War has finally surpassed the Civilization series.

The Game has a few bugs which will be sorted out in a patch or two, but that being said it is probably one of the least buggy Total War games I have played from launch.

It is a very excellent game if you like Total War, if you did not like the previous Total War games then chances are you will not like this one.

But if you enjoyed the original Medieval, then chances are you will love the sequel.

DoW: Dark Crusade, is also an excellent title. They have gotten rid of the old Campaign Mode where it was a very liner story and series of maps in favor for a world map where you can choose which terratorys to enter, where to fight and who to fight.

The Necrons are a great deal of fun, probably a little over powered but still massive amounts of fun. The DoW Series was always best for its multiplayer aspects and that seems to be what Dark Crusade Focused on, which I cannot stress enough, is so much fun your eyes will bleed.

Neither of them are really "Must have now or else!" Games however, Dark Crusade is now $29.99 which is well worth the price. Medieval 2 is $49.99 Which depending on how much you love the Total War series, may or may not be worth the price and you may be better off waiting until that comes down to $29.99 / $19.99.

If you are unsure, There is a Demo of Medieval 2 available to download, but It is a Gig and a Half Demo (Which is probably about right now days, but the last Demo i played Came on a floppy disk.)

...right now I's runnin' through NWN2 wit' a femme Aasimar Paladunce...jus' got ta NeverWinter an' havin' fun so far... :joy:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

"Sucks to your Ass-mar!"

Am I the only one who thinks of poor Piggy whenever someone mentions those half-angel characters?

I picked up NCAA Football 2005 and Top Spin on one Xbox disc, used, for $2.99 yesterday. So far I really suck at this Top Spin game.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs