What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Should probably go get that checked out to make sure there's no myocarditis. :(

You are clearly unacquainted with American healthcare: I will just let my nieces collect the life insurance cheque.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 3
  • Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hopefully you recover soon

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was most severe for a few hours in the morning, and it somewhat faded to varying degrees after that. I did drank a pile of magnesium and that seems to have helped. I won't lie, some of it might be psychosomatic; there are a couple of general health issues I particularly don't like and give me anxiety which can magnify the issue, and chest pains are one of those things. Family history of strokes and heart attacks, I suppose...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I spent yesterday vacating my digestive system in a few ways and was so light headed I couldn't focus on anything. But that's over and I'm feeling better now.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

You are clearly unacquainted with American healthcare: I will just let my nieces collect the life insurance cheque.

I'm on the gofundme healthcare plan, where you try to make social media posts go viral and use that to direct attention to the fundraiser. It's the market in action, and the market is NEVER wrong.

I also can't afford life insurance lmao

• Sad 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

I also can't afford life insurance lmao

That reminds me, I need to work on a will.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I have too much life insurance because when I die I want there to be questions asked if I was somehow killed for the money, because there's no way I die of old age... and so more than just my enemies will celebrate my death.

I have to be honest that sounded like something malcador would say.

1 minute ago, Hurlshort said:

My wife and I took out life policies when my daughter was born. It is weird to think we have been paying on those for 15 years now. They only go for another 10 years, but at that point, the kids will be grown.

Don't you get some sort of payout in the end?

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

I doubt it. It sound like Hurl has term life insurance which typically just ends at after the term is up. Whole life insurance can be borrowed against, have money withdrawn from it, and you definitely get a payout at the end because it ends when you die. I'm not an expert though so while this is generally accurate there may be many exceptions and types of coverage that I don't know anything about. 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

31 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Nah, there are enough reasons to suspect I was killed as is. 

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

As Shady said, it is a term policy, so we pay relatively little ($40 a month) for a decent payout, but it doesn't accumulate. We also have policies through work that act as both life insurance and retirement, but they do not pay out very much if we die.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I doubt it. It sound like Hurl has term life insurance which typically just ends at after the term is up. Whole life insurance can be borrowed against, have money withdrawn from it, and you definitely get a payout at the end because it ends when you die. I'm not an expert though so while this is generally accurate there may be many exceptions and types of coverage that I don't know anything about. 

What if you're half dead/half alive? Get half the insurance sum? 😛

I have a bit of insurance together with my pension fund. A lump sum In case of permanent disability and a two years income insurance if not permanent. Less if I die outright, then just enough for a nice funeral.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

am similar not an expert but our whole life is an investment as 'posed to something we use to protect loved ones, well, at least once our sister died. our whole life policy produces not insignificant dividends which we reinvest adding to overall growth and am also avoiding some taxes by keeping as life insurance. our whole life growth is also unaffected by events such as the past year's market uncertainty  which resulted in a significant dent in our ira-- stability is its own value. also, if we ever have a big ticket item such as a car or house we want to purchase w/o sacrificing other investments, am able to cash out w/o penalties those other investments might suffer.

a decent whole life policy is worth considering even if you aren't trying to create an ulterior motive for beneficiaries who survive your passing.  also, if you do have beneficiaries 'pon whom you wish to impart a bit o' post demise schadenfreude, perhaps aware that you is old/unwell, you may cash out and not tell beneficiaries. sure, you won't get to see their faces, but the predictable shock when they discover the $250k life insurance policy they thought would be theirs once you die were terminated and donated to charity six months before your death could keep your inner villain amused.

not that Gromnir would personal ever do such a thing. nope. no chance whatsoever.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today's fun discussion:

"I want to install Minecraft mods."
*checks*
"Nope."
"Why not?"
"Because."

Because... yeah, beause they all apparently require a Java based mod loader. Thanks, but, you know. No thanks. Quick check tells me there were 'only' 29 vulnerabilities discovered in the Java runtime environment. In 2022. And that is without figuring out a way to prevent my nephew from loading up MINECRAFT_HAXXOR_BITCOIN_MINER.JAR.

Yep. Like I said. Nope. :no:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

19 minutes ago, majestic said:

Today's fun discussion:

"I want to install Minecraft mods."
*checks*
"Nope."
"Why not?"
"Because."

Because... yeah, beause they all apparently require a Java based mod loader. Thanks, but, you know. No thanks. Quick check tells me there were 'only' 29 vulnerabilities discovered in the Java runtime environment. In 2022. And that is without figuring out a way to prevent my nephew from loading up MINECRAFT_HAXXOR_BITCOIN_MINER.JAR.

Yep. Like I said. Nope. :no:

Aaah, cmon... How will he learn?

• Haha 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Aaah, cmon... How will he learn?

The mods and the loader are probably perfectly fine, but we're talking about my parents PC, and if anything goes wrong, it'll be me who has to solve the issues. I guess I could give him a VM to play around with. It also doesn't help that the mods are all hosted on these super stupid download sites that have ten "download" buttons on the page, of which elven link to ads of suspect repute and the button "continue" hides the actual download link.

Looks like CurseForge has Minecraft support in its standalone version. The one that comes without the Overwolf framework. Well, it's not paranoia when they're really out to get ya, right? I guess that could work. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good day at the range today. I had this 15 shot grouping at 25 yards that I'm quite happy with:

f2ADXzS.jpeg

1 nasty outlier low but the other 14 shots are quite solid for 25 yards.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finished all my X-Mas present wrapping. With that done, I'm officially done with all the stressful (shopping) and tedious (wrapping) holiday stuff. Now, I'm going to drink 15 year old scotch.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Incidentially... my wife's Christmas present arrived too:

Spoiler

197329_1932_6.webp

Gold necklace with brilliant-cut diamonds & topaz.

Matching companion piece to the earrings from two years ago. :) 

Well, the image link's broken. Boo. Boo.

• Like 3

Finished my xmas shopping as well

Nothing really exciting this year, wife got a new phone and some athleisure wear she'd been asking for and my son got some toys from some show he really likes but we don't let him watch much of. We did get the Kaylon (Roborock is the actual brand) for the house but it never went under the tree so I'm not counting it.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Some of y'all must be either 100% sure the spouses don't ever visit this forum, or don't do the whole secret presents thing.  ;)

...I can't believe it's Dec. already again. I mean I can, but I can't at the same time. Pfft.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My wife knows about you guys, but I don't need to worry about her browsing the forum. :p

I bought a Zwift Hub Trainer, which is kind of a gift for both of us, but I have a feeling I will be using it most of the time. Still it's a pretty great price for a decent smart trainer. I almost bought a 2nd so we could ride side by side, but I figure I should see how well we do with one for now.

• Like 2