What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

A chunk of the day wearing respirator gear and spray painting various things...

Then the mass delivery of things that needed to be sorted out.

When I was querying my friend in San Diego whether a Quinceneara is a formal event and do I need a suit and tie along... I got a reply of "Eh, think wedding. The important thing is the kids want you to bring Cadbury flake."  - So I've just taken delivery of 1kg of appropriate chocolatey goodness to whisk over in the luggage.

Also, the new addition to the household I've just finished setting up:

Fh8lwp7X0Awyxmz?format=jpg&name=large

With a couple of slapmats in place to help with any future spillages.

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Is that gaming? I guess it could be at that.

Well, if you want a steering wheel with forcefeedback powerful enough to yeet your desk out the roof, you're going to need a decent one of those chair rigs, and if you're already going for a chair rig, you might aswell go for one that moves, I mean - you already have forcefeedback in the wheel, but that doesn't really do it, does it? A 6DOF chair is what you need for a good and proper experience. *Nods sagely*

• Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Well, if you want a steering wheel with forcefeedback powerful enough to yeet your desk out the roof, you're going to need a decent one of those chair rigs, and if you're already going for a chair rig, you might aswell go for one that moves, I mean - you already have forcefeedback in the wheel, but that doesn't really do it, does it? A 6DOF chair is what you need for a good and proper experience. *Nods sagely*

And at that point you actually buy a car and track time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5 minutes ago, Sarex said:

And at that point you actually buy a car and track time.

Well, until you inevitably smash it that is, then the motion chassis will seem comparatively cheap. 95000 isn't that bad if you compare it to high level dragracing. :p

• Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have the most advanced rig for American Truck Simulator ever. The force feedback is amazing.:shifty:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I have the most advanced rig for American Truck Simulator ever. The force feedback is amazing.:shifty:

The Gas DLC comes with a painful price model.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Malcador said:

The Gas DLC comes with a painful price model.

The Gas DLC doesn't work with my rig, I need the Diesel DLC.:shifty:

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wait... y'all can get fuel as DLC? It's only available as premium consumable here 😭

• Gasp! 1

59 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I think diesel is still a type of gas. :p

I go rounds about trying to get my hydrogen fuel terminology correct. I mean, I guess it is more of a gas than petrol or deisel, since they are liquids. Now I just try to say fuel. 🤣

Fuel is the catch-all term. Gas, short for gasoline, is different than diesel. Alternatively, gas, the state of matter that occurs when you raise a liquid to a high enough temperature, is also different than diesel. 

Anyway, I was just being pedantic. :p

/checks "pedantic" off vocab checklist 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not really pedantic, is technically correct

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

Not really pedantic, is technically correct

Except "Gas" is called "Benzin" in Europe. Whenever Americans talk about "Gas", A Europeans first thought is LPG in bottles

Edit: And down here, "Gas" is called "Petrol". Not that people really fill up their cards with Petroleum (being used as a paint stripper or a foul smelling lamp/torch fuel instead)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

27 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Except "Gas" is called "Benzin" in Europe. Whenever Americans talk about "Gas", A Europeans first thought is LPG in bottles

Edit: And down here, "Gas" is called "Petrol".

In Polish gasoline is benzyna. Diesel is diesel.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I decided to splurge a bit on those Black Friday sales... bought myself a plot of land in Scotland and I'm now officially Lord <real name> (no, not Lord Gorth!) 😂

Also pledged a bit of money to their tree planting efforts 🌲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Gorth said:

I decided to splurge a bit on those Black Friday sales... bought myself a plot of land in Scotland and I'm now officially Lord <real name> (no, not Lord Gorth!) 😂

Also pledged a bit of money to their tree planting efforts 🌲

I saw that commercial on YouTube. Did they send you the coordinates? Also how big is the land?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5 hours ago, Sarex said:

I saw that commercial on YouTube. Did they send you the coordinates? Also how big is the land?

Just 5 square feet 😂

And yes, you get the gps coordinates for your tiny little plot of (Scot)land… you can’t pick your plot as they are sold sequentially from as chunks of the original land they are split off from

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:17 AM, Gorth said:

Just 5 square feet 😂

And yes, you get the gps coordinates for your tiny little plot of (Scot)land… you can’t pick your plot as they are sold sequentially from as chunks of the original land they are split off from

Keyrock said:

Fuel is the catch-all term. Gas, short for gasoline, is different than diesel. Alternatively, gas, the state of matter that occurs when you raise a liquid to a high enough temperature, is also different than diesel. 

Anyway, I was just being pedantic. 

/checks "pedantic" off vocab checklist 

Okay that's extremely pedantic 😄
On the offnote, got myself some gear for upcoming winter(and summer) since it's Black Friday online already. Picked up a few pieces of western wear from  https://gritroutdoors.com/apparel/western-wear/ (a couple of Stetsons and a pair of boots for summer, mine are all broken after 2 years).

How much was it tho?

Edited by TruckerJay
typo

3 minutes ago, TruckerJay said:

How much was it tho?

On that special sale, forty something us dollars plus thirty if you want it printed on official paper (which I chose). Also a monthly eight dollar donation to a tree planting initiative. I didn't want them to frame it though, as i prefer to do that myself once I get the paper work.

Normally it's a few hundred dollars for the land plot.

• Thanks 1

It looks like I misunderstood the common statuses in Teams and other collaboration platforms. I thought "away" means the person is currently not at the keyboard and "busy" means the person is currently, well, busy with something important. Clearly that cannot be right, otherwise I would not have three missed (internal) calls after being away from the keyboard for five minutes.

I suspect continuous use of coke might cause color blindness. Semi in-joke here, but the department in question is always on major overdrive to the point where we started calling them the coke smurfs, and they always want red lines drawn with green ink and ideally now.

Going to make myself a coffee now and go have lunch before changing my status back to online, then we can talk about inflating a baloon in the form of a kitten. Maybe.

Spoiler

Joke explanation:

• Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.