What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm getting GoW for my friend the day after tomorrow.

It's gonna be a blast.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Taking a long, possibly permanent break from the BG series. My hope is that NWN2's toolset will let me put BG to rest finally. A 3D world is just so much better to look at, and the engine is much more powerful in terms of what can be done.
I hope not. BG modders need their testers. :-

Though I did test a few mods in times past (starting with Tashia), I spent more time working on my own projects and helping in the development of Near Infinity. The current stock of modders have more than enough willing testers, and I'd rather be creating my own mod than testing someone else's stuff.

Taking a long, possibly permanent break from the BG series. My hope is that NWN2's toolset will let me put BG to rest finally. A 3D world is just so much better to look at, and the engine is much more powerful in terms of what can be done.

Meh, I find the BG2 engine to be look better than the Electron engine. High-end 2D is more aesthetically pleasing than middling 3D. Some of the level design (particularly the mountain environs) are certainly better looking, but there were no aspects of the BG2 engine that obviously came up short in the way NWN2's do. For example, it's obvious from the design of the areas that the engine can't handle more than 3-5 sub-areas per location, which is a problem in, say, marketplaces, and it makes the gameworld feel way too tight. The entire city of Neverwinter is about the size of a single BG2 district.

The weight of some of the BG areas would be too much for the Electron engine to handle, which makes me skeptical about the chances of the planned BG version coming out whole.

I'm currently putting my recently neglected 360 to use, replaying some Hitman: Blood Money missions and starting on the new Splinter Cell game. No running and gunning for me.

Meh, I find the BG2 engine to be look better than the Electron engine. High-end 2D is more aesthetically pleasing than middling 3D. Some of the level design (particularly the mountain environs) are certainly better looking, but there were no aspects of the BG2 engine that obviously came up short in the way NWN2's do. For example, it's obvious from the design of the areas that the engine can't handle more than 3-5 sub-areas per location, which is a problem in, say, marketplaces, and it makes the gameworld feel way too tight. The entire city of Neverwinter is about the size of a single BG2 district.

The weight of some of the BG areas would be too much for the Electron engine to handle, which makes me skeptical about the chances of the planned BG version coming out whole.

Ultima IX had it's flaws, but I could walk from one end of the world to the other and explore buildings along the way without a single transition (only subterranean caves/dungeons had transitions). It used progressive load-ahead to pre-load meshes and pre-draw models just beyond the visible horizon (much like previous 2D Ultimas), so the player was treated to an uninterrupted journey. I'm still waiting for a D&D-based CRPG to do this.

I thought about rewriting the BG saga in a newer engine, but no, I'll do something original instead. On the other hand, NWN2's engine is well suited to a rewrite of Ultima 3. After two decades of "progress' we're back to tiny maps.

The BG2 engine has static, non-resizable bitmaps, non-resizable sprite animations, limited script and spell effect capability (with many hardcoded traits), and limited rule customization (again, much is hardcoded). I modded it for several years and am ready to move on, but to what I'm not certain. I'll give NWN2 the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't think NWN2's graphics look ugly at all, though NPCs would look better if their lips sealed properly over their teeth.

Wii Sports!

Played Tennis the last 2 nights and now my shoulder is sore. Think I'm going to sue Nintendo. :p

Game is a blast, though!

I got smacked in the elbow last night during some tough tennis competition, but that's the only injury so far. :))

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

"Because real life is for the weak" could be Role-Player's slogan.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN2 My first and second games in progress.

Hee hee, currently playing my first one again (after abandoning it to play my second and third playthroughs); that's an Aasimar Paladin, a sun-Elf Wizard/Eldrich Knight and a Tiefling Warlock. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

NWN2. My CN/CG (ended up being CG in game, I hate aligments. I can't find right one to my characters because they tend to be much more complex) Bard/Fighter/Warlock (later on) is doing much better than I thought. I have great roleplaying (and of course otherwise great too) experience with this character. Can't remember time when I've played much as in these last days. My eyes hurts. :p

Heck, BG1&2 must wait, after finishing this campaign (it should take looong time yet) I'm going to make TN Tiefling wizard and Chaotic Evil mad and vicious fighter/barbarian/rogue (just 1 level for sneak attack)/ frenzied berserker halfling which is greatly inspired by Belkar! :D

Time to release my evil side then :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Baldur's Gate 2!

My Berserker/Cleric is getting to be quite the powerhouse. Transferring him from BG1 was a nice bonus, because I got several stat points from reading tomes in the first game. I've got 20 wisdom, 18 strength, 17 constituition, and no stats lower than 10!

Right now I'm rolling with Valygar, Yoshi, Jaheira and Nalia. I'll probably pick up Keldorn in the sewers, although I might drop him for Mazzy or one of the user-made sorcerer NPCs when I get the chance. I always pick up Keldorn... it's just so hard to say no to Carsomyr, True Sight and Dispel Magic.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm trying to get me 3-4 Deathbringer swords at FF12 but that stupid beast that you can steal them from won't show up. Grr.

So I took a bit of a break from that great game and went back to Oblivion.

I tried NWN2 but it's just too slow and ugly for my system(and no big magic battles yet...). Until the code is optimized with a patch I will pass on it thank you very much.

:thumbsup:

I only get to play once every 3 weeks.

Right now I'm playing AvP 2. Finishing with Alien.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dad got me Gears of War for my B-day. I'm surprised more then anything. I thought it'd be a basic "OMG ALIENS ARE ATTACKING LETS KILL THEM!" but on the contrary, it's got some depth. The game takes a nice advantage of the cover-jumping thing, and it's pretty easy to pick-up and play.

This should keep me occupied for a while.