What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

Oh, ok. Well, if someone else sees it, I guess it's not a flaky O/S then. Phew.

Actually I didn't even notice the title word, I was too busy staring at the blob-stuff, wondering if it was some secret alien text or something.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, it's a weird mystery, :-.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

6 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I see it too but to a lesser degree, for me it's more bunched up so as the nazi is not seen

Same here, so much so that I thought you made a typo there.

1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, it's a weird mystery, :-.

You naughty 

intro-1648844999.jpg

• Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, Space KP, Baby said:

You naughty nazi

I've heard it both ways.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I've heard it both ways.

You naughty nazi?

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

9 minutes ago, Sarex said:

for me it's more bunched up

I force Arial/other, plus a blanket 20 font size vs. letting webpages "use their own fonts".  So on the desktop I can't tell when people use smaller fonts in posts etc, only on the phone/tablet. :) 
Main reason is at 1440, tiny or hard to read fonts drive me batty with my now both near and far sighted eyeballs and this way I don't have to ctrl+ magnify the whole page too much. It does occasionally make some boxed text elements a little offset at times but not often.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heres what happened:

1) Tep started a new NFL thread and it just grabs the last poster and makes them the originator of the new thread.

2) This gave @Bartimaeus the power to get cute with the title.

3) The first revision had the thread title center justified instead of left justified. I foolishly thought it was an honest mistake so I fixed it.

4) Now we have this clownery. :shrugz: Ill let another mod deal with it.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

@Bartimaeus  whipping-021.gif you tricksy trickster, making me think there was maybe something wrong with my PC. 

Then again...it's also rather rofl.gif

• Thanks 2

Just to be clear, the "mods" in the title of the NFL thread is specifying modifications and not moderators. I think that's very important information to discern, because...well, if you read it the other way, that would mean I was calling the moderators [corrupted text], and boy, I tell you, that is not at all what I meant, and I'd be real broken up about it if anybody interpreted it that way. Gee, I might even have to apologize. But the key thing is, I really don't think I should be left with the critical responsibility of deciding the NFL thread's title, that's...that's just too much for me, I crack under pressure and make terrible decisions! So I'd strongly recommend...oh, I don't know, Donald Trump? I think he'd be a good fit for the position, certainly much better than me.

Spoiler
22 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

3) The first revision had the thread title center justified instead of left justified. I foolishly thought it was an honest mistake so I fixed it.

I had to go find an invisible character that could be combined with space to do that, you know. I won't let my creative work be infringed upon so lightly! :bat:

O.K., real explanation time: I almost always avoid posting in the 20th or greater page of a thread specifically to avoid being the thread creator, but in incidents where it takes an unusually long amount of time for the new thread to be created, I have been known to make a rare exception. With how sporadically the NFL thread moves, that is what happened here, and I unfortunately lost my little game of avoiding being the new thread creator, and now I am throwing the appropriate temper-tantrum. Except it's not really a temper-tantrum because I'm not actually upset about it, but I am going to make it look like one until my demands are met...so you better watch out, pal.

What are my demands? Supreme executive control over the thread title...or you could just shift someone else into being the thread creator. Either way is fine with me, :yes:.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hurlshort said:

I like how we keep catch phrases alive here even when the poster who popularized it is gone. 

R00fles!

Truth be told I forgot about Volorun.

25 minutes ago, majestic said:

Fixed that for you.

Thank you. It's not nice to call people nazis for reasonable demographic concerns. I myself was naughty. Maybe I am being possessed by BRUNO?

A day full of meetings - virtual and in-person. More of the same for the rest of the week. Treat to myself is to finish the most recent edition of National Geographic :)

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Once upon a time it seemed like Hades and Volourn would be here forever.

• Sad 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

All yours! If three globals dont care then it aint my problem. Go hog wild and lets really see those "creative juices". :lol:

But...but innovation from adversity - art from censorship! If nobody is oppressing me, my creative output withers and dies! This is outrageous, it's unconstitutional...and really, I just don't like it. I'm going to have to come up with a new list of demands, preferably one where I can have my cake and eat it too.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

But...but innovation from adversity - art from censorship! If nobody is oppressing me, my creative output withers and dies! This is outrageous, it's unconstitutional...and really, I just don't like it. I'm going to have to come up with a new list of demands, preferably one where I can have my cake and eat it too.

I will oppress you. You're welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, majestic said:

Found a bunch of bold faced lies on Wikipedia:

xm9Rj0U.png

Yeah, the new layout burns my eyes. I might actually start using the Swedish version because it still uses the old layout for now.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've never understood the neurotic need for huge amounts of dead space in newly designed UIs. Instead of almost all of the space of my 1440p monitor being using, now maybe about half of my screen is used. If you use the "full screen mode" button (bottom right corner), I would argue it actually makes better use of space than the old version by having the navigational links occupy that little empty left-hand side that used to exist, but I'm not clicking that button on every page I visit - tie it to a setting cookie, and probably everything is fine.

• Thanks 1

I've got to do work for 3 people today. 's gonna be fun...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

27 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I've got to do work for 3 people today. 's gonna be fun...

But if those 3 people do the work of 1/3 of a person each, then it might not be that bad. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Woke up at 0700 for a meeting that was rescheduled at 0230 my time. 

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra