The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex

Gromnir

12 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Ah yes, the wonderful western aid that, hmm, had Chad 2nd from bottom, Niger 3rd from bottom (2022, don't think the 6th is from this year since it's ongoing, so position is actually dropping), CAR 4th from bottom, Mali 6th from bottom, Burkina Faso 8th and Guinea 10th on the Human Development Index. Not sure the west has been showing all that much care, eh.

(Technically of course CAR and Chad aren't ECOWAS members but they were french colonies. Indeed, Chad is still french aligned, for all the benefits it's got them. About the only actual one of which was Toyotas for the Toyota War)

But countries like Niger still need that aid and it wont come from anywhere else

And I am not talking about UN food aid, I am talking about Western aid that wont continue if its  a military coup

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Niger has been so stabile for past 63 years, only 7 republics from which are 5 military regimes have ensured that it has been able to build good foundation for country and ensure bright future especially considering that there are less than 20k soldiers in country of 22 million, but it is still military is able keep control over the state and there are not thousands and thousands people belonging in radical groups like al-qaida and isis in the state. 

image.thumb.jpeg.036ea7905259d71eb18d6789bddf340c.jpeg

• Haha 5

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

On 8/2/2023 at 11:16 AM, HoonDing said:

Seems Senegal is the least messed up Sahel country nowadays. And they don't like France much anymore either.

second French colonial empire are pretty infamous

would be weird if former colony actually like france

They at least had leadership that liked France, up until recently. The general populace has never been that keen on 'I give leader beads euros, leader gives me land unlimited access to your economy, control of your currency and our companies the ability to export all your commodities at whatever price they want' but the leaders love it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

They at least had leadership that liked France, up until recently. The general populace has never been that keen on 'I give leader beads euros, leader gives me land unlimited access to your economy, control of your currency and our companies the ability to export all your commodities at whatever price they want' but the leaders love it.

You really peddling the anti-France propaganda on this one but it made me laugh ...you left out  " and our resources are still being stolen by our  former European masters " 

Always use that one when making this type of post, its another good one :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So....if RFK Jr. somehow wins the Dem primaries and becomes Prez, where will the neoliberal aggressive militant wing of the Democratic Party go?  I mean RFK Jr. is very different than the likes of Obama, Clinton, Biden, and even Sanders!  American politics will be very different if Kennedy comes out on top and I can imagine the hard-line pro U.S. military aggression wing of the Democratic party being quite upset if this happens.  You know who you are.

Personally, there's quite a few things I don't like about RFK, some things I do, but there's no denying that some could consider his viewpoints in direct conflict with the tradional party orthodoxy.

• 2 weeks later...

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

we read the georgia election interference indictment charging trump and coconspirators. were 2:00 am when we did a first read and we were keeping track o' every time an "unindicted coconspirator" were mentioned 'cause is one o' those important facts which sometimes is overlooked in media. caution: not every mention o' an unindicted coconspirator signals a cooperating witness (rat), but such is the obvious conclusion in the absence o' an alternative explanation.

is difficult to identify at this stage who exact is the "rat,"

as such media outlets should be cautious when 'bout speculating on rat identities. is potential defamatory to make guesses w/o evidence. 

not every mention o' an unindicted coconspirator signals a cooperating witness, but such is the obvious conclusion in the absence o' an alternative explanation.

we mentioned we were keeping track o' possible rat sightings in the georgia indictment, but we gave up after we hit sixty. serious. is a talky indictment, so is more detail than is ordinary, but even so there musta been at least eighty mentions o' unindicted co conspirators and given the context o' the reveals we ain't talking 'bout just one rat. half dozen? more? dunno.

the georgia case is gonna be televised, so that will be must see tv... unless you suffer from musophobia. 

HA! 

• Gasp! 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They keep indicting Trump and it's having **** all effect on his popularity, which is predictable. A lot of people see this as a political witch hunt, and rightly so because that's exactly what it is. I suppose that if they manage to make a felony stick then it's mission accomplished since that would disqualify Trump from running for PotUS, so if that happens then establishment democrats can celebrate by drinking infant blood or whatever it is that they do in their gilded towers. Otherwise, this is only going to further help Trump, not that he really needs the help at the moment. It's funny, not that long ago a president, I want to say Obama, but I'm not sure on that, was asked why they didn't seek charges against one of their opponents during the campaign. Their answer was that they don't do that because that's the kind of thing that happens in a banana republic. How times have changed. On the other hand, Trump sort of started this with his put Hillary in jail talk during the 2016 election. Granted, he never actually had his cronies indict her, he just talked a big game. Still, I guess it could be argued that it opens him up to the ol' turn about is fair play.

:shrugz:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

They keep indicting Trump and it's having **** all effect on his popularity, which is predictable. A lot of people see this as a political witch hunt, and rightly so because that's exactly what it is. I suppose that if they manage to make a felony stick then it's mission accomplished since that would disqualify Trump from running for PotUS, so if that happens then establishment democrats can celebrate by drinking infant blood or whatever it is that they do in their gilded towers. Otherwise, this is only going to further help Trump, not that he really needs the help at the moment. It's funny, not that long ago a president, I want to say Obama, but I'm not sure on that, was asked why they didn't seek charges against one of their opponents during the campaign. Their answer was that they don't do that because that's the kind of thing that happens in a banana republic. How times have changed. On the other hand, Trump sort of started this with his put Hillary in jail talk during the 2016 election. Granted, he never actually had his cronies indict her, he just talked a big game. Still, I guess it could be argued that it opens him up to the ol' turn about is fair play.

:shrugz:

You invoking the Summon Gromnir spell again, you a brave man and I hope you have prepared your wards :grin:

Its absolutely seen by many as  a witch-hunt and as a way to stop Trump running next year and the general allegation is  "the Dems are using the courts to fight political battles because they worried about Trump winning in 2024 "

Im not sure how true it really is considering how some of the Dems strategists support and encourage Trump and MAGA fear mongering  because the anti-Trump vote is real and nothing galvanizes support for the left  more than " look Trump is destroying the US  and Democracy ....hes a Nazi" rhetoric 

So for some of the Democrats they want Trump to run because then it makes campaigning  and the political message easier to convince people. Here is just one example of the Dems funding far-right and MAGA  candidates  in Republican primaries  through marketing and advertising because they perceived as easier to defeat

https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/house-democrats-fed-up-with-partys-gop-primary-meddling/

https://nypost.com/2022/09/12/democrats-spend-53m-to-boost-far-right-gop-candidates/

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Its absolutely seen by many as  a witch-hunt and as a way to stop Trump running next year and the general allegation is  "the Dems are using the courts to fight political battles because they worried about Trump winning in 2024 "

Im not sure how true it really is

In the court of public opinion perception is reality. Assuming he's not convicted of a felony, Trump can and ABSOLUTELY WILL use this to his advantage once the primaries are done and it's down to him vs Biden, or whoever comes out of the democratic primary.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

So you feel that all these charges are false and Trump is innocent and just some poor schmuck caught up in it?

No, not all of them. But this is clearly the DoJ being weaponized to go after a political opponent. There has long been an unspoken gentlemen's agreement in American politics that you don't do this. There is a multitude of reasons for this like honor, a feeling of self-superiority like they should be above this sort of thing, but by far the most important of the reasons is that everybody... Okay, maybe not EVERYBODY, but a lot of establishment politicians have skeletons in their closets. Dig deep enough and you could find dirt on a whole bunch of people in DC. it comes with the territory, you generally don't achieve the levels of wealth and power they do without some... Let's say, questionable, actions. So there has long been this unspoken agreement that you don't use the DoJ to go after other politicians because once you do then Pandora's box is open and now everyone is fair game. Plus, it's a bad look if you're trying to pass yourself off as an enlightened democracy. Once you resort to political persecution via the DoJ then you're only one step removed from taking out political opponents the old fashioned way. The permanent way.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's blatantly obvious that Trump did that ****, that it's a surprise he's being prosecuted says more about the benefits of being a rich guy and powerful politician than anything else.

His supporters don't care, for them "Law and Order" is about ensuring that there are those the law protects but does not bind and those the law binds but does not protect, and Trump has given them a supreme court packed with Federalist Society ghouls to boot. This legal trouble will damage him amongst the "normies", so to speak, but he's already done that with the whole election denial thing and the Poster's Putsch. If Trump is the Republican nominee he's absolutely going to lose the majority vote and will probably lose the electoral college unless some ****ery is going on.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Which charges do you feel are legitimate, and which are a witch hunt?

i think all of this is a witch hunt, but some of the charges are technically legit. I'm not going to go through them count by count because, quite frankly, I can't be bothered. Some of the charges regarding the documents Trump kept at Mar-a-Lago are legit, albeit frivolous (you could just as easily levy many of those same charges against Biden or Hillary, Hillary especially because she was never president and I don't think the Secretary of State is afforded the same right to hang on to classified documents that the president is after their term is up). The Jan 6th stuff is total bull****. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Interesting perspective. 👍

To be clear, Jan 6th happened, it wasn't a figment of our collective imaginations, but the idea that Trump incited the protesters to storm the capitol is preposterous. It's almost as preposterous as the idea that Bill Gates is shooting lasers at Hawaii. Not nearly as hilarious a mental image, though.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

trump is not being charged with inciting the january 6 attack on the Capitol, so...

a good reason key shouldn't respond to individual counts is 'cause is clear he don't know what is being charged.

in any event, key posts read like an alt-right mad lib:

"political witch hunt," "establishment democrats," "Obama," "banana republic," "Hillary"

none o' that stuff has anything to do with the validity o' the various indictments, but you will always hear in a defense o' trump from alt-right sources. we didn't bother responding initial 'cause we saw key's response as eye-roll worthy at best. 

aside, am gonna repeat how tiresome is the hillary comparisons. 

serious, people need to quit it with hillary emails. hillary were mindboggling reckless to maintain a private server and fbi director comey tried to make that point brutal clear, but charging her for crimes woulda' been unique in the entirety o' the history o' relevant statutes. 

the biden and pence document situations is similar non analogous. the only reason the doj learned pence and biden had documents is 'cause pence and biden folks informed the doj o' the presence o' documents, after which pence and biden fully cooperated with the nara/doj efforts to retrieve docs. no obstruction. no effort to withhold documents. no attempts to destroy evidence. honest, if you see as mar-a-lago analogous, am not sure where you is getting your news.

keep in mind it were only after trump spent the better part o' a year jerking the feds around as he failed to relinquish docs as is his duty according to the Presidential Records Act that any kinda criminal investigation were initiated. even after the feds realized trump had highly sensitive defense secrets in his possession at a florida resort, the doj wasted three months to final get to the point where they sought a subpoena for doc returns and according to the indictment trump then resorted to attempts to hide documents from the feds and his own lawyers in addition to his efforts  to destroy evidence o' his obstruction.

the most obvious criticism, and one we would hear from republicans and alt-right loons if we were talking 'bout a democrat ex-President, is why it took so long for the doj to do anything about trump and his mar-a-lago docs. senate republicans on the intelligence committee would be going ape-****e if ex-Prez obama were discovered to have been waving around pentagon attack plans for iran at a martha's vineyard resort and in response the doj did functional nothing but ask politely for doc returns. 

were only after the obdurate trump team's three stooges efforts to withhold state secrets and cover-up trump malfeasance were a special counsel appointed, a counsel who would choose independent to charge for the fraud and fake elector scheme as well as the mar-a-lago docs issue.  only in alt-right fantasy land is trump some kinda victim save o' self harm.

lord knows is not worth addressing how multiple indictments and possible convictions will improve trump electability compared to 2020, but at least that aspect is opinions as 'posed to key's clear factual fubar  o' his doj weaponization narrative.  

oh, and we got no idea where key's suggested obama quote regarding banana republics and political adversaries originates, so am unable to discern validity or context. 

well, last time key learned 'bout eisenhower's military industrial complex speech thanks to Gromnir, so maybe we can learn him something new this time too, eh? baby steps.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I like that the indictments seem to be filled with verbatim quotes by Trump or some conspirator going "look at me committing my definitely criminal crimes consciously and of sound mind" or "I knew in advance that the criminal crime I committed was illegal asf, which is why I was in such a hurry to crime it up.", and still you get people going that this is a witch hunt.

Like treating a person who clearly and knowingly committed crimes as a criminal is somehow unfair or even ethically wrong. It's just the most back ass backwards logic possible.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: