Random video game news... Games are Randomly News Worthy

Not really news, but also not playing ... but see, I went to Steam site, saw "New and trending" listing, and did a time-travel feeling double-take. They are the originals (essentially same as GoG's dosboxed I think), no remake/remaster etc.

Dktrending2024.jpg

It does makes me idly wonder if EA is considering a PC sequel or remaster for the series (that mobile game doesn't exit, don't even mention it šŸ˜› ), with putting it on Steam as an interest meter check (GoG has had it for ages, I see no reason to rebuy it yet again). Frankly I'm not sure I'd want EA to do so, I'm sure it would be horrid. Nice of them to put it the two originals for those that really want to stick with Steam I guess, tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
ā€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.ā€ ā€“ Alan Watts

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Not really news, but also not playing ... but see, I went to Steam site, saw "New and trending" listing, and did a time-travel feeling double-take. They are the originals (essentially same as GoG's dosboxed I think), no remake/remaster etc.

It does makes me idly wonder if EA is considering a PC sequel or remaster for the series (that mobile game doesn't exit, don't even mention it šŸ˜› ), with putting it on Steam as an interest meter check (GoG has had it for ages, I see no reason to rebuy it yet again). Frankly I'm not sure I'd want EA to do so, I'm sure it would be horrid. Nice of them to put it the two originals for those that really want to stick with Steam I guess, tho.

In the early days of their launcher, Origin, they kept releasing old games for free on it now and then. So I guess this is just a continuity of that.

Im breakingĀ  my rule about not posting videos longer than 20 minutes but @WormerineĀ you and others will appreciate this. Its 2 hours long but very relevant and interesting

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 5
  • Gasp! 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Im breakingĀ  my rule about not posting videos longer than 20 minutes but @WormerineĀ you and others will appreciate this. Its 2 hours long but very relevant and interesting

Ā 

Ā 

Well, it's only half the length of his "History of Video Games" video.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, melkathi said:

I may watch that later actually. Looks like something that I can have running while painting.

Absolutely, itsĀ  one of those long videos you watch in the background and its alsoĀ  not a political messageĀ Ā 

I have got into aĀ  habit ofĀ  watching theseĀ  types of videosĀ  during load shedding which is forĀ  2Ā  hourĀ  windowsĀ  once a day.Ā  But sometimesĀ  we can go forĀ  5-6 daysĀ  with no loadĀ  shedding and then it comes back for 2Ā  weeks

ButĀ  its a goodĀ  time toĀ  watch Youtube videosĀ  because I can useĀ  myĀ  cell phoneĀ  and wirelessĀ  and fiber still worksĀ Ā :grin:

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18HF6jWRIBM

Holy smokes, if this winds up being anywhere near as good as it looks... I mean, they kinda cheated by having Ian McShane voice the trailer, he's automatically going to make whatever is happening on screen seem better. Still, the combat looks freakin' awesome. We're gonna find out in a week's time, I guess.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952sxf35rxxk7ktmhd8vac

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øRFK Jr 2024šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For some reason I can't see whatever (I assume a) video Keyrock posted, it's just a giant empty space. So may I inquire as to the game title? šŸ˜›

Edited by LadyCrimson
ā€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.ā€ ā€“ Alan Watts

22 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

For some reason I can't see whatever (I assume a) video Keyrock posted, it's just a giant empty space. So may I inquire as to the game title? šŸ˜›

It's this Dragon's Dogma 2 trailer, hopefully it works this time.Ā I can see it on my phone in my previous post but not on the desktop I posted it on. It doesn't make any sense.Ā :shrugz:

Edit: Nope, can't see it in this post either. I'll post it as a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18HF6jWRIBM

I also changed it to a link in the original post. Maybe it's an age restriction thing? I don't know.

Let's also try the same video from a different source, maybe this one will embed?Ā 

Nope. Maybe it something on my end? I'm confused.Ā :shrugz:

Edited by Keyrock

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Playstation channel link requires YT login, so I had to look for another. Looks good, I never played the first one, so I'll have to research it more re: interest. But yeah, Ian is fantastic. šŸ˜„

The following is testing purpose:Ā  (edit) posting embedded video is visible in post-editor and when first posted it seemed like it worked, but it disappeared immediately with a page reload. I also noticed a video post in way off topic that was similarly a giant blank space. Perhaps it's the forum having fits, not YT/embeds. But it's only recent embeds, not the older/previous postings

EditEdit: Another test, a music YT video: ---- nope that didn't work either.
EditEditEdit: tried turning off Ublock. Still disappears when I reload a page. Odd. They do still appear on my tablet (like on Keyrock's phone). Could be browser or forum related weirdness.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

I guess it's not on my end then. My guess would be forum weirdness too, I've been here long enough to post several rants about the forum software, I'll spare y'all posting another rant.:lol:

I'm hyped but I wish they'd let us see more classes. I got the feeling Ranger is gonna be the advanced for the archer, but I'm interested in what they do for the thief's advanced vocation. Also Trickster and Warfarer don't follow the standard color mapping of hybrid vocations (they don't use two of the base colors bisected like the mystic spearhand or magic archer) so maybe there's more of them than the six hybrids we'd normally expect.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"YouĀ are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyĀ it seems like the creatorsĀ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tĀ forgetĀ the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"AreĀ you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralĀ camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Right now I'm leaning toward starting as a thief with either a fighter or a mage as my main pawn. As far as advanced vocations go, I'll cross that bridge once I start unlocking them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyrock said:

Right now I'm leaning toward starting as a thief with either a fighter or a mage as my main pawn. As far as advanced vocations go, I'll cross that bridge once I start unlocking them.

I was thinking mostly the same, but I got a bias towards gishes so maybe I'll go for Spearhand or whatever the Thief/Mage is. The Trickster looks interesting but also not really my thing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfullyĀ it seems like the creatorsĀ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@PK htiw klaw eriFHave you messed around with the free character creator? It's really good. The RE Engine produces some stunningly detailed character models, I'm happy seeing it used for games other than the Resi series.

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

The Playstation channel link requires YT login, so I had to look for another. Looks good, I never played the first one, so I'll have to research it more re: interest. But yeah, Ian is fantastic. šŸ˜„

The following is testing purpose:Ā  (edit) posting embedded video is visible in post-editor and when first posted it seemed like it worked, but it disappeared immediately with a page reload. I also noticed a video post in way off topic that was similarly a giant blank space. Perhaps it's the forum having fits, not YT/embeds. But it's only recent embeds, not the older/previous postings

EditEdit: Another test, a music YT video: ---- nope that didn't work either.
EditEditEdit: tried turning off Ublock. Still disappears when I reload a page. Odd. They do still appear on my tablet (like on Keyrock's phone). Could be browser or forum related weirdness.

It might be the cookies. I experienced in the past similar behaviour, if I deselected Social Media cookies in their settings.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

Ā 

Ā 

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm going fighter and using a mage pawn (heal bot). Also plan to go just my character and pawn in hopes that the XP bonus for a smaller party is in DD2 like the first game.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

@PK htiw klaw eriFHave you messed around with the free character creator? It's really good. The RE Engine produces some stunningly detailed character models, I'm happy seeing it used for games other than the Resi series.

Not yet. I'm desperately trying to beat Fire Emblem Engage on Maddening before DD2 drops because I don't want to get derailed again. From what I've seen I'm going to spend a few hours in it at least.

12 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

dragon dogma seems interesting

if the dragoon heart part of the setting not such incomprehensible nonsense

If it is similar to DD1, it is an action game first - the roleplay options were rather limited.

---

Death of a Wish has been released. It is a sequel to Lucah: Born of a Dream.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/death-of-a-wish-review-a-brutal-and-beautiful-experiment

6 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

If it is similar to DD1, it is an action game first - the roleplay options were rather limited.

---

Death of a Wish has been released. It is a sequel to Lucah: Born of a Dream.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/death-of-a-wish-review-a-brutal-and-beautiful-experiment

played the first game for few hour

got annoyed by the dragon nonsense and dropped it

7 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

played the first game for few hour

got annoyed by the dragon nonsense and dropped it

The dragon thing is the main story line and, if it is critically important, does not get much better, though is sort of justified by the plot (?). The end-game and the DLC island are similar, with the latter being unintentionally funny, story-wise.