Ukraine Conflict - Drei Kameraden

BruceVC

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Also the Russian Central Bank can print Rubles to create a semblance of consistency within Russia and citizens can at least draw money in Rubles. Yes the currency is almost worthless but for a while people can  still buy goods within Russia using the Ruble

But the risk is this could lead to more inflation and hyperinflation like we saw in Zimbabwe but we still some way off as long as Russia can continue to sell commodities in $

But overall the Russian economy is looking bleak and disastrous 

They cam still make a rubble a gold backed currency... It would not be pretty, but it would make it stable and convertible via physical gold trade

It may be difficult at the moment to do on the organized market due to the below, but they still can trade bilaterally across central banks if needed. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/russian-gold-barred-worlds-largest-gold-market

Also, these physical trading market cannot suspend this for too long, or it risks gold to behave like nickel

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/nickel-halted-after-historic-250-surge-costing-chinese-tycoon-billions-margin-losses

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Thanks 1

It was a nice dream that died with this conflict, but more informed people have been saying, that you cannot decouple from carbon in such a drastic measure, because you leave yourself vulnerable. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/green-dead-eu-energy-roadmap-has-shifted-decarbonization-energy-security-goldman-warns-0

The fossilless still needs to be a future because of the climate impact, but it needs to drive for nuclear fusion and hydrogen based techs. And that's a long game. You also need to have poorer countries on board for that. 

• Like 1

US still importing Uranium from Russia. Btw, did they set a date for when they will stop importing oil, or is it effective immediately?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

Not to mention a direct engagement with Russia means, uh, you know, nuclear annihilation

I'm not so sure about that anymore. If the maintenance of their most important military assets is anything to go by, most of their nuclear missiles probably don't even work anymore. If I remember right, the arsenal needs to be replaced every 10 years.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

22 minutes ago, Sarex said:

US still importing Uranium from Russia. Btw, did they set a date for when they will stop importing oil, or is it effective immediately?

No new purchases effective imm., they can still get what was contracted prior to the banhammer day

4 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Right, because the US is shooting up eastern Europe. Why would we fight YOUR war in our country? It's a silly thing to say. If someone ever invades the US, we would fight that war here, and very likely do it all by ourselves with no help from our "allies."

The point is that even though your countries are what will be getting attacked and not our country, we're still willing to die to help you defend yourselves. But hey, if that's something you don't want, by all means feel free to say so. I'm quite sure the American taxpayers footing that huge defense bill defending Europe will be more than happy to find things here at home to spend our money on.

Ain't "our" war, friend. Last I checked, Ukraine is not a part of NATO. You're casually talking about launching a completely new war, one that would have a fair chance of escalating into a major nuclear conflict. So yeah, maybe wait until Russia attacks you before going full Major Kong?

I always find this noble talk about "willing to die to defend you" quite cringe-worthy, by the way. Of course, it's not going to be you doing the dying, right? Nah, you'll be comfortable in your very much unbombed university halls, while others do the actual dying. Heh.

Yeah. By all means, find better things to spend that money on. Won't happen, sadly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

4 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Yes, modernization and replacement with new-built systems of the same kind as what was originally deployed. Not entirely new systems. So as an example, replacing a 1975-built F-15 with a 2022-built F-15 was allowed. Replacing with an F-22 falsely designated as a "modernized F-15" was not allowed.

Which article of the treaty is that stated in?

Can't have it sea based, can't have it air based, can't have it space based, limited to 100 missiles, limited sites and distribution, no multiwarhead missiles, no speed loaders. Nothing about can't research or deploy new missiles that comply though, and testing and replacement and modernization are specifically allowed.

26 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Ain't "our" war, friend. Last I checked, Ukraine is not a part of NATO. You're casually talking about launching a completely new war, one that would have a fair chance of escalating into a major nuclear conflict. So yeah, maybe wait until Russia attacks you before going full Major Kong?

I always find this noble talk about "willing to die to defend you" quite cringe-worthy, by the way. Of course, it's not going to be you doing the dying, right? Nah, you'll be comfortable in your very much unbombed university halls, while others do the actual dying. Heh.

Yeah. By all means, find better things to spend that money on. Won't happen, sadly.

Arent East European countries part of Europe ?

So when Putin says he wants to recreate the borders of the failed Soviet Empire I hate to  question your knowledge of  geography but that means European countries...so guess what friend, it is your war :thumbsup:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Arent East European countries part of Europe ?

So when Putin says he wants to recreate the borders of the failed Soviet Empire I hate to  question your knowledge of  geography but that means European countries...so guess what friend, it is your war :thumbsup:

That's based on the misconception, that Europe is somehow unified. Hint... it isn't. Not by a long shot.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

17 minutes ago, Gorth said:

That's based on the misconception, that Europe is somehow unified. Hint... it isn't. Not by a long shot.

Interesting perspective, so based on that argument are you saying it should be fine and globally acceptable  for Putin to invade other East European countries because Europe isnt unified?

Because what still confuses me about this justification of Putins War is what are you saying? Either you condemn what Russia did or you fine with it ....so what is it ? 

And Im not being patronizing, I honestly am not sure where you personally stand ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

And Im not being patronizing,

Of course not, you're just being you, as usual. Something we're all guilty of, of course.  

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Of course not, you're just being you, as usual. Something we're all guilty of, of course.  

I honestly dont know if Gorth condemns the invasion or he is fine with it because he has mentioned things like Monroe Doctrine and Real Politick. And I am not sure how this influences his personal view around this invasion of Ukraine 

I think its important we all honest with that simple question because the consequences of Putins War are economically going to hurt us all until Putin reverses what he started

And people must be honest, if you fine with this invasion then just say so. But own it at least

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Interesting perspective, so based on that argument are you saying it should be fine and globally acceptable  for Putin to invade other East European countries because Europe isnt unified?

Interesting perspective... are you saying it's fine to beat the crap out of kids, because they don't have any friends?

I never said such a thing. What I'm saying is, there are a number of European countries, that would prefer not to put themselves at risk in a conflict for the benefit of their neighbours, because they don't really feel any "kinship" with the victims. Europeans are still very tribal in some regards. Eastern Slavs, Western Slavs, Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Latin, Lombard, Frisian, Germanic, Anglo-Saxon... their interests in helping their neighbours goes as far as considering it if it may benefit themselves long term.

Edit: Never mind nationalist divides

Edit2: As an experiment, try telling Americans that America sucks!  They might get angry with you. Tell Europeans that Europe sucks!... and they'll start pondering which part of Europe you're referring to. They might just agree with you.

Edit3: Tl;dr; Europeans don't necessarily have a "European Identify"

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Well that was the case before February 24th. Now, even the most prominent Russofiles in goverments demand heavier sanctions and more help to Ukraine, which was unimaginable few weeks ago... Well of course with the exception of Hugarian and Serbian leaders :shrugz: EU was never so unified as far as I remember as it is now. I have no clue how long it last, but with this invasion the EU is kind of born anew...

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 minute ago, Mamoulian War said:

I have no clue how long it last

Until it can't be milked any further in opinion polls?

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

It really depends, in some eastern countries there is still strong pro russian sentiment, despite all this ****, so the politics are going a lot against the polls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Thats one way of looking at it or maybe you can see this as the countries  of the EU are stronger together and reject the notion of being forced to join Putins unconvincing new  empire and thats what the majority of citizens of the EU want and believe? 

John Milton 

5 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Realization that if you give in to psychotic degenerate murderer's blackmail, he will not stop there but keep coming and demanding more, can be a decent enough unifier sometimes. 

Where country do you live in, I just  realized I dont know but I assume its in East Europe ?

John Milton 

57 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Edit3: Tl;dr; Europeans don't necessarily have a "European Identify"

Just bring some refugees from middle east or africa and you find that people very much have "European Identity"

European may treat people from some areas of Europe as ****, but during crisis we see that even worst Europeans are much more preferred than people from elsewhere.

Even the thousands and thousands Russians that currently leave their country and pour in EU don't cause any short demands to close borders like couple thousand refugees from Syria in Belarus caused.

But in Europe it is important to know that people identify first by their nationality and then by their bloc/s and then as European. 

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

are you saying it's fine to beat the crap out of kids, because they don't have any friends?

Well...that is how school worked, really.  Good preparation for adult life

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

It seem like it will be even sooner than that. Some countries are turning their ships around already.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP