Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

39 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

In there recent statements they did say the next Witcher game would be part of a trilogy. :)

Indeed, here is  an infographic  about this. Exciting time to be a gamer :dancing:

unknown.png

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here is the official CDPR strategic update

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Wormie it must be nice to be Polish and have such a prestigious and famous company  created by your countrymen ? Even if someone doesnt like the Witcher series, hard to believe but it has its detractors,  CDPR created GOG and I dont think I have ever met anyone who doesnt like GOG?

SA doesnt have any famous gaming companies, its not our strong point at all :(

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Wormie it must be nice to be Polish and have such a prestigious and famous company  created by your countrymen ?

It’s nice that they did a great adaptation of books series I enjoyed as a kid. I never quite connected with the concept of being tied to something purely because I happened to be born on land within the same political jurisdiction as a company/artist/sports team. Really, in gaming what company location indicates is that most likely in that it relatively cheap to run a studio there. Not sure, if it is something I would feel particularly proud of. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

It’s nice that they did a great adaptation of books series I enjoyed as a kid. I never quite connected with the concept of being tied to something purely because I happened to be born on land within the same political jurisdiction as a company/artist/sports team. Really, in gaming what company location indicates is that most likely in that it relatively cheap to run a studio there. Not sure, if it is something I would feel particularly proud of. 

Well in life you definitely dont just like something because its from your country, thats not what I am saying.

You like things that are successful and when they globally recognized as prestigious its even more significant. And CDPR was founded and created by Polish people within Poland

So it should be okay  for you to be proud of it because you Polish, thats normal I would say for most people?

Thats why Obama was given a copy of Witcher 2 by the Polish PM in 2011

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/obama-mentions-the-witcher-during-trip-to-poland/1100-6420055/

John Milton 

It's a point n click based on Jak Rozpętałem Drugą Wojnę Światową (1969).

Edit: I should watch that again.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And CDPR was founded and created by Polish people within Poland

So it should be okay  for you to be proud of it because you Polish, thats normal I would say for most people?

That’s precisely a jump in thinking that I could never wrap my head around. Why would I be proud of something I have contributed nothing to? But a I think you are right that that’s a normal sentiment for most people. It’s just one of those things that keeps puzzling me :) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

This is blatantly false, Wikipedia tells me that South Africa made the famous Genital Jousting.

:lol:, I have never heard of it 

The only memorable game from SA is Stasis and Im not sure how many people know about it ?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/380150/STASIS/

20 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

That’s precisely a jump in thinking that I could never wrap my head around. Why would I be proud of something I have contributed nothing to? But a I think you are right that that’s a normal sentiment for most people. It’s just one of those things that keeps puzzling me :) 

Ask your president why he gave a copy of W2 game to Obama, he can explain it :p

Its just about being proud of something that comes from your country, patriotism and all that. I understand it 

John Milton 

4 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Very excited about CDPR's future Witcher franchise games. But also very curious about what "Hadar" will be. We know it will definitely be an RPG, and it will be "distinct from Witcher and Cyberpunk." So sci-fi?

They seem to be very reticent about Hadar....only time will tell 8)

John Milton 

8 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Ask your president why he gave a copy of W2 game to Obama, he can explain it :p

Well, that’s different though. CDPR is a big company and Witcher games have been the biggest export product the country had. That means a lot of new jobs, a lot money flowing in and out, a lot of payrolls to tax. Every government likes companies that bring a lot of money. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wormerine said:

Well, that’s different though. CDPR is a big company and Witcher games have been the biggest export product the country had. That means a lot of new jobs, a lot money flowing in and out, a lot of payrolls to tax. Every government likes companies that bring a lot of money. 

Yes and if you live in that  country wouldnt you be proud and supportive of that company because it benefits your country with the tax generated? And I assume you still have family and friends living in Poland and since  we both agree that tax revenue is a good thing doesnt that mean you would support the success of CDPR as a Polish company because it benefits Poland and the people living there ?

John Milton 

Whatever Hadar is, may it be a service based game that is well monetized.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Whatever Hadar is, may it be a service based game that is well monetized.

EGS exclusive, sponsored by Intel's GPUs and the PC version is a back port from the mobile game.

Just a shame it can't be Stadia exclusive instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

Nope.

Sorry for cross posting this, but people probably missed it in the music thread. xD

fdd.gif

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Space Witcher.

Mom, can I get Space Witcher?

No honey, we have Space Witcher at home.

mars+war+logs+(1).jpg

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks