What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

28 minutes ago, Raithe said:

20231028_161745.jpg?ex=654f9b6a&is=653d2

IMG_20231028_082429.jpg?ex=654fce64&is=6

20231028_155808.jpg?ex=654fd58f&is=653d6

Nice  but no photos  from  the World  Cosplay Competitions,  who won and what costumes  were on show?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Heh, I don't actually know. Part of the reason I was grabbed was to handle a bunch of the cosplay stuff at the other side of the Con to enable the Cosplay crew and staff to focus on the WCS part. I was actually helping out with some leatherworking workshops before the shibari tutorial during the WCS events. Then after, everyone was just crashing for the end of the day rather than talking about it. 😄

I did want to see Tabitha Lions (ArtyFakes) rush build she'd done as a challenge. Produce a WCS entrance Cosplay in under a month.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

13 hours ago, Raithe said:

shibari tutorial

Ooh, kinky! Wonder what kind of cosplay that was for 😁

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Son was super excited to show up to preschool in his ninja turtle outfit but the teachers were making all the kids take off their costumes. I would have been okay with it if they had said no costumes but they didn't and their objection to them was that some of the teachers are kooky religious types and it offends them. I forgot how wacko some of the people there are.

It's the only highly rated bilingual preschool in town or else I'd pull him out and put him in a different preschool. The owner assures us that they don't teach their beliefs to the children but she's got weird opinions on vaccines so not sure I trust her.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

My former elementary school changed Halloween to "Careerween" and only allowed costumes if it represented a career because scary stuff is to scary/demonic/whatever.  I assume they still do it, haven't been involved in years since I changed where I worked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thankfully no kids passed by, we used to get some real dumb ones that didn't understand a shut gat and exterior lights off meant we weren't participating.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

My former elementary school changed Halloween to "Careerween" and only allowed costumes if it represented a career because scary stuff is to scary/demonic/whatever.  I assume they still do it, haven't been involved in years since I changed where I worked.

Is it that some adults forget they were ever kids, or is it that some adults never were kids?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

I dunno, I think being a white collar worker is a lot scarier to kids than a devil.  Well or it should be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

54 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Is it that some adults forget they were ever kids, or is it that some adults never were kids?

I dunno, a lot of people are just...like...weird man.

36 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I dunno, I think being a white collar worker is a lot scarier to kids than a devil.  Well or it should be.

It was mostly doctors and nurses and firefighters, construction worker and other occupations easily identified by some outfit.  Occasionally 6 year-olds in suits with a briefcase being a lawyer.  Kind of harder to figure out an identifiable uniform for plumber, electrician, secretary, teacher and soul-numbed middle manager.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

21 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Not my death cult of choice anyways.

I'm more partial to Heaven's Gate. I mean, look at this guy:

LmpwZw

That looks like a dude that knew how to party.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We finished cleaning out our old house yesterday and gave the keys back to the landlord. There was an awkward moment where he asked us if we were going to clean the fridge. I told him he needs to have a cleaning crew come in. He acted put out. I just ignored it, but I was trying hard not to roll my eyes. We lived there for 5 years, we aren't going to scrub it down for you. He needs to paint it and clean it. We paid his mortgage and took good care of the property, but we are moving on. :rolleyes:

I'm excited not to have to worry about a landlord anymore. Now it's time to unpack the new place.

• Like 4

Sign of times when crazy dude on the corner wasn't preaching but was screaming unit phrases from Starcraft.

• Gasp! 1

18 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm more partial to Heaven's Gate. I mean, look at this guy:

LmpwZw

That looks like a dude that knew how to party.

Not sure that I want to be at a party where the lead Do is into castration...

• Like 1

Tried to order Amazon Fresh.

They now keep tossing up a page before checkout re: "give us mobile number so driver can text you if a substitution needs to be made."  I tried checking "don't substitute" on all items. Still wants it, can't get past that requirement page.

FU. So long, Amazon Fresh. Back to hoofing it to the store. 😆

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

They presumably would have every other piece of information (name, address, CC number), but the telephone number is the dealbreaker. :lol:

No, it's not the phone. No one asks for just a phone number anymore, that's probably worth nothing now. It's the mobile phone. If you recall, I didn't even have one until 2-3 years ago. The one I have is barely touched, it gets nothing but spam (mostly from Kaiser, man they are spammy), and because of that, unless I know hubby may want to call, the volume is always off so I wouldn't hear it anyway.  I've gone this long without relying on/giving out a "mobile phone" to anyone re: "shopping"/goods and I'm sticking with that until I die. 😛

Also, they aren't a bank or a hospital. There is zero need for them to require a phone number to deliver some canned goods and soup stock, and that pathetic excuse they gave as the reason is, well, pathetic. I checked regular Amazon Prime, and at least for the moment, there is still no such requirement for "mobile phone" if I try to order something from there. Probably won't be long tho. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Local area code plus 8675309 and if they need a name then give them Jenny. That's what I do.

Does that actually work.
I used to have a 2nd landline for stuff like this, which no phone was connected to. My Steam account is still attached to it, even tho it doesn't exist anymore. :lol:

I'm not one of those old skool privacy nerds. Privacy was always an illusion, even when before the internet. You were just as careful as one could reasonably be. But darnit, my old fart principles say mobile phone requirements for everything under the sun have gone haywire and I won't play that game. I know I'm a mega minority tho, lol. Pretty soon you'll need it just to register to a forum like this one. 😛

Edited by LadyCrimson