What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

10 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Some of y'all must be either 100% sure the spouses don't ever visit this forum, or don't do the whole secret presents thing.  ;)

...I can't believe it's Dec. already again. I mean I can, but I can't at the same time. Pfft.

She doesn't read the forum, no, but the necklace is not a secret present either. Not buying (kinda pricey) jewelry without checking if she likes it first. :p  

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

My wife barely knows this forum exists, so when I die Ill just disappear, nobody will come on to announce it. :lol: She also 100% runs the household finances, so unfortunately, she always "spoils" herself to the gifts because shes always peeping the Chase app and the Amazon cart/previous orders. :( 

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

Have to go into office for some holiday nonsense. Joys of terrible office workspace ventilation is definitely going to result in me getting ill :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 12/10/2022 at 3:40 AM, Hurlshort said:

My wife knows about you guys, but I don't need to worry about her browsing the forum. :p

Said it before, but it bears repeating: bring us your daughter to corrupt. I mean, to interact with. In a totally non-corrupting way. :p

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

12 minutes ago, majestic said:

bring us your daughter to corrupt

Stop posting so much signature bait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Stop posting so much signature bait.

I changed "to play with" to "interact with" to lessen it a little.

Well, let me fix that for more signature bait.

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

Said it before, but it bears repeating: bring us your daughter to corrupt. I mean, to play with. In a totally non-corrupting, harmless way. :p

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

On 12/10/2022 at 1:43 PM, Gfted1 said:

My wife barely knows this forum exists, so when I die Ill just disappear, nobody will come on to announce it. :lol: She also 100% runs the household finances, so unfortunately, she always "spoils" herself to the gifts because shes always peeping the Chase app and the Amazon cart/previous orders. :( 

But your rational  and honest posts will be missed, I hope you never die 

But I think you need to start getting your daughter involved so she can carry the torch when you gone. Not now of course, maybe in the next 20 years or so ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Speaking of missing, think Guard Dog is dead ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

or marital bliss

Same thing

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

or marital bliss

Knowing GD, more like martial bliss.

• Haha 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

40 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I am much more worried about @Katphood and the protests in Iran. 

If you check, Katphood actually visited two weeks ago, so he was still kicking at least then - last time I checked, it was a hell of a lot longer than that, I think a couple of months at least. So a little bit of good news: look at all them post likes he handed out!

Of course, with how things are going there, a lot can happen in two weeks...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Managed to remain conscious through my work day.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, majestic said:

evangelion-congratulations.gif

Better feedback than I get from management.

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

About a week ago I had all I could stand, I couldnt stand no more, of my new Transition lenses. I went back to the eyeglass store and fell on my sword fully prepared to have to purchase another set of new lenses (I kept the frames). To my great surprise, and even with me adding in a no-line bifocal, they replaced the lenses at no charge! Its a little freaky getting used to the bifocal part but they work great and I can now see up close without propping them on top of my head.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, majestic said:

(data moshing frame skipping horror show travesty)

it's only 81 MB (instead of 3) to do it properly, I don't see what the big deal is

0hfIrOm.gif

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

35 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Its a little freaky getting used to the bifocal part but they work great and I can now see up close without propping them on top of my head.

Not wanting that different-focus bifocal part in my peripheral vision when watching movies or looking out the window or looking downward at a keyboard or whatever is why I have yet to get any. I largely run around with glasses perched on my shirt and only put them on my face when I want to see distant things (or am driving, ofc, haha). Or push them low on nose/peer over the top for reading brief things. But I lead a mostly homebody existence so this isn't a big inconvenience.

At any rate, that peripheral vision bifocal spot - do you find that annoying at all?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

22 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

it's only 81 MB (instead of 3) to do it properly, I don't see what the big deal is

Good job slowing down the whole page 😛

• Thanks 1

Got some Extracorporeal shockwave therapy on my shoulder today, and goddamn did it hurt, but pretty damn good now, almost no pain at the moment, so that's good.

I checked the weather for tonight, we've had a long spell with cold and some snow, and we're going to have a couple of hours with tiny amounts of rainfall and 0C, for the temperature to drop later tomorrow down to -6 or 7C. Luckily, I bought coffee yesterday though, so it's okay to be stuck here 😂

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken