Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

Saw this vid yesterday - looks pretty promising, ngl. 

11 hours ago, Lexx said:

I can't even follow the quests. :p Pretty sure I'm not the only one who just randomly runs around the game world, hoping to not hop into a territory where mobs will mob the floor with me. The only time ever that I am able to follow the actual quests is if I'm going by walkthroughs.

Trust me, you're not alone 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

The mods that give Jesus an AK will be good.

• Haha 7

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

The mods that give Jesus an AK will be good.

Give me a mod where I play as Gun Jesus and I'm in.

37 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

That seems super sacrilegious.

You think that's sacrilegious, there sre several MegaTen games that include YHVH and the Tetragrammaton is generally not portrayed in a positive light... I guess that depends on where you sit on the order/chaos spectrum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 11/16/2022 at 5:55 PM, Malcador said:

Give me a mod where I play as Gun Jesus and I'm in.
You think that's sacrilegious, there sre several MegaTen games that include YHVH and the Tetragrammaton is generally not portrayed in a positive light... I guess that depends on where you sit on the order/chaos spectrum.
The mods that give Jesus an AK 47 https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/rifles/ak-47-rifles/ will be good.

Can't wait for CJesus and Prophet Big Smoke mods

Edited by TruckerJay
typo

40 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

It's the card mechanic that makes it a hard pass for me. I was into it before that.

I was turned off by that, but once they explained that it basically replaces the hit percentage system, it made more sense to me. I'm not a big card battler guy, but that seemed like a reasonable use of cards.

• Thanks 1

I don't mind card battle mechanics, for me the bigger turn off is the Marvel license. Superhero themed isn't a hard pass for me, but I'm so burned out on superheroes, and Marvel in particular, that it's a negative for me, and that goes for movies, shows, and vidya games. I used to get excited for superhero media because I grew up on comic books. If movie studios and game developers could just give it a rest for 5 or 6 years and let it breathe I'd likely be back into superheroes, but they're going to milk that cow so ****ing hard until it drops dead.

Anyway, the Marvel license isn't going to prevent me from giving a game a try, but it's going to have to be a really hood game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Anyway, the Marvel license isn't going to prevent me from giving a game a try, but it's going to have to be a really hood game.

I don't know how many hoods they will have. The Hood is a pretty obscure character. Plus hoods are more of a DC gimmick. :shrugz:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Yeesh. The combat looks good, but no part of me really needs more super hero conversations. 

Wake me up for Xcom 3, please.

With how they did Xcom2 DLCs and Chimera Squad, I suspect there won't be much difference between Xcom3 and the marvel game.

7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

With how they did Xcom2 DLCs and Chimera Squad, I suspect there won't be much difference between Xcom3 and the marvel game.

Not being a superhero game is good enough for me. I enjoyed Chimera Squad. I'm not sure what you mean about the DLC though, as those all added quite a bit to the strategic layer of the game.

I don't know what to say. This seems like a supermassive fail to me. Those twin-linked lascannons got completely absorbed by a single stack of sandbags? According to the Rogue Trader rulebook, page 246 sandbags has an AP of 8, a lascannon has a Pen rating of 10, and does 5d10+10 damage ontop of that. Unplayable, they need to go back to the drawing board with this. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I don't know what to say. This seems like a supermassive fail to me. Those twin-linked lascannons got completely absorbed by a single stack of sandbags? According to the Rogue Trader rulebook, page 246 sandbags has an AP of 8, a lascannon has a Pen rating of 10, and does 5d10+10 damage ontop of that. Unplayable, they need to go back to the drawing board with this. 🤓

AKSHUALLY those aren't cannons. 🤓

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

i hoped they would work more on those character models and animations, thye seems so stiff - also not enough gore - I need my sync kills in my warhammer

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

11 minutes ago, Oner said:

AKSHUALLY those aren't cannons. 🤓

Oh I beg to differ, good ser!

2022-05-23-11.28.10-scaled.jpg

Even though their configuration differ slightly, size and shape would dictate otherwise! 🤓

Edited by Azdeus
Changed image
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 minutes ago, Oner said:

Yet those tiny red flashlight beams indicate small arms fire! 🤓

Are you mocking the great Omnisaiahs work? 😲

086.png

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra