What are you playing now?

Darque

Almost finished the Empire campaign in Caesar4, briefly tried their on-line score competition option, and like 99% of other folks, am ready to toss in the towel re: trying to get the editor to work well enough to make maps with.

Thus, I'm about done with C4 as a major obsession, I think. After a break from gaming whereupon I shall spend a lot of spare time veging on DVD's of TV shows we bought recently, what shalll I play next? Hmm.... :brows:"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How good is it?

On a scale of one to awesome, it comes in at around very badass.

Graphics are excellent, even on my teeny tiny TV, and the gameplay is enjoyable once you get used to it. If you come into the game on Hardcore difficulty expecting to go around popping heads and running and shooting at everything, clearly you aren't going to have a good time. But if you strategize somewhat and plan out what you're going to duck behind, how you're going to get around this turret and such, it makes it much more fun. But, for some reason, there's just something there that is absent...I'm not sure. Perhaps lack of a solid storyline, but it's something that doesn't click for me.

Nonetheless, worth in the very least a rent, if not a buy.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Just started playing NWN2. Runs smoothly on my laptop. Only 1024x768 as more is wasted on the small screen, but otherwise most effects cranked up, except shadows. For some reason it doesn't like the fancy shadows. Doesn't slow it down too much, but it creates some ugly artifaces.

Currently having a blast, finishing the tutorial and getting my first genuine partymember. A shame I couldn't keep whatshisname wizard from the tutorial. He was quite hilarious, reminding me of the holographic doctor from one of those Star Trek TV Series I once saw a few episodes of.

I sense a conflict of interests looming in the future... work vs. nwn2 :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 this weekend. I don't really know why, because I've never been very fond of D&D since Pool of Radiance (2E). Still, I'm not supposed to play it yet, because my cousin hasn't gotten his copy yet. We are going to play through it in co-op.

I installed it and started it up just to see how it runs. It's fast, smooth and better looking than I expected (from reading about it on here for a few weeks). I have everything I could find on max and 1280x1024 resolution. I'm running on a Sapphire Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4 and a Core 2 Duo E6600 (@3.0GHz), with 2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 6400, running at ~850MHz.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

NWN2

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Gothic III

Heroes V (eagerly awaiting the expansion pack)

Caesar IV (borrowed from a friend)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (also borrowed from a friend, I suck at this game as I can't even get through the tutorial)

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

NWN2

After playing OC (propably) twice I'll go and Install BGI and BGII (and their expansions of course). Should keep me interested for a long, long time ^_^

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 this weekend. I don't really know why, because I've never been very fond of D&D since Pool of Radiance (2E). Still, I'm not supposed to play it yet, because my cousin hasn't gotten his copy yet. We are going to play through it in co-op.

I installed it and started it up just to see how it runs. It's fast, smooth and better looking than I expected (from reading about it on here for a few weeks). I have everything I could find on max and 1280x1024 resolution. I'm running on a Sapphire Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4 and a Core 2 Duo E6600 (@3.0GHz), with 2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 6400, running at ~850MHz.

Yeah, my friend is running a Dell XPS E6600 (or maybe E6700) with a puny nVidia 7600GS (I think) on one 30" Dell monitor whilst he plays poker on another ... with no problems at all. :mellow:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

NWN2

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Gothic III

Heroes V (eagerly awaiting the expansion pack)

Caesar IV (borrowed from a friend)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (also borrowed from a friend, I suck at this game as I can't even get through the tutorial)

Sleep much? :mellow:

I'm only playing a total of 4 hours per day, but I try to play at least two different games every day. So many games, so little time...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I got hooked on Caesar4's online Empire scenarios...the high population one anyway. I love building messy high population cities...9 hours left for someone to beat my number. hehe

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm going to finish NWN2 tonight, and then hold off a second playthrough until the new patch comes out.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN2 second game. May start a third after the patch just to see what happens. Want to start using the toolset so have to stop playing sometime.

Have Dreamfall for when I'm not in a NWN2 mood; the TLJ storyline intrigues me I suppose, and the lead character (Zoe) is a cutey.

Taking a long, possibly permanent break from the BG series. My hope is that NWN2's toolset will let me put BG to rest finally. A 3D world is just so much better to look at, and the engine is much more powerful in terms of what can be done.

Oh, also have Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and waiting for Episode 2. That's for my action moods.

Don't know what I'll do when Dragon Age comes out. If it's any good, I may have to drop back to part time work so I have more free time.

Taking a long, possibly permanent break from the BG series. My hope is that NWN2's toolset will let me put BG to rest finally. A 3D world is just so much better to look at, and the engine is much more powerful in terms of what can be done.
I hope not. BG modders need their testers. :ermm:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.