What are you playing now?

Darque

Evil Genius was kind of fun for a while, but it lacked something. All that individual tagging of enemies was a pain, too. One thing I did like tho, was how you could undo your digging if you wanted, and rebuild rooms/areas w/out having to start from complete scratch. Even if it was a cheesy option, the way the game was designed I can understand why they did it, and I appreciated it. :)

I played the demo and thought it was promising, though the available secret base equipment wasn't enough to overcome my ennui brought on by the repetitive gameplay: I felt like I was trying to empty a leaky boat with a sieve. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm a lazy gamer. I don't think the wii is for me.

And meta, yeah, it became repetitive early on. The supposed super henchmen were also pretty useless. I would have preferred if EG had had several "levels" instead of leaving you on one island for so long. I never did get to the 2nd island (there were only 2...)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll tell what I am not playing... with my Wii!! :angry:

Play with your other wii, then. :aiee:

I'm so funny... :x

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And meta, yeah, it became repetitive early on. The supposed super henchmen were also pretty useless. I would have preferred if EG had had several "levels" instead of leaving you on one island for so long. I never did get to the 2nd island (there were only 2...)

It had a great premise, though: if only it had some more range.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I had my first encounter with the wii the other day at a friends' house. I wasn't overly impressed, but I could see multiplayer bowling being a fun drinking game.

Oh, and GOW.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Still playing NWN2, but I took a short break and played FEAR Extraction point. A little more of the horror element this time, but still more of an FPS than a horror title. Hell, Painkiller and Alice had scarier moments.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Majesty...the Monks were calling me.

And despite the fact I didn't think it was that great in the end, I have this odd desire to reinstall Evil Genius all of a sudden.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And despite the fact I didn't think it was that great in the end, I have this odd desire to reinstall Evil Genius all of a sudden.

Was that the "Alternate Reality" game that was supposed to be a great leap in gaming a few years back? A nice high concept, to be sure, but it worked better as a marketing tool for serial television than an end in and of itself.

Which? Majesty or Evil Genius? Regardless, I don't think either are the one you're thinking of. Majesty's a 6+ year old RTS and Evil Genius wasn't set in an alternate reality - more like a bizarre fantasy super-spy-from-the-60's setting. :thumbsup:

Was that the "Alternate Reality" game that was supposed to be a great leap in gaming a few years back? A nice high concept, to be sure, but it worked better as a marketing tool for serial television than an end in and of itself.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of "Majestic"

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of "Majestic"

That's the one.

I'm playing the "OMG the DS stylus makes my wrist severely cramp up after an hour!" game.

Unfortunately the game is fun enough that I have to force myself to stop. Just one more round through. I can beat my previous score, it'll only take a minute... :)

On top of that I think I've started to hallucinate now. I'm seeing coloured circles whereever I focus that slowly shrink towards a point. ;)

Edited by Deraldin