What are you Playing Now? I name all the operations that go down in Taipei.

Giving Surviving Mars another go with a couple of mods that sort out some of the braindamaged colonist AI issues.

While my current map is more conducive to having a single central base I did have to make outposts for various resources.

The one giving me grief, specifically, is my research outpost. It's pretty far away from my main base, but my scientists apparently aren't the brightest as they regularly decide to walk across the map to my main base, and suffocate while doing so... There's shuttles available in both directions (shuttle hub in the remote area shouldn't have been necessary, and unsurprisingly adding it didn't solve anything, nor did designating a hub for only personnel transport)

Noticed some of them actually "live" in my main base instead of the outpost (though there's plenty of room in the Research dome) so I dunno what to do about it at this point.

Seems to be a known issue and there doesn't really seem to be a solution... :banghead:

Edited by marelooke
  • Hmmm 1

I went back to Assetto Corsa on PS4 to try out again few of the Special Events and Races, which were to hard for me when I stopped playing two years ago. And it looks like, I probably am faster now, after some racing on PC 😄 I finished the GT3 and GT3Extreme series (8 laps and 1 hour endurance races with a crappy McLaren MP4 GT3 Car) And so far one of the hardest AC Special Events, Flight Simulator Hot Lap with Pagani Huayra on Nurburgring GP. When I quit the game, two years ago, I was 3 seconds slower, than the time required for Gold Medal, and I thought, I will never cut these second of my time. In the end it took me more than two hours over two days, to tame that beast, and achieve the crazy time required for the gold. A day later, I tried another Event, which I thought, will be similarly hard, but to my surprise, as soon, as I found good setup for the Lotus Exos 125, I managed to beat the required time in 15 minutes or so :)

Unfortunately after 2 weeks of intense racing, my brand new Racing Wheel died... And I am now waiting on support... An email came back with approximate waiting time of 1 week... I am sooo sad and pissed now :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hardspace is fun, although pulling myself at 20 m/s into a spaceship and dying from the cracked faceplate was a goof.  The experience of working for uncaring bosses and doing menial, repetitive tasks is a bit too close to real life to be entertainment, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gamedec must have one of the most unfun, tedious endings in gaming history. I can't bring myself to click through that last bit of the game. If they had stopped just a bit earlier, it would have been a great game. But they ruin the experience with terrible design choices at the end. And in the end that is what people are left with - the impression of a game they had to force themselves to endure the ending.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I completed Oblivion two  nights ago, I spent about 240 hours on the game and it really was a worthwhile experience with mods changing the game from fun to superlative

Maskars Overhaul really addresses all the initial design flaws like level scaling and then Ultimate Leveling makes exploring and questing meaningful because level advancement is based on XP and completion of quests and tasks and not just endless repetition of skills 

The game gets 80/100 on the globally respected " BruceVC game rating system " 

I also learnt how to properly mod this specific game and what mod managers to use. That took about 25 hours but I did waste some time by not following a logical troubleshooting approach

Now I am having a break for a few days before I can decide on that question that all us gamers love ...what do I play next?

So I am just having loads of fun in my modded RDR2 SP game, I have  added some undead mods which adds zombies and undead camps to the maps. Its not working properly but I will fix that. After getting Oblivion working with all my mods I will never ever be daunted again  by any  game and any mod incompatibilities 🥳  

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, melkathi said:

Gamedec must have one of the most unfun, tedious endings in gaming history. I can't bring myself to click through that last bit of the game. If they had stopped just a bit earlier, it would have been a great game. But they ruin the experience with terrible design choices at the end. And in the end that is what people are left with - the impression of a game they had to force themselves to endure the ending.

I am still disappointed the game tried telling me blowing that kid's chest apart was a bad idea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure I ran into that situation. Unless it is in the end armageddon phase which I found tedious, so I quit. Especially after the tedious Paradise Beach railroad.

Scripted scenes that take over gameplay have never been an elegant or fun idea. We put up with them as sometimes story bits have to be given to the player and sometimes things have to happen within the game environment. But making the whole ending just one long script that the player has to pretend they are playing, when stripped of bare essentials like movement controls?

It's like the cute friend I had at school of architecture who I had to explain to that buildings have walls. That just because its a summer home and you'll only go with good weather, furniture still will get ruined by bad weather the time of the year you aren't there.

The difference, she learned these things before opening her firm and is apparently now pretty good at what she does and successful. These devs (and that is Gamedec, Encased etc etc) seem to all be working in a complete vacuum as if no game had existed before theirs and everything they decide is God's gift to gamers instead of bad ideas we have known to be bad ideas for over a decade.

Edited by melkathi
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You can ice the kid after the Harvest Time quest, if I recall.   For the rushed ending - maybe they ran out of budget and time. I didn't really mind it in terms of gameplay, the moment when all the choices have a consequence was a bit hammy though. 

I lost my first teen in The Quarry, it was properly gruesome too. Abigail got decapitated, complete with excessive blood splatter and a nice close up of the severed head. I'm sad she's dead but the kill was AWESOME. :fdevil:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

16 minutes ago, Malcador said:

You can ice the kid after the Harvest Time quest, if I recall.   For the rushed ending - maybe they ran out of budget and time. I didn't really mind it in terms of gameplay, the moment when all the choices have a consequence was a bit hammy though. 

The whole game with all the investigation options leads to one binary choice in Axis Mundi. Then you get out and you can't do anything but click what the game wants you to but you are given the same binary choice again. And again. And again. Which just tells me that none of my choices mattered, since they all lead to the same binary, which then also didn't matter because you have to re-commit to it half a dozen times.

Oh right, forgot about that bit after you talk to those things in the hellish zone.   My memory ain't what it should be.  

I think I should give Old World a go, my friend keeps raving about it.

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I lost my first teen in The Quarry, it was properly gruesome too. Abigail got decapitated, complete with excessive blood splatter and a nice close up of the severed head. I'm sad she's dead but the kill was AWESOME. :fdevil:

Nice, this game sounds fun 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Fanatec Support has replied to me, and offered me a guide, where might be an issue with my wheel. And looks like, they were right. Probably during the shipping one of the cables got loose, and it stopped to working. So I am testing the wheel again, and was able to finish one more special event in Assetto Corsa on Gold :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Fanatec Support has replied to me, and offered me a guide, where might be an issue with my wheel. And looks like, they were right. Probably during the shipping one of the cables got loose, and it stopped to working. So I am testing the wheel again, and was able to finish one more special event in Assetto Corsa on Gold :)

What wheel are you using. I'm starting to get into Assetto Corsa Competizione, it's weird going from a somewhat arcadey game like Forza Horizon 5 that I play with a gamepad and in 3rd person view to a hardcore sim that I play in schlongpit view with wheel and pedals. I'm using Thrustmaster TMX Pro BTW.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Played some demos from the Summer Fest.
SCP: Secret Files - It's... a walking simulator. Sometimes you press E. There's one whole puzzle and two chase scenes. Not even an inventory. It's obviously a low-budget title, for better or worse.
SIGNALIS - A game harkening back to the old Resident Evil games, you play an android? on a crashed exploration vessel. It's more Japanese-style horror than Western but the demo ends with you picking up a copy of The King in Yellow.
Agent 64 - A throwback to Goldeneye 64. It's simple, it's intentionally janky and rather neat.
Selaco - A retro-shooter made in GZDoom. It's one of those kind of games that's made by adrenaline junkies who've exclusively been playing Doom mods for the past ~30 years, so it's super fast, you die in a couple hits, there's secrets everywhere, but it's cool. I've heard it compared to F.E.A.R. and I feel it's apt. Kind of like a tactical shooter but you're also a bit superpowered. It also promises to have a story but the demo barely hinted at things. Again, combat is brutal partially because of hard to see enemies but I had fun.
Old Skies - The newest WadjetEye Games adventure game about a time travel tourist agency?  I wasn't blown away by the puzzles or the writing in the demo, but the premise is interesting enough. And of course MORAL CHOICES.

Edited by Oner
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Oner said:

Old Skies - The newest WadjetEye Games adventure game about a time travel tourist agency?  I wasn't blown away by the puzzles or the writing in the demo, but the premise is interesting enough. And of course MORAL CHOICES.

I didn't like how I had to sound regretful about fixing that bastard's screw up before icing him.

I finished The Quarry it was freakin' great. It took me 20 hours to finish, keep in mind that I'm a super slow gamer and I tried to find all the tarot cards (I got 14/22).  The death toll:

Abigail, Emma, Kaylee, Caleb, Chris, Constance and Silas died. I'm pretty sure I can't save Kaylee, Constance, or Silas. I'm iffy on whether Chris can be saved.

The most important thing is that my girl Kaitlyn survived.

This is easily the most impressive game I've ever seen visually. There are 2 very brief hiccups that stand out. A scene where a pair of teens are in a lake. The water looks good except for a brief moment when they are having a splash fight, the water being splashed... it's not the greatest effect. There is another scene where a character briefly uses a blow torch. The jet of flame doesn't look great. In a different game with 6/10 visuals these 2 5/10 effects wouldn't stand out, but when absolutely everything else is 10/10 those 2 effects look placeholder. That's like 0.1% of the game, though.

The other 99.9% of the game the production values are LEGENDARY. The graphical fidelity, attention to detail, facial animations, lighting effects, cinematography, sound design, writing, voice acting, they're all off the charts. The bar has been raised, The Quarry is the new gold standard in production value. Where is @Bokishiwhen you need them to post 16K screenshots of this game? Guess y'all will just have to settle for the 4K screenies I posted.

Gameplay wise, there's not a whole lot to this. It's basically an interactive movie. It even has a movie mode where you can just sit back and watch it as a movie. I haven't tried movie mode yet, but I read that you can set parameters on how characters act and watch it play out. Once I save everyone I think can be saved (hopefully) on my 2nd playthrough, I'll give movie mode a spin. Anyway, gameplay consists of QTEs with fairly generous timing, choices, interrupts/actions which you may or may not chose to make (sometimes it's better to not act), and a few moments where you can fire a shotgun, but these wind up being sort of like the interrupts/actions given how generous an amout of time the game gives you to line up a shot and decide whether to pull the trigger or nor, except for 1 time near the very end where you have a much smaller window of time to take the shot. The game lets you walk around freely at times. Sometimes it's over the shoulder 3rd person with full camera control, other times it's fixed camera. It's during these times that you can look for tarot cards, clues, and evidence.

Edited by Keyrock
The forum software is super garbage
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm I'll. Will be taking strong antibiotics for three weeks and using a turbohaler (some weird inhaler thing) for two months.

Sinus infection. They shoved a camera down my nostril into my throat.

To feel better I got Chaos Gate with a 25% discount.

Now I can shoot nurgle cultists while in-game while fighting this infection out of game.

Very meta.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I'm I'll. Will be taking strong antibiotics for three weeks and using a turbohaler (some weird inhaler thing) for two months.

Now I can shoot nurgle cultists while in-game while fighting this infection out of game.

Very meta.

Shoulda gone with Plague and killed the world with it instead.

27 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Very meta.

If only A Plague Tale: Requiem was already out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I bought Symphony of War yesterday and I'm already around halfway through with it. It's a mix of Fire Emblem and Dragon Force (if anyone else gets that reference you get an imaginary cookie). This game is stupid good and very challenging and it has a decent story.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, Keyrock said:

What wheel are you using. I'm starting to get into Assetto Corsa Competizione, it's weird going from a somewhat arcadey game like Forza Horizon 5 that I play with a gamepad and in 3rd person view to a hardcore sim that I play in schlongpit view with wheel and pedals. I'm using Thrustmaster TMX Pro BTW.

The wheel, which I am currently testing for a possible cooperation on a project with a Driving School, is Fanatec DD1 Formula 1. And Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v3. Berfore that I have used like 6 years Logitech Driving force GT, and 4 years Logitech G29. 

TMX Pro seems like a solid entry level for start with Simracing "career" if you want to know, if games like ACC will be enough fun to justify little bit more spending to "upgrade your immersion". If you will enjoy ACC enough to be willing to get little bit more out of it, go for the upgrade of your pedals first :) This is the biggest upgrade you can do and is probably a cheapest one. And this is the only upgrade, which in the end, can make a difference on your speed. Everything else in Simracing is mostly just for the fluff :)

Oh and you should plan your upgrades always in 3-5 years advance 😄😄😄If you decide to upgrade one day, and decide to stay long term in Thrustmater "environment", this is definitely the best upgrade you can get :)https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-us/products/t-lcm-pedals/

Anyway, as I said, first you need to decide, if it gives you enough fun over games like Forza on gamepad, and if yes, you can send me any questions regarding simracing, you'd have, and I'll be happy to give you an advice :) As I am slowly building up my own SimRig since 2019 :)

This is my current setup, and it needs probably few more years to finish 😄😄😄

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOi8K3KER37oekKGu-jya4lqilFuDhz1/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1