The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex

Gromnir

part ii o' the trump interview has fewer, oh my god, he is so going to prison moments. as such am suspecting it will disappoint, but there is more than a few excerpts which should become part o' the permanent lexicon o' essential trumpism.

am wondering if that is how chinese history is gonna be taught in red states schools if trump is elected? (<-sarcasm) 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Gorth changed the title to The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex

fun fact:

the brady handgun violence prevention act of 1993 were the origin o' the requirement for purchasers o' firearms to truthful fill out form 4473. hunter's weapon purchase crime were not being truthful 'bout his drug addiction when filling out form 4473. again, the question he failed to answer truthful were 'bout drug addiction and not conviction o' a drug crime. from a practical perspective, prosecution for failure to disclose drug addiction is near impossible (edit: "near impossible" might be too strong, but extreme rare or ordinarily prohibitive would be appropriate. splitting hairs.) 'cause in most cases such evidence is gonna be protected by medical privacy laws. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/05/983385027/hunter-biden-says-his-family-never-gave-up-on-him

so, hunter writes a book which provides the feds with the evidence they would never otherwise have to prosecute him.

oh, and btw, joe biden were the chairman o' the senate judiciary committee back in 93/94 and while chuck shumer and bill clinton deserve most credit for the brady bill becoming law, biden stood literal just behind clinton when the President announced and signed the legislation. biden were instrumental in making the brady handgun violence prevention act of 1993 a law.

people brought low by hubris and coincidence. somehow feels as if the situation were the plot to a dickens novel, albeit a bad dickens novel.

aside: fox is always good for the alt-view.

fox folks championing the cause o' kodak black? 

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/a-timeline-of-kodak-blacks-arrests-alleged-crimes-and-other-legal-troubles-11178496

minorities frequent do suffer from a two-tier justice system, but the weapon charge for kodak black were maybe not the best example o' a miscarriage o' justice by the feds. ignore for a moment his lengthy rap sheet and focus on only the fed related weapon charges for kodak black from 2019.

"Kodak Black and three others were apprehended by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents while trying to cross into Canada from New York. He was found with a Glock 9mm pistol and marijuana and was taken to the Niagara County Jail.

"He paid the $20,000 to $40,000 bond and then walked out of the jail with a fan of cash covering his face.

"Then, less than a month later, he was arrested on weapons charges in Miami. Just before he was set to take the stage at the hip-hop music festival Rolling Loud, he was apprehended by U.S. marshals for state and federal firearms violations following what was described as an “extensive investigation.”

"The federal charge arose from an instance in which the rapper allegedly lied about the status of his criminal cases when he filled out official paperwork for a gun purchase."

TWO separate weapon related arrests in one month? kodak black deserved at least three years for being a criminal knucklehead.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Independent - Chinese human rights lawyer chased out of 13 homes in two months

A disbarred Chinese human rights lawyer has been forced to move 13 times in two months as part of a pattern of harassment against him and three other prominent rights advocates in Beijing that is further squeezing the country's battered civil rights community.

Wang Quanzhang said he is now living in a borrowed apartment in the suburbs where the power is frequently cut off, while another lawyer left Beijing entirely in hopes of ending the harassment.

His colleague Bao Longjun said he is still in the apartment he owns, but has been barred from leaving it multiple times by unidentified groups of men who loiter outside his door. Bao said a fourth lawyer was detained along with his wife.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://asiatimes.com/2023/06/the-india-china-game-in-the-united-states/

China potentially checkmated?  One of my biggest fears for many years was U.S. would secure India in its orbit solidly because whilst India doesn't have the economic clout china does by any stretch, it does have a huge population that is younger and their economy is growing.  I don't like Modi and his political views at all it's like the worst of everything, cultural nationalism and xenophobia mixed with economic liberalization, not to mention that Adolf Hitler is openly revered by many Indian students so this could get very ugly if this develops.  Not NOW of course, but perhaps 20 years from now India could be an economic powerhouse like china/usa.

Guardian - Human Rights Campaign ; LGBTQ+ Americans living in state of emergency, human rights group warns

LGBTQ+ Americans are facing a state of emergency as states continue targeting them with legislation, the community’s largest advocacy organization has declared.

The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) has issued a statement on the emergency that emerged from “an unprecedented and dangerous spike in anti-LGBTQ+ legislative assaults sweeping state houses this year”.

• Sad 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

RFKJR Superpac funded by Trump backers lmao

Choosing to attend and speak at literal Hitler-quoting far-right hate group events probably doesn't do him any favors either.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Choosing to attend and speak at literal Hitler-quoting far-right hate group events probably doesn't do him any favors either.

It's helpful if he wants to pivot to being a media personality in the current era of "anti-woke" grifting, which is more likely than him winning the primary. The question is if he gets dropped by his fans when the current primary is over and he's no longer able to hit Biden with splash damage or if there's enough interest in another 60-year old man who thinks wifi gives you cancer to make it the grift game.

40 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

It's helpful if he wants to pivot to being a media personality in the current era of "anti-woke" grifting, which is more likely than him winning the primary. The question is if he gets dropped by his fans when the current primary is over and he's no longer able to hit Biden with splash damage or if there's enough interest in another 60-year old man who thinks wifi gives you cancer to make it the grift game.

Oh, right, the Tulsi Gabbard approach. Yes, that would make an unfortunate amount of sense: despicable creatures abound everywhere, it seems.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

17 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Oh, right, the Tulsi Gabbard approach. Yes, that would make an unfortunate amount of sense: despicable creatures abound everywhere, it seems.

It would make sense, but perhaps the fact that I haven't really heard much about Gabbard regularly over the last few years or so (your mention of her I've seen in months and covid has destroyed my sense of time) shows that there is maybe a limit to the "I left the left" grift in terms of launching someone into the big leagues of the grift game. If RFK goes the way of Gabbard, it looks like he'll go from being the current "anti-establishment" fave to doing slots on FOX news and hosting a middling show that struggles to pull any big names in. Still will probably make more money than having to get a real job though.

• Like 1

I realize now that I've taken the wrong approach. Forget about the man's policies. Vote for RFK because he's shredded.

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How is he so muscular yet he barely manages a few push ups?

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

11 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

maybe he is like cable from the x-men, but instead o' suffering from a teachno organic virus, rfk jr. is bat crap crazy.

RFK Jr.’s reign of error: Correcting the record about yet another false claim he just made

https://scottlilienfeld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/bowes2020.pdf

In conclusion, our findings paint a multifaceted, albeit still
hazy, portrait of the modal conspiracy-prone individual. A
mixture of narcissism and undue intellectual certainty, on the
one hand, conjoined with poor impulse control, angst, interpersonal alienation, and reduced inquisitiveness, on the other
hand, may provide a personological recipe for a tendency to
 | BOWES et al. 13
impetuously latch on to spurious but confidently held causal
narratives that account for one’s distress and resentment. To
the persons fitting this portrait, positing a world populated by
malevolent actors hatching secret plots may be comforting,
as it may afford at least a partial explanation for their otherwise inexplicable negative emotions. From the standpoint
of cognitive dissonance theory (Festinger, 1962), it may be
psychologically easier to invoke an external attribution, in
this case, a conspiratorial worldview, to account for one’s
dissatisfaction than to posit an internal attribution. Such individuals may not see a compelling reason to double-check
their intuitions because they are certain that they are correct.

additives in the drinking water turning kids trans? wifi is melting your brain?  the guy is a walking, talking cry for help but some have decided he is a reasonable political alternative? okie dokie. 

anywho, perhaps rfk jr. works out not to increase pushup count but to keep his demons from dragging him deeper into the abyss. you and Gromnir cannot see the infernal beasts which is forever howling in his ears and worming through his brain. we see a guy not able to manage ten pushups, but that is 'cause is impossible for us to perceive yog-sothoth pressing down on rfk jr. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

Pidesco  please dont encourage bigotry, just say NO to ageism :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Steroids

9 hours ago, Pidesco said:

He's 69 :brows: years old. I'm in my mid 40s and I lift weights every day. I'm every bit as strong as I was at my peak in my late 20s, but I don't have the stamina I had 20 years ago. I imagine my stamina is only going to further deteriorate in another 20 years.

Since Biden won't debate him, or Marianne Williamson, for that matter, I propose a posedown instead. I want to see Marianne break out a rear lat spread pose.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

His cardio is probably crap.

No need to do cardio for upper body strength. It's not a waste of time, all things considered, but it has (essentially) nothing to do with this. Unless you mean general cardiovascular health instead of good cardiovascular fitness.

I'd say he did a total of zero reps in that video. When you do push-ups, you push yourself all the way up until your arms are straight. Likewise, in chin-ups, you lower yourself down all the way until your arms are straight. Otherwise, the rep doesn't count.

His age probably has quite a lot to do with it. I'm older than @Keyrock and I'm pretty strong, but there's no question my stamina has gone down and my recovery times have increased like you wouldn't believe.

Edited by xzar_monty

15 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Not impressed by that, I'd say, especially because 40 push-ups sound so meaningless: nearly everyone would have to train specifically for that, but there's just no point. After being able to do, say, 25 push-ups, you're not going to gain anything meaningful from being able to do more. It would be much wiser and a better use of your time to work on your bench press instead and try to get that up to about twice your bodyweight.

Not that there's anything wrong with being able to do that many, but training up to that just makes no sense.

See? Here's an insanely strong woman that I've trained with and learned a lot from. But she doesn't do 40 push-ups because training up to that wouldn't make sense. However, her strength and physical health is something quite unbelievable.

Edited by xzar_monty

11 hours ago, Pidesco said:

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

His cardio is probably crap.

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Im not now, and have never been, debating you about strength.

as am getting older, am aware o' our advancing decrepitude, but 8ish pushups for a s'posed fit 69 year-old man is not particular impressive. is within presumptive average range and nowhere near newsworthy.

https://steelsupplements.com/blogs/steel-blog/how-many-push-ups-should-you-be-able-to-do

am also pretty sure rfk jr. has already had hip or knee replacement surgery... which is so utter beside the point when a s'posed Presidential candidate is promoting the theory that chemicals in our water is turning kids trans.

for chrissakes,  how is that kinda thing (and hardly a solitary example o' lunacy from rfk jr.) not an obvious disqualifier for voters? 

post covid US is a scary place.

edit: after all the major SCOTUS rulings is known, we will offer thoughts: moore v. harper (elections), counterman v. colorado (first amendment), US v. TX (immigration/deportation), haaland v. brackeen (indigenous people adoptions), sackett v. epa (clean water), allen v. milligan (redistricting and race), students for fair admission v. harvard v unc (affirmative action), biden v. nebraska (student loans),creative llc v. elanis (gay wedding website/first amendment), groff v dejoy (employer duty to provide time off for sabbath).

bold = waiting on decision.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2