What are you playing now?

Darque

He can be Will Wright's VP.

Even Vice President would do... you can be damn sure that if it was Sid in Office, that he would not have just shot Whittington... he would have sank his ships, bought out his armies, built a palace and settled negotiations with Babylon, all the while developing the economy and promoting trade relations with China.

Edited by Mortis Nai

Medieval 2 is extremely addicting.

You tried Guild Wars?

Because of Moral reasons I boycott NCSoft Games.

NCSoft is a Korean company, as such there concept of whats acceptable behavior on their servers is very much out of line with most western thinking.

Mainly when it comes to sexual harassment and impropriety.

I play MMOG's with my wife, the last thing I want to do is load up a game, make a toon and enter only to have some jackhole 14 year old use "Jerks off into your face" as his greeting to Noobie characters.

That's just the childish stuff, on the Virtue Server for City of Heroes there is actually a guy there who is a known stalker, has harassed countless female players to the point of getting ahold of there e-mail or even phone numbers and going all out psycho on them... when people tried to do something about it and brought it up to the proper channels, including in game Logs of harassment, threatening out of game e-mails and even a recorded phone conversation where he threatened to break up one girls relationship with her boyfriend (Via means of bogus accusations of infidelity) if she did not cyber with him... NCSoft actually went out of there way to defend this guy and it was all brushed it allunder the carpet because in Korea I guess this is seen as perfectly acceptable behavior.

So no... Until Guild Wars is Bought out by someone else, or Korea goes through a major social reform... I have not and will not play Guild Wars.

:o Geez, they don't sound very cool. Well, at least their game is. :p

That's just the childish stuff, on the Virtue Server for City of Heroes there is actually a guy there who is a known stalker, has harassed countless female players to the point of getting ahold of there e-mail or even phone numbers and going all out psycho on them... when people tried to do something about it and brought it up to the proper channels, including in game Logs of harassment, threatening out of game e-mails and even a recorded phone conversation where he threatened to break up one girls relationship with her boyfriend (Via means of bogus accusations of infidelity) if she did not cyber with him... NCSoft actually went out of there way to defend this guy and it was all brushed it allunder the carpet because in Korea I guess this is seen as perfectly acceptable behavior.

I have no idea about the specifics of this incident, and as you know whether a publisher defends or avoids the issue or whatnot is not really dependent on their morality. There is no way something like this would be tolerated in any part of Korea for whatever reason, so either the issue has more twists and turns, or there is some reason that NCSoft did this. Either way, it's kinda stupid.

I don't know. I've played Guild Wars for months when it first came out, and the MMO crowd was no different from all the other MMO crowds - some are utter noobs, some are nice, most are just out to have some fun and aren't too grating. And i've seen many others praise CoH because there is a good subgroup of players who used to be superhero comic fans and are sporting roleplayers. I really don't know where you get your perception from - I'm Korean but I've lived in the West for 9 years, and I don't see that much of a 'cultural divide' when I see MMOs. Language might be different, but everything is pretty much similar - both the good and the bad.

Oh, and Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay is the best movie-to-game adaptation ever.

QFT :lol:

It's also one of the best First-Person Shooters ever made IMO.

Why Starbreeze didn't have a major breakthrough in the industry after this gem is a totally unsolved mystery.

Edited by astr0creep

For the same reason Massive didn't have a breakout with Ground Control 1/2 or Funcom with TLJ and Dreamfall - they are Scandinavian.

Damn shame.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, Max Payne was a breakthrough for Remedy.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia. It's part of "Norden", but not Scandinavia.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Oh, right. I type faster than I think apparently.

Anyway, Dice is scandinavian for sure, and you can't say BF was not succesful :lol:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Touch

kirottu said:

From a certain point of view that's true. Main reason however was Codename Eagle, their older game that wasn't very popular (SL sucked and it was ment to be MP only originally, but publisher wanted singleplayer). However, CE's multiplayer was (mostly) exactly like coming BF 1942. It had been EA's game testers favorite game for a long time, so when EA heard that same (pretty unknown and insignificant) team decided to publish their game.

That's however explanation only to how EA became it's publisher. In the end BF 1942 gained it's popularity with its own greatness. There was no hype and minor advertising.

So EA didn't have great impact to game's succes IMO

Edited by Xard

I didn't forget Paradox, their games can hardly be called major indrusty breakthroughs(that doesn't make them less awesome), but I did forget IO. *is idiot*

kirottu said:

I played Sam & Max Culture Shock earlier today. Awesome